T-Mobile: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
JOD is completely pointless without $0 down. It's basically just Jump at this point except you can change any time you want.

I don't have JOD, just JUMP, and I desperately wanted the 8gb ram version. But there is no way in hell I'm putting$500 down and still having 2 years worth of payments. I would rather pay a higher monthly payment and put less down. For $1250 bucks I can buy a OnePlus 6 AND a new Note8.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Last year the Note 8 was only $179 down I think for basically the same price as the Note 9
I wonder why such a jump in down payment?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Never mind. I got the pricing here.

T-Mobile

128GB Galaxy Note 9: $279.99 down and $30 per month for 24 months on EIP
512GB Galaxy Note 9: $529.99 down and $30 per month for 24 months on EIP

T-Mobile is taking pre-orders for the Galaxy Note 9 starting tonight at 9:01 pm PT. It will also release the device on August 24. The 128GB and 512GB models cost $999 and $1,249 respectively at full retail. The 128GB model is $30 per month for 24 months on T-Mobile’s 24 month EIP plan and $40 per month for 18 months on its JOD plan. The 512GB Galaxy Note 8 is $30 per month for 24 months. It’s not available on the JOD plan.
Where did $40 per month come from for JOD? I'm not seeing this anywhere.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't have JOD, just JUMP, and I desperately wanted the 8gb ram version. But there is no way in hell I'm putting$500 down and still having 2 years worth of payments. I would rather pay a higher monthly payment and put less down. For $1250 bucks I can buy a OnePlus 6 AND a new Note8.

I don't blame you, I wouldn't put over $500 down either.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Seeing what T-Mobile costumers have to pay down....I'm so glad I'm on Verizon lol. No down payment. Just pay tax.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know for sure when they will start the wave of shipments? And will T-Mobile offer free overnight shipping like they have done in the past?

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Seeing what T-Mobile costumers have to pay down....I'm so glad I'm on Verizon lol. No down payment. Just pay tax.

Yes literally this. Idk what the hell Tmobile is thinking anymore, but that's a joke. I used to rave on Tmobile until I switched to Verizon last year and seeing this - I'm glad I did now.

$500 down lol...

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes literally this. Idk what the hell Tmobile is thinking anymore, but that's a joke. I used to rave on Tmobile until I switched to Verizon last year and seeing this - I'm glad I did now.

$500 down lol...

Lol I almost went with them before I chose Verizon but Verizon has better service in my area and saved me from that down payment lol. If there is a note 10 I can only imagine the down payment.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Lol I almost went with them before I chose Verizon but Verizon has better service in my area and saved me from that down payment lol. If there is a note 10 I can only imagine the down payment.

Unless they are going to move the S Pen over to the S10 plus I don't think they should kill off the Note series. I've been following the Note series since the Note 2 and the fanbase to that series is extremely loyal.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Unless they are going to move the S Pen over to the S10 plus I don't think they should kill off the Note series. I've been following the Note series since the Note 2 and the fanbase to that series is extremely loyal.

I agree. Love the note series. My first note was the note 3.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Lol. Yeah. It's like T-Mobile wanting that money lol. Crazy.

I honestly think Tmobile just burned themselves out with all the stuff they did a couple of years ago and unfortunately I think they also got a lot of less than desirable customers during that time. The JOD program I'm sure they lost/ are losing a lot of money because of that.

Idk. Tmobile was doing a lot of things right for a while but to come out and ask for $500 down payment for a phone is just flat out ignorant.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I honestly think Tmobile just burned themselves out with all the stuff they did a couple of years ago and unfortunately I think they also got a lot of less than desirable customers during that time. The JOD program I'm sure they lost/ are losing a lot of money because of that.

Idk. Tmobile was doing a lot of things right for a while but to come out and ask for $500 down payment for a phone is just flat out ignorant.
I agree especially if they are the only carrier asking for a downpayment