Verizon: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I went to Best Buy and checked the demo unit out. I always forget how much better the Note phones feel in the hand than the S series phones...idk what it is but they just do. Anyway, its a wonderful device. I didn't spend much time with it as I don't want to spoil myself but I had to see it in person...and then I went home with the Tab S4 (and I don't hate it either and all the reviewers are being way too hard on it if you ask me.)

Anyway...cant wait for this phone.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Mine has been stuck at the Fed ex terminal for 5 hours now. I called them to see what the problem was and they said there's a hold on it.

I wonder if I go there, I would be able to pick it up.

Lmao😂 like that Carrie movie "they all going to laugh at you" then tell you that it is delayed for another 2 weeks lol. I'm glad nobody has chewed my head off yet for this lol. Yet.

bobbyleebrown.bb

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I haven't seen Verizon prices yet, or colors, did I miss it somewhere
512GB $1249.99
128GB $ 999.99
695245258f79ed6c945da2025e1e8284.jpg

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Just shared how screwy my order is in a chat, so bring lazy & copying/pasting most of it :D .

I hadn't planned on getting the N9, wasn't enough of an upgrade for that much money, so was going to skip this one (1st time since the N3). BUT one of my sons broke his phone (S7Edge) & has been using my old N4. He had just one more month to pay on his pmt agreement. When I looked at the S9 for him I saw the BOGO offer (buy 1 get 2nd free (on a new line)). My Mom has my old N5, so not bound by a plan. The "plan", if I don't mess it up, is:

1. Upgraded son's line to 512 GB N9 (blue)
2. Added new line to get "free" 128 GB N9 (blue)

When phones arrive:

3. Activate 512 GB N9 on my line
4. Activate 128 GB N9 on son's line
5. Activate Mom's N5 on new #
6. Cancel Mom's prev #

Pretty sure VZW will have some kind of aneurysm over this!

Last edited:

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh....and mine were overnighted! Fedex just left, but I'm gonna wait til later to open them ;)

(We old timers have seen these conversations for a very long time. And we will be saying them all again for real very soon!)

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Just shared how screwy my order is in a chat, so bring lazy & copying/pasting most of it :D .

I hadn't planned on getting the N9, wasn't enough of an upgrade for that much money, so was going to skip this one (1st time since the N3). BUT one of my sons broke his phone (S7Edge) & has been using my old N4. He had just one more month to pay on his pmt agreement. When I looked at the S9 for him I saw the BOGO offer (buy 1 get 2nd free (on a new line)). My Mom has my old N5, so not bound by a plan. The "plan", if I don't mess it up, is:

1. Upgraded son's line to 512 GB N9 (blue)
2. Added new line to get "free" 128 GB N9 (blue)

When phones arrive:

3. Activate 512 GB N9 on my line
4. Activate 128 GB N9 on son's line
5. Activate Mom's N5 on new #
6. Cancel Mom's prev #

Pretty sure VZW will have some kind of aneurysm over this!

You can pretty much swap your sim's around however you want. I do it all the time. As long as you are paying the bill each month Verizon (or any other carrier) really don't care which line is using which phone.

MsDeedra

Aug 5, 2018
Visit site
Mine has been stuck at the Fed ex terminal for 5 hours now. I called them to see what the problem was and they said there's a hold on it.

I wonder if I go there, I would be able to pick it up.

What state are you? You're 1 of few saying theirs has shipped or delivered or am I missing something?

Cushy11

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if I did the Verizon B1G1F deal, if I could sell one of the phones as long as I paid the $20/month line access fee for 24 months? I'm looking to sell one of the phones to help offset the cost of my phone, but wasn't sure if both phones would be linked to my account and non-transferable to another account.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if I did the Verizon B1G1F deal, if I could sell one of the phones as long as I paid the $20/month line access fee for 24 months? I'm looking to sell one of the phones to help offset the cost of my phone, but wasn't sure if both phones would be linked to my account and non-transferable to another account.
I believe technically you can, but it's at the buyers risk, sort of. If you stop paying for that phone, sometimes the carrier will turn that phone off, it has happened, the buyer got the phone turned back on but it was a pain in the arse for them.

I am pretty sure you can't sell it on sites like swappa if the phone is not paid off, think they even check.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I believe technically you can, but it's at the buyers risk, sort of. If you stop paying for that phone, sometimes the carrier will turn that phone off, it has happened, the buyer got the phone turned back on but it was a pain in the arse for them.

I am pretty sure you can't sell it on sites like swappa if the phone is not paid off, think they even check.

Yeah cause I'm sure Verizon won't let someone else turn it on in their name after buying cause the bogo says that in order to get it free they have to keep the paying on the one they paid for and new line open for 24 months. If I understood that correctly. I'm sure if they shut line off and sold it to someone else then Verizon would charge for the phone to the original owner that sold it and plus if Verizon won't turn it on cause the original owner still owes on it then it wouldn't be fair to the person that bought it cause they have a paperweight til it is paid for. Or am I wrong?

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

You actually CAN do this (and this ONLY applies to Verizon phones) because Verizon phones are unlocked by default (and I'm not sure what the difference is between a Verizon version and the actual unlocked version anyway.) Swappa will not be able to tell that a Verizon phone has a financing agreement. Most buyers will be turned off to buying a phone that they know has a financing agreement - so with that said if you know for sure you are going to pay off that phone then I would not volunteer that information unless specifically asked, because the buyer will never know unless you abandon the line and stop paying.....even then I am not sure how aggressive they are in carrier blocking phones. In my experience selling carrier phones, Verizon phones tend to be the easiest besides an unlocked phone.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Yeah cause I'm sure Verizon won't let someone else turn it on in their name after buying cause the bogo says that in order to get it free they have to keep the paying on the one they paid for and new line open for 24 months. If I understood that correctly. I'm sure if they shut line off and sold it to someone else then Verizon would charge for the phone to the original owner that sold it and plus if Verizon won't turn it on cause the original owner still owes on it then it wouldn't be fair to the person that bought it cause they have a paperweight til it is paid for. Or am I wrong?

Not exactly true. I sold an iPhone X I had on Verizon recently that wasn't and still isn't fully paid off (I just knew I wouldn't go back to it) yet. No issues at all, and I sold it on Swappa too. The iphone is still attached to the line it was on, so...

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Not exactly true. I sold an iPhone X I had on Verizon recently that wasn't and still isn't fully paid off (I just knew I wouldn't go back to it) yet. No issues at all, and I sold it on Swappa too. The iphone is still attached to the line it was on, so...

So this person that bought it is able to use it when it not even paid off? I wouldn't sell a phone to someone that wasn't paid off. To each their own tho. I guess things might have changed cause Verizon wasn't always like that.