UK: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Can't remember now where I got that info, but I'm sure the hybrid SIM can't be that bad, j_hansen has a dual SIM Note 8 and I can't recall hearing any bad press :) but for updates, theoretically speaking, the unlocked phones have to be tested on all networks anyway so I can't see the updates being too far behind single SIM phones.

I did indeed have the dual sim and was happy, Until it had that moisture in charging port error and had to be sent in for repair which was a MEGA pain dealing with Samsung support and only got sorted after I emailed the CEO office, it did get sorted and a friend owns it now and have had zero problems.
Still enjoying my single sim Note 8 I got because they told me 10-12 repair time on the first one

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I did indeed have the dual sim and was happy, Until it had that moisture in charging port error and had to be sent in for repair which was a MEGA pain dealing with Samsung support and only got sorted after I emailed the CEO office, it did get sorted and a friend owns it now and have had zero problems.
Still enjoying my single sim Note 8 I got because they told me 10-12 repair time on the first one
Thanks for that mate.
I guess my question is who was your carrier and did you manage to get volte and vowifi on it?
Thanks
Boss

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that mate.
I guess my question is who was your carrier and did you manage to get volte and vowifi on it?
Thanks
Boss

I am with Vodafone Ireland and volte was no problem, wifi calling still isn't offered here by Vodafone but if it was I could just have flashed the UK CSC, I did enable some stuff through ims settings though for RCS but it was easy enough anyway

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I am with Vodafone Ireland and volte was no problem, wifi calling still isn't offered here by Vodafone but if it was I could just have flashed the UK CSC, I did enable some stuff through ims settings though for RCS but it was easy enough anyway
Thanks for the reply mate.

I guess I will wait and see if VoLTE either works out the box, or the single sim rom gets it working.

I use maps / Android auto whilst driving quite a lot and 4G whilst on the phone is important.

I will have the 14 days return to test it anyway.

I'm hoping it all just works with Samsung only offering the one option.

Kath1404

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Those using upgrade scheme - is your order showing on my account on the website? When I click on my account in confirmation email, it takes me to the upgrade page again, asking for upgrade ref no 😏. I actually dislike the Samsung site for finding whats going on with orders!

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Zero issues with UK Mail here too; but it's a regular driver and he's delivered a lot to me in the past

It's sods law I won't be around for when they're delivered; so will collect them from reception at my offices when I'm back on Tues 28th :-\

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Those using upgrade scheme - is your order showing on my account on the website? When I click on my account in confirmation email, it takes me to the upgrade page again, asking for upgrade ref no ������. I actually dislike the Samsung site for finding whats going on with orders!
It's a bit flakey at best that Samsung shop website, while I was finalising my order on Thursday evening/night the site crashed and was not back up until around Friday midday and I wasn't quite sure that what I had ordered had gone through.
I actually phoned Samsung to cancel the order on Friday because I had no concrete info on what I had ordered, after going through the usual automated number system on their phone lines I finally got through to a person, who happened to be from the Philippines! I could not hear them properly, volume was so quiet and she was talking too fast so I phoned them again but got a similar response, I didn't have too much time as I was at work so I phoned them when I got home and I was advised to email them, which I did and finally got some info.....

In regards to your order that is currently not visible on your Samsung account, the reason why it is not yet showing is, it is currently under a pre-order stage. The Samsung Shop Website accounts will show the details of your pre-order once the delivery started on Thursday, 23rd of August, 2018. You may visit your Samsung account once that date comes to also access the progress of the delivery.

Apologies if you're worried about the missing order details, once the delivery started, we will make sure to give you the necessary details for your convenience.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I ended up going to the depot to collect last time. My choice though, couldn't wait :)

I gave them my phone number to call me when they were within an hour or so from my delivery, but no call, I checked the UK mail tracking website around lunch time and the status was attempted delivery, so after numerous phone calls to their depot (which was around 70 miles away) I got the driver to meet me at my work!

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
mgbosshogg I also mentioned that a friend had got a £30 discount when pre ordering when I emailed Samsung shop, so they asked for my friends order number to see if he was a member of Samsung staff eligible for staff discount, I said we're friends but not that close lol

Kath1404

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
pretty rubbish that isn't it? If you've made an order it should be visible on your account. They are just creating more work for themselves with customer enquiries! I seem to remember similar to this happening last time. Just been on chat and they were no help whatsovever. Told me to ring or email.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
pretty rubbish that isn't it? If you've made an order it should be visible on your account. They are just creating more work for themselves with customer enquiries! I seem to remember similar to this happening last time. Just been on chat and they were no help whatsovever. Told me to ring or email.

Yeah, the online chat will not help at all with Samsung Shop orders!
I will say I ordered a case from Samsung shop just after ordering the phone and that was listed on my orders almost straight away, but not the phone, very strange.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
My order doesn't show up on my Samsung account either. Seem to remember my note 8 was the same. So only record ATM is the email from them.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone upgrading an an EE max plan that allows yearly upgrades? If so what price have you been quoted? Is the same as the tariffs for everyone else? I have my note 8 on a yearly upgrade with EE but this isn't due till the end of October so have to wait. Not completely sure whether to upgrade but I'm sure the itch will be enough that I will when the time comes!

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone upgrading an an EE max plan that allows yearly upgrades? If so what price have you been quoted? Is the same as the tariffs for everyone else? I have my note 8 on a yearly upgrade with EE but this isn't due till the end of October so have to wait. Not completely sure whether to upgrade but I'm sure the itch will be enough that I will when the time comes!
Sorry, I'm on EE but buy my phone's direct. Interested to see what price people are paying on MAX yearly upgrade plans though.

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a S9+ dual SIM hybrid. The extra SIM space can also take the memory card so either you have 1 SIM card and 1 memory card or 2 SIM cards and no memory card. I had a good play with the Note 9 on Saturday and the S pen is reason enough to get this phone. Plus it feels lighter than the Note 8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams