Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

09-14-2018 08:44 PM
1,465 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    That's another reason why I didn't preorder. I didn't want to be stuck for 2 years. Even if I did JUMP to the 10, I'd owe the amount up to half of the regular price. With a large down payment I might be ok with only s little bit left. But I decided to wait and see if tmobile offers anything else.

Still reading this discussion because I'm excited for all of you! I want pictures and more.
    Yes, this promotion for T-Mobile is not really good at all for those that are 50/50 on whether they will stay with them for 2 years. But the difference between what they are offering for the Note 5 and S7 compared to what Samsung is offering is huge. The S7 only gets $250 at Samsung and the Note 5 only $150. So that could be a difference of $350. Of course Samsung's is up front and T-Mobile's is over 2 years but yeah, big difference.
    08-21-2018 07:57 AM
    Wow you guys are all lucky.
    NO original Scan for me, no delivery date yet.
    How ever the credit card was charged on the 18!
    Spoke to a tmobile rep, they said that it wont ship until Wednesday!
    Unbelievable!
    Any one else on the same boat?
    jlangner likes this.
    Well I guess most of us won't be getting ours today. It still shows delivery today, but never shows origin scan or on truck and out for delivery. But my money was taken out yesterday. I'm truly bummed. I knew it was to good to be true. So maybe Friday will be the day most or all of us get this in our hands. But I'll still be refreshing my tracking number throughout the day.
    I'm not sure what the tmobile rep was smoking, but the $500 credit is just borr the 128gb.
    I also pre-ordered the 512gb with the same $500 trade in promotion, and my rep also said it can be either the 128gb or 512gb variant.
    08-21-2018 07:59 AM
    I believe this all happened last year as well. Most got them on Wednesday
    DaBlackman619 likes this.
    08-21-2018 07:59 AM
    Still waiting on origin Scan
    Same here. UPS app and website show no movement but strangely when I use the tracking function in the tmobile app it shows In Transit but no delivery date and doesn't show an origin scan in the activity details. This is the strangest tracking I've experienced. Don't know yet if it's actually moving or not!
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread-16867.jpg  
    08-21-2018 08:00 AM
    Just picked up from my local ups hub, enjoy fellas... See ya in the s10 forum next year
    Enjoy
    08-21-2018 08:00 AM
    Yes, this promotion for T-Mobile is not really good at all for those that are 50/50 on whether they will stay with them for 2 years. But the difference between what they are offering for the Note 5 and S7 compared to what Samsung is offering is huge. The S7 only gets $250 at Samsung and the Note 5 only $150. So that could be a difference of $350. Of course Samsung's is up front and T-Mobile's is over 2 years but yeah, big difference.
    Are you really getting $500 on your Note 5? Last year they only offered me $179. I kept it.
    08-21-2018 08:02 AM
    Are you really getting $500 on your Note 5? Last year they only offered me $179. I kept it.
    yes, lol. Read the promotion. The note 5 is literally the best trade in since it's so old and worth very little on the open market. Well actually you can get an S7 for like $125 if you search and note 5 is closer to $175 but it's the oldest phone that gets $500.

Last year Samsung had an insane promotion for those that bought the Note 7 before it went on fire and so i traded in my parents Galaxy S5 for $425. Now that was an old phone! T-Mobile had no where near as good a trade in for the Note 8. This year they have a better trade in than Samsung if you are willing to stay with them 2 years.
    08-21-2018 08:04 AM
    *facepalm*. Go call 611, re-read the promotion, take a few minutes to read the offer. You are simply confusing the fact that they said "Get half off the Note 9" (which is true IF you get the 128gb version) and the fact that the offer is tied to SPECIFIC phones that are worth $250 or $500 REGARDLESS of which Note 9 you order. They just use the 128gb Note 9 in the example because in that example you are getting it for half off if you trade in a $500 phone. It's much less sexy to say you are getting 40% off if you trade in these phones for the 512gb Note 9....

No one is smoking anything, you are just confused.
    I quoted the original details. Where are you reading? The spen allows me to change to text, but here's a screenshot. I would be careful what reps say... but that's up to you.
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread-11110.jpg  
    08-21-2018 08:04 AM
    Haha, still waiting on the origin scan, and it says I'm getting delivery today. Seems like a common issue a lot of us are having.

Man, this is fun!
    Inkdnaija likes this.
    08-21-2018 08:08 AM
    yes, lol. Read the promotion. The note 5 is literally the best trade in since it's so old and worth very little on the open market. Well actually you can get an S7 for like $125 if you search and note 5 is closer to $175 but it's the oldest phone that gets $500.

Last year Samsung had an insane promotion for those that bought the Note 7 before it went on fire and so i traded in my parents Galaxy S5 for $425. Now that was an old phone! T-Mobile had no where near as good a trade in for the Note 8. This year they have a better trade in than Samsung if you are willing to stay with them 2 years.
    Eta: I remember reading that. You're right.

Also if you cancel the "agreement" within 2 years, you lose that trade in value.
    08-21-2018 08:09 AM
    Same here. UPS app and website show no movement but strangely when I use the tracking function in the tmobile app it shows In Transit but no delivery date and doesn't show an origin scan in the activity details. This is the strangest tracking I've experienced. Don't know yet if it's actually moving or not!
    Adding tmobile image
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread-16862.jpg  
    08-21-2018 08:12 AM
    Psst...Hey...Your Note9 just got an origin scan.
    Attachment 288318

Actually..mine did! I was going to go to the store and do this, but now it says that it has been shipped, so who knows?
    08-21-2018 08:14 AM
    I quoted the original details. Where are you reading? The spen allows me to change to text, but here's a screenshot. I would be careful what reps say... but that's up to you.
    ok, well I have an email receipt telling me i ordered the 512gb and am getting the $500 in bill credits. If you are too stubborn to admit you are wrong, let's just leave it. No point in discussing it if you won't believe what T-Mobile reps will tell you.
    08-21-2018 08:19 AM
    Wow you guys are all lucky.
    NO original Scan for me, no delivery date yet.
    How ever the credit card was charged on the 18!
    Spoke to a tmobile rep, they said that it wont ship until Wednesday!
    Unbelievable!
    Any one else on the same boat?
    I am there with ya!
    08-21-2018 08:20 AM
    That's why it's good to be married. Specially to someone who doesn't care what phone they use. And will take my Note 8 when I move to the note 9. Lol
    do you make them pay the difference of what would it be if you jumped or just give it to them for free?
    Um. It says $500 or $250.

"$500 or $250 in total credits, depending on trade-in; may include trade-in credit."

Also if you cancel the "agreement" within 2 years, you lose that trade in value.
    yes, $500 for certain phones, which they specifically name, and $250 for other certain phones, which they specifically name. There is no guessing on how much you are getting lol. If your phone is in good condition and it's on the list you are getting the exact amount, whether $250 or $500. Sorry you can't understand the promotion?
    Call 611 Debdroid1A, and talk to your rep. If you don't believe what they tell you or what I'm telling you, drop the conversation. No point in continuing.
    08-21-2018 08:21 AM
    yes, $500 for certain phones, which they specifically name, and $250 for other certain phones, which they specifically name. There is no guessing on how much you are getting lol. If your phone is in good condition and it's on the list you are getting the exact amount, whether $250 or $500. Sorry you can't understand the promotion?
    Sorry. I just remember reading that it is a $500 value trade in. You're right I'm wrong about that.
    andross77 likes this.
    08-21-2018 08:24 AM
    Have a question for you guys.
    HOw is tmobile with their trade in? Is it like samsung trade in where they dont return the phone?
    I have it in good condition, but after having seen the horror stories of Samsung trade in i m little scared?
    08-21-2018 08:24 AM
    HOw is tmobile with their trade in? Is it like samsung trade in where they dont return the phone?
    I have it in good condition, but after having seen the horror stories of Samsung trade in i m little scared?
    The rep i just talked to said they would contact me within 7-10 business days of me mailing in the phone to say whether it was approved and if it's not approved would give the option of sending it back (i'm sure at my shipping expense). But that is the whole reason I pre-ordered in the store so that an employee and store manager (and DM heyoooo) could look at the phone and tell me if it was a good trade-in. They said it was and even put notes on my account to the effect. So i'm 99% sure i'll be good to go but of course the final word comes from the warehouse person that inspects your phone and no one can know for sure what they'll say.

But yeah, if they deny it, i will return it and get it somewhere else. The whole reason T-Mobile is the best place to get it for me is that the 512gb is effectively $750.
    08-21-2018 08:29 AM
    I asked T-Mobile what happens if I send in my S7 now before getting the Note9 and I end up not liking the Note9? They said they cannot send back the S7, so I am not sure what would happen if that scenario happened. But I would just wrap your trade-in device in a bunch of bubble-wrap and put it in a nice patted box and make sure to take pictures or video with the device right before putting it in the shipping box as proof.
    08-21-2018 08:30 AM
    I asked T-Mobile what happens if I send in my S7 now before getting the Note9 and I end up not liking the Note9? They said they cannot send back the S7, so I am not sure what would happen if that scenario happened. But I would just wrap your trade-in device in a bunch of bubble-wrap and put it in a nice patted box and make sure to take pictures or video with the device right before putting it in the shipping box as proof.
    Yeah, see that is not acceptable. If they determine that the trade-in is not worth $500 AFTER your return window is over AND don't do anything to accomodate that, it is a serious bait-and-switch. I confirmed with the instore employees and the phone rep that they would make accomodations if they denied the trade in. The $500 is a deciding factor for most people on when/how to buy this phone. I will confirm with another phone rep before tomorrow.
    08-21-2018 08:33 AM
    You have 30 days to trade in. So play with the note 9 and if you like it send in your old phone. If not send back the Note 9. Simple.
    08-21-2018 08:34 AM
1,465 ... 3334353637 ...