Verizon: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I don't know bout you all but, to me I can't believe it's been 7 days since I preordered. Days are going fast lol. But the day phone is supposed to be delivered, time will go in slow mode lol. I'm just happy that this time around I got my note8 to hold me over instead of LG v20 I got after the note 7 recalls and was more in a hurry then to get the note8 lol

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I don't know bout you all but, to me I can't believe it's been 7 days since I preordered. Days are going fast lol. But the day phone is supposed to be delivered, time will go in slow mode lol. I'm just happy that this time around I got my note8 to hold me over instead of LG v20 I got after the note 7 recalls and was more in a hurry then to get the note8 lol

You all are lucky. I'm sure you'll have your preorders on the 23rd.

I have to physically walk into a brick-and-mortar carrier store and upgrade to a 512GB Note9 and getting one of those isn't guaranteed, depending on demand, although I don't think this will reach anywhere near iPhone demands.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I have to physically walk into a brick-and-mortar carrier store and upgrade to a 512GB Note9 and getting one of those isn't guaranteed, depending on demand, although I don't think this will reach anywhere near iPhone demands.
Just reading these posts and Verizon was showing no 512 versions at one point then had them available again... I wonder if they could have pulled the 512 versions from the store's to help fulfill the preorders. Go with the guranteed sales first. Just a thought

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Damn. I feel for ya. I hope you are able to get one. I hate going to my Verizon stores down here. Busy or not lol. And I definitely don't let them open box and set up phone for me. Nope I'll be the first one to open that phone. Thank you very much lol.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Damn. I feel for ya. I hope you are able to get one. I hate going to my Verizon stores down here. Busy or not lol. And I definitely don't let them open box and set up phone for me. Nope I'll be the first one to open that phone. Thank you very much lol.

The worst part is when they "want to help" and they go in and disable animations and do a bunch of tweaks and crap...and then they be like "this is going to make your battery last way longer.". I just want to reach over the counter and smack the crap out of them when they do that.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The worst part is when they "want to help" and they go in and disable animations and do a bunch of tweaks and crap...and then they be like "this is going to make your battery last way longer.". I just want to reach over the counter and smack the crap out of them when they do that.
Never had one do that to me.

But if you have to go into the store to get one, don't fret if they are out. They WILL get more in stock.These phones are actively sold for quite a while.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Lmao. Ikr:D I remember when I got my note5 in store a couple months after it been out. The guy was touching all over it and the fingerprints were driving me nuts. We were standing near a display when he was setting it up. Saying he was doing some setup to the phone or whatever and I couldn't take it anymore. I told him I don't mean to be rude but please get your hands off my phone I just paid for. I can do this stuff myself lol. I would rather preorder and be delayed than let them touch my phone.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Only thing that really pisses me off is when they tell me I have to get a new sim card. No, I don't. You just want to activate a sim card so you can charge me an activation fee.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Just reading these posts and Verizon was showing no 512 versions at one point then had them available again... I wonder if they could have pulled the 512 versions from the store's to help fulfill the preorders. Go with the guranteed sales first. Just a thought
I'm thinking the same as you. The 512gb blue will be hard to find on release. Good look to those waiting to get one in a store

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
They would never do that.
I've been taught to never say never. It's just a thought, either way I usually just order my phones. I don't need to stand at the Verizon store for 2 hours for them to get the phone running, I still have to set it up. I don't need to have accessories shoved down my throat. I hate going to a Verizon store.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just wish i could call Verizon and tell them to just charge my card. I had to call and have Chase ok the validation before I could preorder. I called Chase and alerted them that there will be a charge coming in the amount of the order, so they are aware of it coming. I can almost promise you, I'll get the email from Verizon that the card wasn't approved to enter a new card, so I'll have to call Chase and have them authorize the charge.

At least Verizon gives me time to provide payment and don't just drop the order and have me reorder, but it adds a day to my shipment.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I've been taught to never say never. It's just a thought, either way I usually just order my phones. I don't need to stand at the Verizon store for 2 hours for them to get the phone running, I still have to set it up. I don't need to have accessories shoved down my throat. I hate going to a Verizon store.

I hate going there too, but they never open my phone and set it up for me. I tell them I'll do it at home and it's over pretty quickly. But since I'm switching from iPhone X to the Note9, I'll have to trade-in my iPhone X to offset some of the cost of the Note9. And then I'll have to transfer my texts and contacts from the iPhone to the Note9. So I'll have to set it up on release day in store. Ugh.

FWIW, last year, I went to a T-Mobile store on Note8 release day right when the store opened and there were no customers waiting in line. And that was the first Note after the Note7 fiasco, but people may have been still apprehensive about the device. Maybe things'll be different this year. Who knows. The T-Mo associate told me people wanted the iPhone X and had no interest in the Note devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX