UK: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

ISPM

Aug 9, 2018
Visit site
Pre-ordered the Blue 128GB, upgrading from an S7 Edge, look forward to the better camera and S pen capabilities :)

ISPM

Aug 9, 2018
Visit site
Yeah I waited a long time, was going to go for the S9+ but decided to wait for this, this seems a bit better value for me as an upgrade from the S7E though, now I just need to find a good case and wait for the delivery :)

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a S7 work phone. I have had the S8, 8+ and N8 personally. The Note 8 has been an absolute best, best phone yet by a mile. Can't wait to try the 9.

ISPM

Aug 9, 2018
Visit site
Yeah my S7E works fine but it is slowing down, a factory reset would probably help as it has a lot of junk on it, I will list it on eBay towards N9 release date and I will most likely get more than what Samsung would give me as a trade-in so overall I will be getting the N9 for less than an S9+ but this will be my first Note phone so I am looking forward to it + its camera :)

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah my S7E works fine but it is slowing down, a factory reset would probably help as it has a lot of junk on it, I will list it on eBay towards N9 release date and I will most likely get more than what Samsung would give me as a trade-in so overall I will be getting the N9 for less than an S9+ but this will be my first Note phone so I am looking forward to it + its camera :)
Can't wait to see some of your shots on the Note 9 picture thread when it kicks off.

RustyFJ

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Is everyone pre-ordering from Samsung direct? I know they usually dispatch a lot earlier than their official release date. Has anyone had any previous experience of pre-ordering Samsung phones from Carphone Warehouse? Do they tend to ship early or only on release date?

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Is everyone pre-ordering from Samsung direct? I know they usually dispatch a lot earlier than their official release date. Has anyone had any previous experience of pre-ordering Samsung phones from Carphone Warehouse? Do they tend to ship early or only on release date?

Samsung UK direct usually ship on the dates they state, Note 8 last year was on time, not early, not late.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Quick question for anybody that has pre ordered from Samsung UK.
My confirmation email didn't display properly. The model name displayed as a placeholder.
Only today did I get a chance to click the view online link.
Turns out the one and only choice from Samsung UK is dual SIM. It doesn't mention this anywhere until your offer is placed.

This might be problematic for me as I would normally flash my providers fw to enable volte.

A call to Samsung UK confirms that dual only is available ATM with no date for single.

Anyone else notice this at order?

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Pre-ordered via O2 Business today :)

Should receive them on 24th they said (sods law I'm away, but they'll be signed for by reception at my office location)

Gone for the Blue 128GB one (512GB is massively overkill for my needs)

Going to go for the Unicorn Beetle rugged case with the built in screen protector to begin with and will review cases/tempered glass screen protectors thereafter

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Pre-ordered via O2 Business today :)

Should receive them on 24th they said (sods law I'm away, but they'll be signed for by reception at my office location)

Gone for the Blue 128GB one (512GB is massively overkill for my needs)

Going to go for the Unicorn Beetle rugged case with the built in screen protector to begin with and will review cases/tempered glass screen protectors thereafter
Nice one. What deal did you get via O2?

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Nice one. What deal did you get via O2?

Well I've been with O2 since Cellnet days; the deal I've got won't be offered publicly, more so as I work with them too re their their Digital teams, so there is a bit of 'scratch my back' involved :)

But I've got them with no deposit and c£60 a month with a stupidly large data allowance (it'll barely get scratched) and the usual unlimited everything else

One big reason to go for the Note 9 is that I'm I'm out & about with client and/or candidate meetings, dragging my iPad Pro 12.9" around can be a ball-ache; so the Note 9 will cover me if I need to show stuff to someone and it's the S Pen that'll come in handy for note taking (quicker for me to write it rather than type it into the iPad etc) :)

And I'm a gadget whoore ;) :D

RustyFJ

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Samsung UK direct usually ship on the dates they state, Note 8 last year was on time, not early, not late.

When I pre-ordered my S8+ last year it arrived earlier than expected. Maybe it was a one-off then. I'm sure I've read others post in the Samsung forums about receiving their devices early.

I've pre-ordered from Samsung now. The blue 128gb model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam