Verizon: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I hate going there too, but they never open my phone and set it up for me. I tell them I'll do it at home and it's over pretty quickly. But since I'm switching from iPhone X to the Note9, I'll have to trade-in my iPhone X to offset some of the cost of the Note9. And then I'll have to transfer my texts and contacts from the iPhone to the Note9. So I'll have to set it up on release day in store. Ugh.

FWIW, last year, I went to a T-Mobile store on Note8 release day right when the store opened and there were no customers waiting in line. And that was the first Note after the Note7 fiasco, but people may have been still apprehensive about the device. Maybe things'll be different this year. Who knows. The T-Mo associate told me people wanted the iPhone X and had no interest in the Note devices.
That's because reps mostly try to get you to get one especially Verizon reps. That's a major reason I hate the store. They seem to be uneducated on anything not apple related. Not all of course, but most.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
That's because reps mostly try to get you to get one especially Verizon reps. That's a major reason I hate the store. They seem to be uneducated on anything not apple related. Not all of course, but most.

Yeah. I usually know way more than the Verizon reps, but that's because of websites like Android Central.

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Setting up the phone is part of the excitement of having a new phone really. Store reps like to act like people don't know how to work the devices. If all I need you to do is activate it then that's all you should be doing.. You don't need to go into my backups for my contacts and all of that. I know how to bring them back.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Damn. I feel for ya. I hope you are able to get one. I hate going to my Verizon stores down here. Busy or not lol. And I definitely don't let them open box and set up phone for me. Nope I'll be the first one to open that phone. Thank you very much lol.

I had a Verizon store employee tell me once that he had to open a phone to activate it. I told him he could keep it then. I went home cancelled the order and had one shipped to my home. Never going to that store again.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Verizon is on back order for the 512 blue.
8cc9894d48496987c4305f90fa5a0853.jpg

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I had a Verizon store employee tell me once that he had to open a phone to activate it. I told him he could keep it then. I went home cancelled the order and had one shipped to my home. Never going to that store again.

Lmao that's funny. I don't blame you.

Inkdnaija

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site
Damn. I feel for ya. I hope you are able to get one. I hate going to my Verizon stores down here. Busy or not lol. And I definitely don't let them open box and set up phone for me. Nope I'll be the first one to open that phone. Thank you very much lol.

Jewels, you doing this again? Lol
I am with t mobile now but came to see how the thread is! What did you order? You can find me on t mobile note 9 pre order. Hope to hear from you

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone else notice when pre orders opened up it said buy one Galaxy Note 9 get one free. The free one being the 128GB version. Now it's saying you have to buy a 128GB to get a 128GB free? Did I miss something cause I even called the next day and customer service had to fix my order and they said nothing about me ordering the 512GB and getting the 128 as my free one. They even said that's the better deal. I can see this being a issue cause I know I'm not the only one who did this.

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone else notice when pre orders opened up it said buy one Galaxy Note 9 get one free. The free one being the 128GB version. Now it's saying you have to buy a 128GB to get a 128GB free? Did I miss something cause I even called the next day and customer service had to fix my order and they said nothing about me ordering the 512GB and getting the 128 as my free one. They even said that's the better deal. I can see this being a issue cause I know I'm not the only one who did this.

Only thing I saw was the free one could only be the 128gb for them to pay otherwise the "free" one would still have 250 that would be paid over the 24months of the contract.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I hate that! I've had to tell reps "Don't open it". I told one it was going to be a gift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC