09-19-2018 05:03 PM
280 1234 ...
tools
    The prices at three are really good, really tempted. Sky mobile have some good offers too. I would get it now as this is an amazing phone but my contact still runs to December. Will likely wait until then.
    08-11-2018 03:49 AM
    The prices at three are really good, really tempted. Sky mobile have some good offers too. I would get it now as this is an amazing phone but my contact still runs to December. Will likely wait until then.
    Prices appear cheap,30 month contract though.
    Means you are paying £13/month for a 2GB SIM, very expensive. And no WiFi calling or volte.
    Keep looking at them for my Sims as had sky 20 years + , but they have not capitalised on tying in customers by subsidising the mobile arm.
    Shame.
    08-11-2018 03:57 AM
    FYI, if you pre-order from Samsung direct, go via TopCashback as they are giving 5% back on the price (5% appears to be before VAT) so I've got a cashback credit of £26.97. Every little helps as they say!
    evohicks, Kath1404 and jma78b like this.
    08-11-2018 04:09 AM
    Quick question for anybody that has pre ordered from Samsung UK.
    My confirmation email didn't display properly. The model name displayed as a placeholder.
    Only today did I get a chance to click the view online link.
    Turns out the one and only choice from Samsung UK is dual SIM. It doesn't mention this anywhere until your offer is placed.

This might be problematic for me as I would normally flash my providers fw to enable volte.

A call to Samsung UK confirms that dual only is available ATM with no date for single.

Anyone else notice this at order?
    I'm dithering at the samsung upgrade stage and on the website upgrade page now and on all the phones offered it does say dual sim.
    08-11-2018 06:58 AM
    Anyone used the samsung upgrade scheme? I got the Note 8 last year and love it. Can't decide if to upgrade or not as there doesn't seem a whole lot of difference apart from the S.pen and camera and storage and battery....ok there are a few :-) Only thing I'm tentative about is returning my note 8 as I had a bad experience when I did this with O2 for a trade in (they said camera lens was cracked (it was not when it left me) and knocked trade in price right down) My note 8 is pristine, no knocks, scratches or anything wrong. I just don't want it to happen again! Anybody had any issues like this with samsung?
    08-11-2018 07:04 AM
    I'm dithering at the samsung upgrade stage and on the website upgrade page now and on all the phones offered it does say dual sim.
    So, spoke with Samsung and I am still a little confused.
    They confirmed that they won't offer a single sim varient direct.
    The model I have ordered is noted as a dual SIM, but is confirmed by Samsung as a hybrid.
    The model number does not mention "FD" anywhere as all previous galaxy dual Sims.

I spoke with EE ( my current SIM provider and who's single sim fw I would normally flash to get volte )
    They say they will only offer a single sim version.

So either EE have slightly wrong info or there is a different version from Samsung Direct and the carriers.
    08-11-2018 07:25 AM
    Pre-ordered a 512GB/8GB Blue model through Carphonewarehouse as they're offering a decent trade in deal (£200 on top of the original trade in value).

I bought a Pixel 2 XL a few weeks back for £540 and CPW are offering £550 for the phone so getting the 512GB Note 9 in blue for £550 is a great deal.
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    08-11-2018 08:41 AM
    Gone for the 512GB/8GB Ocean Blue Direct from Samsung UK
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    08-11-2018 08:47 AM
    Gone for the 512GB/8GB Ocean Blue Direct from Samsung UK
    What provider do you use it with?
    Happy that there won't be VoLTE this time?
    08-11-2018 09:15 AM
    Yeah, I have an s8 with sky mobile just now. I'll likely just pay off the final months when I get to two years and upgrade then. 30 months is ok if the data is good and I'm building that up nicely with the rollover. I like that data in the piggybank can now be exchanged for discounts too.

Three are offering it to customers for £42 with 4gb data through so that may win out for me as it's better value. Need to wait through as last thing I need is another contract because I've been impatient.
    08-11-2018 09:43 AM
    Anyone used the samsung upgrade scheme? I got the Note 8 last year and love it. Can't decide if to upgrade or not as there doesn't seem a whole lot of difference apart from the S.pen and camera and storage and battery....ok there are a few :-) Only thing I'm tentative about is returning my note 8 as I had a bad experience when I did this with O2 for a trade in (they said camera lens was cracked (it was not when it left me) and knocked trade in price right down) My note 8 is pristine, no knocks, scratches or anything wrong. I just don't want it to happen again! Anybody had any issues like this with samsung?
    Hi, Kath, I remember you from the lead up to the Note 8 launch lol. I'm taking pictures of everything I can think of and running as many tests and screenshots as I can, it can only help and once it's all done with they can be deleted anyway.

So, spoke with Samsung and I am still a little confused.
    They confirmed that they won't offer a single sim varient direct.
    The model I have ordered is noted as a dual SIM, but is confirmed by Samsung as a hybrid.
    The model number does not mention "FD" anywhere as all previous galaxy dual Sims.

I spoke with EE ( my current SIM provider and who's single sim fw I would normally flash to get volte )
    They say they will only offer a single sim version.

So either EE have slightly wrong info or there is a different version from Samsung Direct and the carriers.
    As far as I was aware, the Note 9 direct from Samsung UK was a Hybrid (dual) Sim and other carriers/networks single Sim, but I could be wrong.
    I have Wi-Fi calling on my Note 8 after the July update (on August update now) and VoLTE using my BT Sim, I don't use a lot of Data these days because I have free Wi-Fi at work but the BT Sim works out to unlimited texts, Unlimited minutes and 2GB Data for £5 per month.
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    08-11-2018 10:15 AM
    Yes evohicks, I recall you! and a few other names on here, we must be keen phone owners :-)
    I had thought of videos of powering on and off and the phone itself. Suppose that's all you can do and hope everything goes smoothly. Good Luck
    08-11-2018 12:16 PM
    Hi, Kath, I remember you from the lead up to the Note 8 launch lol. I'm taking pictures of everything I can think of and running as many tests and screenshots as I can, it can only help and once it's all done with they can be deleted anyway.

As far as I was aware, the Note 9 direct from Samsung UK was a Hybrid (dual) Sim and other carriers/networks single Sim, but I could be wrong.
    I have Wi-Fi calling on my Note 8 after the July update (on August update now) and VoLTE using my BT Sim, I don't use a lot of Data these days because I have free Wi-Fi at work but the BT Sim works out to unlimited texts, Unlimited minutes and 2GB Data for £5 per month.
    Cool.
    Where did you find the info about direct from Samsung being hybrid only?
    This is correct it seems, but I can't recall seeing that info anywhere before release. Seems a very strange choice. I hope the FD dual SIM phones don't lag behind updates as they did historically.
    I know that many people managed to flash the single sim carrier fw onto the dual note 8 to enable VoLTE. Will wait and see if possible with the 9.
    08-11-2018 01:47 PM
    Cool.
    Where did you find the info about direct from Samsung being hybrid only?
    This is correct it seems, but I can't recall seeing that info anywhere before release. Seems a very strange choice. I hope the FD dual SIM phones don't lag behind updates as they did historically.
    I know that many people managed to flash the single sim carrier fw onto the dual note 8 to enable VoLTE. Will wait and see if possible with the 9.
    Can't remember now where I got that info, but I'm sure the hybrid SIM can't be that bad, j_hansen has a dual SIM Note 8 and I can't recall hearing any bad press but for updates, theoretically speaking, the unlocked phones have to be tested on all networks anyway so I can't see the updates being too far behind single SIM phones.
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    08-11-2018 02:08 PM
    Can't remember now where I got that info, but I'm sure the hybrid SIM can't be that bad, j_hansen has a dual SIM Note 8 and I can't recall hearing any bad press but for updates, theoretically speaking, the unlocked phones have to be tested on all networks anyway so I can't see the updates being too far behind single SIM phones.
    My only real concern is getting VoLTE working on any of the UK carriers.
    As said, I know of users that just flashed the single sim carrier fw to their FD dual note 8 versions to no determent.
    Apart from that not too bothered about it being hybrid.
    08-11-2018 02:30 PM
    I did indeed have the dual sim and was happy, Until it had that moisture in charging port error and had to be sent in for repair which was a MEGA pain dealing with Samsung support and only got sorted after I emailed the CEO office, it did get sorted and a friend owns it now and have had zero problems.
    Still enjoying my single sim Note 8 I got because they told me 10-12 repair time on the first one
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    08-11-2018 02:42 PM
    I did indeed have the dual sim and was happy, Until it had that moisture in charging port error and had to be sent in for repair which was a MEGA pain dealing with Samsung support and only got sorted after I emailed the CEO office, it did get sorted and a friend owns it now and have had zero problems.
    Still enjoying my single sim Note 8 I got because they told me 10-12 repair time on the first one
    Thanks for that mate.
    I guess my question is who was your carrier and did you manage to get volte and vowifi on it?
    Thanks
    Boss
    08-11-2018 02:51 PM
    Thanks for that mate.
    I guess my question is who was your carrier and did you manage to get volte and vowifi on it?
    Thanks
    Boss
    I am with Vodafone Ireland and volte was no problem, wifi calling still isn't offered here by Vodafone but if it was I could just have flashed the UK CSC, I did enable some stuff through ims settings though for RCS but it was easy enough anyway
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    08-11-2018 02:58 PM
    I am with Vodafone Ireland and volte was no problem, wifi calling still isn't offered here by Vodafone but if it was I could just have flashed the UK CSC, I did enable some stuff through ims settings though for RCS but it was easy enough anyway
    Thanks for the reply mate.

I guess I will wait and see if VoLTE either works out the box, or the single sim rom gets it working.

I use maps / Android auto whilst driving quite a lot and 4G whilst on the phone is important.

I will have the 14 days return to test it anyway.

I'm hoping it all just works with Samsung only offering the one option.
    08-12-2018 06:15 AM
    I hope they don't use UK Mail for deliveries this time, not impressed last time.
    08-12-2018 07:38 AM
    I hope they don't use UK Mail for deliveries this time, not impressed last time.
    UK Mail worked ok for me. Fortunately my wife was in at the time.
    08-12-2018 08:19 AM
    Those using upgrade scheme - is your order showing on my account on the website? When I click on my account in confirmation email, it takes me to the upgrade page again, asking for upgrade ref no 😏. I actually dislike the Samsung site for finding whats going on with orders!
    08-12-2018 10:24 AM
    I ended up going to the depot to collect last time. My choice though, couldn't wait
    08-12-2018 10:32 AM
    Zero issues with UK Mail here too; but it's a regular driver and he's delivered a lot to me in the past

It's sods law I won't be around for when they're delivered; so will collect them from reception at my offices when I'm back on Tues 28th
    08-12-2018 10:35 AM
    Those using upgrade scheme - is your order showing on my account on the website? When I click on my account in confirmation email, it takes me to the upgrade page again, asking for upgrade ref no ������. I actually dislike the Samsung site for finding whats going on with orders!
    It's a bit flakey at best that Samsung shop website, while I was finalising my order on Thursday evening/night the site crashed and was not back up until around Friday midday and I wasn't quite sure that what I had ordered had gone through.
    I actually phoned Samsung to cancel the order on Friday because I had no concrete info on what I had ordered, after going through the usual automated number system on their phone lines I finally got through to a person, who happened to be from the Philippines! I could not hear them properly, volume was so quiet and she was talking too fast so I phoned them again but got a similar response, I didn't have too much time as I was at work so I phoned them when I got home and I was advised to email them, which I did and finally got some info.....

In regards to your order that is currently not visible on your Samsung account, the reason why it is not yet showing is, it is currently under a pre-order stage. The Samsung Shop Website accounts will show the details of your pre-order once the delivery started on Thursday, 23rd of August, 2018. You may visit your Samsung account once that date comes to also access the progress of the delivery.

Apologies if you're worried about the missing order details, once the delivery started, we will make sure to give you the necessary details for your convenience.
    08-12-2018 10:37 AM
280 1234 ...