Cheapest way to get the 512GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
No. You'll get it if it passes their tests, but I see way too many complaints of not getting the full value despite being a good phone. If you don't pass their test, you'll get $25 for it. Read the fine print, they don't give you an option to have your phone returned to you, you're at their mercy. While that may also hold true with other retailers/carriers, there doesn't seem to be many complaints about them screwing people around with trades. I'd suggest doing some research on past direct Samsung trade in experiences before making up your mind.

I don't know. The phone turns on and has no cracked screen. No water damage. It does have minor scratches. It also has some minor image retention. I'd just hate to send it in and get only $25 for it.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
No, I guess you've never felt what it's like to not be able to buy something you really want. Nevermind.

Oh I have. Just this phone is crazy in price though and I phone swap a lot. This will end me from doing that as I don't want to keep spending $1k every few months any more to switch phones. I just don't want to see you get in debt. Been there done that.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Sometimes you have to be thankful with what you've got....I heard a great saying years ago that has stuck in my brain (unlike lots of stuff). It goes - I cried because I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet.

Great saying! The deal is here...you don't "Need" that phone, but you "Want" it. You have a phone that works currently I am sure. Wait till the prices drop, you don't have to be the first to get it. :)

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Really? I didn't see that as an option. And am I guaranteed to get $400 for my S8?

I heard Best Buy is giving an Extra $50 for trade ins. May want to check their too. And they look at it right there in the store, and give you a gift card and you can put that on your purchase right then for the new Note.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh I have. Just this phone is crazy in price though and I phone swap a lot. This will end me from doing that as I don't want to keep spending $1k every few months any more to switch phones. I just don't want to see you get in debt. Been there done that.

Oh I have the money, I just don't want a good chunk of it going to one item.

Last edited:

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Like everyone, I'm trying to get this phone for the cheapest price. I can't afford it outright, so financing it is my only option. Samsung (TD Bank) won't finance. Verizon is offering only $216 for my S8. Best Buy doesn't have the 512GB version. Help?!
If you qualify for Verizon financing you can order it through Samsung and do the trade-in. You'll get 400 off instantly which brings the price down to 850.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note

Whoa cleaned up some of the toxic posts. We all want our phones -- let's chill a minute. No need to go at each other for no reason :).

theurbantwist

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if your question has been answered but go to Samsung.com and preorder. They're giving $400 trade-in value for the 8. I got $300 for my 7, which is why I went with them and you still can sign up with Verizon's device payment program.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

was clicking randomly and showed up to this thread.thought you were an a55.but turns out youre sharing your experience.i too have been in debt because of gadgets...

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
This is for the 128GB only. I had to read the five print to be disappointed.
You can buy a 512 and get the 128 free or 2 512's and pay the difference after 1,000. Nothing new the BOGO promotions usually only covering getting the base model phones for free.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
This is one of those unconventional ways but some people may have access so...

If you work for a company that has a large number of phones deployed and a corporate account with a carrier, see if they are willing to use one of their lines to upgrade at their cost.

Carriers still offer subsidized pricing to companies (2-year contract) and for many companies the keep lines for years but don't don't upgrade phones yearly.

Last year at release, I got my boss to let me use an upgrade and pre-order the Note 8... $450 I believe and was even eligible for the free SD card and charge pad. At that price, it was worth it for me.

I have no desire to upgrade this year but I'm curious what the carriers will be selling them for so maybe I'll check.

Like everyone, I'm trying to get this phone for the cheapest price. I can't afford it outright, so financing it is my only option. Samsung (TD Bank) won't finance. Verizon is offering only $216 for my S8. Best Buy doesn't have the 512GB version. Help?!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I din't track Samsung sales anymore, but maybe they have a slash price around Black Friday time? Perhaps Ambassadors @SpookDroid or @[FONT=&quot][/FONT]STARGATE might be able to answer this? You might have to consider upgrading at Best Buy or something?

I think you can force adopted storage on Samsung's via ADB commands.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
From my companies Verizon rep... really steep for corp pricing compared to iPhones and other Androids.

We are selling the Note 9 512 GB for $749.99 on a 2 year contract or device payment for $52.15 a month. The 128 GB is $499.99 on a 2 year contract or $41.81 a month on the device payment plan.

This is one of those unconventional ways but some people may have access so...

If you work for a company that has a large number of phones deployed and a corporate account with a carrier, see if they are willing to use one of their lines to upgrade at their cost.

Carriers still offer subsidized pricing to companies (2-year contract) and for many companies the keep lines for years but don't don't upgrade phones yearly.

Last year at release, I got my boss to let me use an upgrade and pre-order the Note 8... $450 I believe and was even eligible for the free SD card and charge pad. At that price, it was worth it for me.

I have no desire to upgrade this year but I'm curious what the carriers will be selling them for so maybe I'll check.

Status
Not open for further replies.