T-Mobile: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile Preorders start tonight at 11:00CDT

Because phones went from $600 when JoD came out to $1000+ now...just a guess.
Everything goes up in price over the years. They could have kept it at zero down and just made the payment higher, while limiting jumps to 2-3 times per year.
Instead, they focused on up to 12 upgrades per year AND require a down payment. Thus, effectively ending JOD for its intended purpose.
Zero down and 3 times per year was the sell for me, not 12 times per year.
Anyways, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

anon(762744)

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
That was the purple one. There has been no supply issue with that one. Nobody has seen any 512 blue version shipping out anywhere. Has anyone here with a blue 512 gotten shipping notice?

Man I thought for a second to changing my 512gb preorder from Blue to Purple, but I can't see myself spending $1300 on a Purple phone. I think Samsung really screwed the pooch with only have 2 launch colors in the US market.

OmegaSparks

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
well i ended up changing my order and now it says mine won't go out until the 24th..Tmobile really screwed up because they should have let me know that there might be a slight delay for ordering the 512 gb. I'll just wait until the 23 and if I don't see anything, then i may have to cancel it and go into the store because I don't even know if UPS will deliver it on a saturday and this is my first time preordering.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile Preorders start tonight at 11:00CDT

Yeah... No money down (Depending on credit check) was the big idea with JOD...

Why did this have to change?
Probably because people jump multiple times per year, which is fine, but tmobile loses a lot of retail value is my guess, from all of the swapped phones

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Man I thought for a second to changing my 512gb preorder from Blue to Purple, but I can't see myself spending $1300 on a Purple phone. I think Samsung really screwed the pooch with only have 2 launch colors in the US market.
Yes they did. And it seems that they might have screwed the pooch on the blue 512 also. I haven't seen anyone report their blue 512 has shipped, the 128 versions and the purple 512 have all had reports of shipping. I'm with Verizon and of course there are no reports of any of them shipping as per normal Verizon last to the party standards.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
well i ended up changing my order and now it says mine won't go out until the 24th..Tmobile really screwed up because they should have let me know that there might be a slight delay for ordering the 512 gb. I'll just wait until the 23 and if I don't see anything, then i may have to cancel it and go into the store because I don't even know if UPS will deliver it on a saturday and this is my first time preordering.

They only deliver on Saturday if you pay for extra for Saturday delivery, otherwise Monday.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
My 512 Blue went from being processed to now being kept on hold. Partly because Discover declined the initial charge as fraudulent. Now it appears I will have to wait a bit longer till they run it through again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr