T-Mobile: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

vringo79

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
Not to pour water on anyone's parade, but UPS's estimated delivery dates are not accurate until an origin scan occurs. My tracking results also have a 21st delivery date, but that is purely based on the two day shipping service that the label was created for and the label creation date of the 17th plus the weekend. I'm happy to be proven wrong though by UPS, if they want to oblige.

I think you are correct!! Especially if nothing has updated yet for those so called deliveries for today. I hope we are wrong though.

andross77

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Just to chime in. I ordered a 512gb Ocean Blue from a retail store on the evening of the 10th because our best deal was trading in my wife's Galaxy S7 for $500 off (plus around $65 off which is the normal value of the handset at Tmobile. Not sure how many of you were aware of this? But means we are getting $565 for a 2.5 year old phone :) giddyup. Over time of course, but still). Then she will take my Note 8 gladly :)

Anywho, I had "Order Processed: Ready for UPS" back on Aug. 13th. So, the Monday after I pre-ordered. Last night, at 8:40pm I got my "Origin Scan" from Mesquite, TX. And literally first thing this morning at 12:01am I got my "Departure Scan" from Mesquite, TX, which is around 11 hours drive away from Atlanta, GA, where I live.

I paid for the cheapest $6.99 shipping which was supposedly 5-7 business days. My estimated delivery date is Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2 days before release. My theory is that obviously the orders that were made around midnight between Aug. 9 and 10 are being processed first but also that T-Mobile wants to make a distinction between those that paid $25 for overnight shipping (or got it free, lucky bastards :)) and those that opted for the slower shipping like me. So the former are on a plane as of last night and will get delivery today, and those that paid for ground will get theirs on Wednesday.

The rest of you that ordered after the 10th, whothe****knows? ;)

anon(762744)

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a 512gb Ocean Blue from a retail store on the evening of the 10th because our best deal was trading in my wife's Galaxy S7 for $500 off (plus around $65 off which is the normal value of the handset at Tmobile.

I did the same promo, but purchased a pre-owned S7 from BoostMobile.com for $150 just to turn around and give it to T-Mo for $500 off. Then I will sell my S9+ for around $600 on Swappa and end up paying about $300 for the 512gb Note9.

Anywho, how did you also get another $65 trade in valve on top of the $500?

Coreymatthews92

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Just to chime in. I ordered a 512gb Ocean Blue from a retail store on the evening of the 10th because our best deal was trading in my wife's Galaxy S7 for $500 off (plus around $65 off which is the normal value of the handset at Tmobile. Not sure how many of you were aware of this? But means we are getting $565 for a 2.5 year old phone :) giddyup. Over time of course, but still). Then she will take my Note 8 gladly :)

Anywho, I had "Order Processed: Ready for UPS" back on Aug. 13th. So, the Monday after I pre-ordered. Last night, at 8:40pm I got my "Origin Scan" from Mesquite, TX. And literally first thing this morning at 12:01am I got my "Departure Scan" from Mesquite, TX, which is around 11 hours drive away from Atlanta, GA, where I live.

I paid for the cheapest $6.99 shipping which was supposedly 5-7 business days. My estimated delivery date is Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2 days before release. My theory is that obviously the orders that were made around midnight between Aug. 9 and 10 are being processed first but also that T-Mobile wants to make a distinction between those that paid $25 for overnight shipping (or got it free, lucky bastards :)) and those that opted for the slower shipping like me. So the former are on a plane as of last night and will get delivery today, and those that paid for ground will get theirs on Wednesday.

The rest of you that ordered after the 10th, whothe****knows? ;)

You're getting $500 total, not $565, you're getting the trade in credit up front off your down payment, so the $500 - $65 you get upfront is $435 you'll be getting in credits over 24 months.

andross77

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Anywho, how did you also get another $65 trade in valve on top of the $500?

I didn't do anything. Usually I order everything online but the guy in the store was super nice and let me watch his screen as he did the whole order. A screen popped up saying the trade in value (60 or 65 or 68, can't remember) and I was like, "what's that?" and he said it's just the regular trade-in value for the S7 which is SEPARATE from the $250/$500 off promotion T-Mobile was running. I saw it on 2 different screens as he went through the whole process and I told him I thought the $500 off would certainly "overwrite" the lesser amount but he said "nope".

So we'll see. Maybe he was wrong but I did see the screens saying I would get the $65 or whatever off for the S7 and then a different screen saying $500 over 24 months via credits.

andross77

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
You're getting $500 total, not $565, you're getting the trade in credit up front off your down payment, so the $500 - $65 you get upfront is $435 you'll be getting in credits over 24 months.

Definitely not this. All of us who turned in a $500 phone for either Note 9 and didn't get a discount on the normal down payment are paying $30/mo - $20.84 = $9.16 a month for 24 months. I have that exact math in an email confirmation from Tmobile.

Like I said, either the guy was totally confused (probably what happened since he was a retail employee...) or he was right. For my part, I saw both screens and read them saying the $65 for S7 and the $500 for S7 and neither said it was one or the other. /shrug

anon(762744)

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Definitely not this. All of us who turned in a $500 phone for either Note 9 and didn't get a discount on the normal down payment are paying $30/mo - $20.84 = $9.16 a month for 24 months. I have that exact math in an email confirmation from Tmobile.

I believe $9.16/month is the 128gb varient, right? And the 512gb is more a month?

andross77

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok just called 611 and after cautioning me that it all depends on the condition of the phone they confirmed twice that the $500 in bill credits and the normal trade-in value that T-Mobile offers for the S7 are separate and I would get BOTH after I traded in the phone and they verified it's condition. Feel free to call yourself and stop questioning my math, lol.

andross77

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I believe $9.16/month is the 128gb varient, right? And the 512gb is more a month?

Nope, both are the same if you are trading in a phone worth $500 because the down payments are different. I think the 128gb required around $279 of a downpayment and the 512gb requires a $529 down payment. A difference of $250 which is the same difference of the MSRP of the 128gb ($999) and the 512gb ($1,249).

anon(762744)

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Nope, both are the same if you are trading in a phone worth $500 because the down payments are different. I think the 128gb required around $279 of a downpayment and the 512gb requires a $529 down payment. A difference of $250 which is the same difference of the MSRP of the 128gb ($999) and the 512gb ($1,249).

That's right, forgot about the $600+ I had to pay just to pre-order lol.

So $9.16/month is $218.84 total. Do you think we can pay that in one big lump sum so we wont have the monthly bill?

andross77

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
That's right, forgot about the $600+ I had to pay just to pre-order lol.

So $9.16/month is $218.84 total. Do you think we can pay that in one big lump sum so we wont have the monthly bill?

I have heard you can do this and the credit will just transfer to your monthly phone bill but you definitely can't pay the $218.84 up front because the entire reason they are giving us a ridiculous value for our old phones is to lock us into a 2 year contract with them. You HAVE to stay with T-Mobile 2 years to realize the full benefit of this deal. I have no intention of leaving them so it made sense. If you are on the fence about T-Mobile you should go with the Samsung trade-in deals which were up front money.

My advice is to not pay it off early just so you don't screw anything up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12