09-18-2018 10:38 AM
123 ... 2345
tools
    Any one use the tempered glass screen protector from Caseology yet? I got mine last week from the slickdeals from Amazon for a cool $1.20. I just was curious before I try to install it.
    Mine came in the mail today along with one of the cases I ordered. Waiting on my phone to arrive. Was wondering....if I install this is it going to be a PIA to remove to change to a different one down the line? I installed a glass screen protector on my Note 5 and it is still going strong and never needed to be replaced. It was full adhesion however.
    08-27-2018 12:45 PM
    Any one use the tempered glass screen protector from Caseology yet? I got mine last week from the slickdeals from Amazon for a cool $1.20. I just was curious before I try to install it.
    It fits nice and once you turn on screen sensitivity there's little issue there as well. I got 2 of them for free so it's hard to complain too much. Getting a knock off Whitestone one tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. It's half the price of Whitestone for a 2 pack. Otao is the brand I believe.
    Kilroy672 likes this.
    08-27-2018 09:55 PM
    Whoever has the Zagg Glass shield...can you see the tape lines on the edges of the screen protector? On the Note 8, I had a line going from top to bottom on both sides of the screen, these lines were the clear tape. Thanks
    08-29-2018 01:29 PM
    I had a zagg for my note 8 that cracked from being in my pocket. Not impressed. I got the whitestone last night for my 9 and while a bit putzy to install, I'm super happy with the end result.
    08-29-2018 02:04 PM
    Whoever has the Zagg Glass shield...can you see the tape lines on the edges of the screen protector? On the Note 8, I had a line going from top to bottom on both sides of the screen, these lines were the clear tape. Thanks
    Yes, you can see the clear lines along the sides but they are not the bad. Mine has a pretty bad rainbow/oil slick in the middle of the screen though.
    Lyall Demorrow likes this.
    08-29-2018 03:26 PM
    I've never used any screen protectors on the GS6 edge, GS7 edge or the Note 8, but I got one to test on the Note 9.
    Attachment 288251
    Ill read no more of this thread.. installed the above pictured protector and it is outstanding...
    08-29-2018 05:54 PM
    It fits nice and once you turn on screen sensitivity there's little issue there as well. I got 2 of them for free so it's hard to complain too much. Getting a knock off Whitestone one tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. It's half the price of Whitestone for a 2 pack. Otao is the brand I believe.
    Thanks. I'm going to try and put mine in tonight.
    08-29-2018 09:55 PM
    Ill read no more of this thread.. installed the above pictured protector and it is outstanding...
    Unsure which one you like? I have a Caseology but it isn’t installed yet. Just finished setting up phone that came today. I usually do the screen and case first.,,but didn’t this time.
    08-29-2018 10:10 PM
    Unsure which one you like? I have a Caseology but it isn’t installed yet. Just finished setting up phone that came today. I usually do the screen and case first.,,but didn’t this time.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU6326045
    08-30-2018 04:07 AM
    I installed this one and although it isn't the best, it still does the job it was designed for and until this one fails I'll keep it on there, or if whitestone has a sale on theirs. I got my caseology ones for free sonic can't complain.
    08-30-2018 04:25 AM
    never mind lol caseology screen protectors suck, I just looked down at my screen and it had dust under it that wasn't there when it was installed so I blew on it and the protector blew off the screen Haha. well that's what ya get when you get free stuff.
    will probably get a whitestone dome one now
    Jewels81 likes this.
    08-30-2018 11:12 AM
    OK I think that’s the one that I have though I only have a one pack I couldn’t get a second one on the deal. So hopefully I get it on later on first try I hope.
    08-30-2018 11:35 AM
    never mind lol caseology screen protectors suck, I just looked down at my screen and it had dust under it that wasn't there when it was installed so I blew on it and the protector blew off the screen Haha. well that's what ya get when you get free stuff.
    Sorry to laugh but lol. Dang that is messed up
    Borarjti likes this.
    08-30-2018 03:04 PM
    Put my screen protector on phone ...Caseology. I like it except one side on the curve has a little bit of haze to it. You can’t really notice that it is two little spots. Hopefully it’s not going to lift. I put a case on and you can’t tell. But I almost couldn’t get into my phone as it did affect the sensitivity. I have the password before the phone actually activate. It took me forever for my passcode to take. I have reset the sensitivity.
    08-30-2018 03:13 PM
    I got a zagg invisishield. I like it so far
    08-30-2018 04:07 PM
    Sorry to laugh but lol. Dang that is messed up
    I laughed out loud and then proceeded to peel it off and throw it away lol
    Now to get a whitestone dome one.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    08-30-2018 04:43 PM
    Funny... i'm guessing your instal skills may need improving or mine is magic.
    08-30-2018 06:20 PM
    Funny... i'm guessing your instal skills may need improving or mine is magic.
    Probably should have used heat to set it better. Lol
    08-30-2018 06:25 PM
    I laughed out loud and then proceeded to peel it off and throw it away lol
    Now to get a whitestone dome one.
    Lol I feel ya. I use the wet apply ones now days. I might try the whitestone dome one one day.
    08-30-2018 07:25 PM
    Ordered the Whitestone. Being delivered today.
    08-31-2018 04:40 PM
    Getting my blue 512 on Tuesday. I have a few cases and the amfilm ready. I’ve used amfilm on my Switch and s8+ and they worked well. Anyone using the amfilm on the Note 9? Looking for opinions and maybe installation tips.
    09-02-2018 08:45 PM
    Getting my blue 512 on Tuesday. I have a few cases and the amfilm ready. I’ve used amfilm on my Switch and s8+ and they worked well. Anyone using the amfilm on the Note 9? Looking for opinions and maybe installation tips.
    That's what I'm using as stated earlier in this thread

I sent the Whitestone Dome protectors back as they're £50 here in the UK and for me, the amFilm works perfectly and it's hell of a lot cheaper to have 2 of these, one as a spare, for just in case etc

Installation is easy; but my advice is do it right after you've taken the OEM protector off so there's little dust residue there; clean that off and lay the amFilm down and that's it done.

I don't use their plastic outer template; just line the speaker hole up at the top and lay it down carefully etc

Press all around the edges to get decent adhesion and that's it done

Works perfectly with my Spigen Neo Hybrid cases and the Ringke Fusion X case I got too
    bleedingwickedly likes this.
    09-03-2018 03:01 AM
    That's what I'm using as stated earlier in this thread

I sent the Whitestone Dome protectors back as they're £50 here in the UK and for me, the amFilm works perfectly and it's hell of a lot cheaper to have 2 of these, one as a spare, for just in case etc

Installation is easy; but my advice is do it right after you've taken the OEM protector off so there's little dust residue there; clean that off and lay the amFilm down and that's it done.

I don't use their plastic outer template; just line the speaker hole up at the top and lay it down carefully etc

Press all around the edges to get decent adhesion and that's it done

Works perfectly with my Spigen Neo Hybrid cases and the Ringke Fusion X case I got too
    Thanks Dan. I’m planning to install before I even do the set up. This is my first Note so I’m excited. I’ve been a regular Galaxy S user up until now. I have a few cases, not sure of the names. But I’m happy to hear yours is working well with your cases. I believe I have Ringke Fusion X, Caseology Skyfall, Youmaker?, and Tekcoo?. The last two I’m not to familiar with. I’ve seen a few cases on here that look amazing. Speck Presidio Grip looks better in user photos then the stock photos. Don’t have to go overboard on cases until after I receive the phone.
    09-03-2018 08:53 AM
    Thanks Dan. I’m planning to install before I even do the set up. This is my first Note so I’m excited. I’ve been a regular Galaxy S user up until now. I have a few cases, not sure of the names. But I’m happy to hear yours is working well with your cases. I believe I have Ringke Fusion X, Caseology Skyfall, Youmaker?, and Tekcoo?. The last two I’m not to familiar with. I’ve seen a few cases on here that look amazing. Speck Presidio Grip looks better in user photos then the stock photos. Don’t have to go overboard on cases until after I receive the phone.
    The amFilm worked really well with a previous S8 Plus and then a Note 8; so I stuck with better the devil you know etc

Some folk don't like them; say they interfere with the screen sensitivity; I've never had issues but then again I am heavy handed etc

The Caseology case I received and sent it back to Amazon; it's crap

The Spigen and Ringke cases I really like, so kept those etc
    09-03-2018 09:06 AM
    +1 for the Whitestone. Just applied mine after watching Flossy's video. Went on perfectly and looks / responds great!
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    09-03-2018 01:33 PM
123 ... 2345