AT&T: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
This is a thread for AT&T Note 9 Pre-orders.

Let me start off...

I am looking at either BB or AT&T. Best buy worked out well last time, but so has AT&T.

I am thinking of doing a BOGO (some sites are reporting it to be offered).

My daughter wants a new phone, so I figure I will do the BOGO, getting her a new line of service as required to get the free one. Then after a month or so, deactivate her old line of service. She will lose her old phone number, but these kids don't ever use their phone numbers anyways. The paid for deveice will be a replacement for my note 8.

Anyone think this wont work?

sleepnclass

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Let me start off...

I am looking at either BB or AT&T. Best buy worked out well last time, but so has AT&T.

My daughter wants a new phone, so I figure I will do the BOGO, getting her a new line of service as required to get the free one. Then after a month or so, deactivate her old line of service. She will lose her old phone number, but these kids don't ever use their phone numbers anyways. The paid for deveice will be a replacement for my note 8.

Don't see why not but att always finds ways to get their ends

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Let me start off...

Where do you see the att BOGO?

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Where do you see the att BOGO?

38849df6823d314f4303d266e6fcb870.jpg

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Let me start off...

If she really wants to keep her phone number you can port it over to Google Voice for like $20 and she'll be able to use it on any device in the future.

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
When trading in my Note 8 for the 9, won’t ATT give me a few days to mail in the N8? I don’t want to have to transfer everything over waiting in the store?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
When trading in my Note 8 for the 9, won’t ATT give me a few days to mail in the N8? I don’t want to have to transfer everything over waiting in the store?

Sorry I'm not with AT&T, I'm with Verizon but I know when I sent in my iPhone 7 plus when I got note8 Verizon gave me 14 days to ship phone to them. I would call AT&T and ask cause they should allow you enough time to transfer your stuff.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So AT&T whic hused to be OK, has gone down to sucking.

I decided to do my pre-order while I was up anyways... Their online system is saying that I have to pay several hundred dollars to upgrade my note 8... when it should only be $36 for the 12th payment. My bill is correct, but their online system is all screwed up. My wife only has 2 payments on her s8 to go, and it is telling me I need to pay $400 to do her upgrade.... ugh

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Just preordered mine through bhphotovideo. Comes with dex and samsung wireless duo charger. I didn’t notice till after I did it it’s for a unlocked one. What do I lose with att with it? Hate to cancel it and lose those items for ordering an At&t one?

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just preordered mine through bhphotovideo. Comes with dex and samsung wireless duo charger. I didn’t notice till after I did it it’s for a unlocked one. What do I lose with att with it? Hate to cancel it and lose those items for ordering an At&t one?

The charging pad has some value, but the Dex Pad is worthless with the Note9. You can just plug it directly into the monitor with the right cable or adapter. I don't even know if the Dexpad will work at all with it.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
You won't get any of the AT&T enhanced features with an unlocked device. Like HD Voice, wifi calling, advanced text messaging, native video calling from the dialer, etc.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered the Ocean Blue with a ship by date by 21st - 23rd. Really sucks they didn't release a black one in the US. I bet it'll get released later on through Best Buy or something.
f718d42c68d9ced6e69222f52158539e.jpg

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
The charging pad has some value, but the Dex Pad is worthless with the Note9. You can just plug it directly into the monitor with the right cable or adapter. I don't even know if the Dexpad will work at all with it.

Yea I decided it wasn’t worth it over the $150 off at Best Buy and getting the At&T version which supports all those features. So I canceled that one and got it from B.B.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yea I decided it wasn’t worth it over the $150 off at Best Buy and getting the At&T version which supports all those features. So I canceled that one and got it from B.B.

I still can't order from AT&T ... my next plans are all screwed up. They are supposed to call in the morning... honestly, I doubt they will.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Ordered through the MyAtt app on my phone. Blue 128GB...would rather have black though. Whats up with no black?

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Ordered through the MyAtt app on my phone. Blue 128GB...would rather have black though. Whats up with no black?
Yeah looks like they either excluded black and copper for the US or they'll release it later on like how Best Buy got the Blue color in November last year. I dig the Blue but I don't usually use a case and to me skins look ugly on colored phones. If they release the Black later on I'll end up picking that up and selling the Blue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy