Cheapest way to get the 512GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Like everyone, I'm trying to get this phone for the cheapest price. I can't afford it outright, so financing it is my only option. Samsung (TD Bank) won't finance. Verizon is offering only $216 for my S8. Best Buy doesn't have the 512GB version. Help?!

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
The way I see it, if you can't pay for it out right, you shouldn't be buying that much of a phone. I paid for mine outright.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The way I see it, if you can't pay for it out right, you shouldn't be buying that much of a phone. I paid for mine outright.
I agree, but unfortunately many of the deals require some sort of payment plan. If I have the ability to buy outright, but can save a decent amount overall with a payment plan (I.e. Verizon's BOGO offer), then I'll take a payment plan. Gotta pick what works best for you.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Last I checked, Vehicles are not a luxury item unless you get high end vehicles and are needed to you to work. A high end smart phone is a luxury item. Your comparison isn't good. Plus vehicles cost 10x more than a phone.

Either way, still stands. If you are trying to find the cheapest way to afford it, maybe you shouldn't be getting it in the first place. Get the Note 8 now that it will drop in price.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
No, I guess you've never felt what it's like to not be able to buy something you really want. Nevermind.

Last edited:

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Last I checked, Vehicles are not a luxury item unless you get high end vehicles and are needed to you to work. A high end smart phone is a luxury item. Your comparison isn't good. Plus vehicles cost 10x more than a phone.

Either way, still stands. If you are trying to find the cheapest way to afford it, maybe you shouldn't be getting it in the first place. Get the Note 8 now that it will drop in price.

Actually a vehicle is indeed a luxury item even if it a necessity of life

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy doesn't have the 512GB version. Help?!

I just checked their site and it shows the 512 GB version as coming soon. I know the regular version showed that at first too, and it's now available. So maybe that means the 512's will be updated for pre-order too. But you don't have too pre-order. You can also wait until it's out and just get it then.

Aside from that, most places are likely going to have the same or very similar pricing. The biggest differences are usually based on ancillary offers. Trade in's, BOGO, accessory packages, etc. For the phone itself, you're pretty much looking at MSRP across the board.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. It just sucks to see others getting an item you want and can't have. I'll be living through everyone else as they get theirs.

Last edited:

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. It just sucks to see others getting an item you want and can't have. I'll be living through everyone as they get theirs.
Sometimes you have to be thankful with what you've got....I heard a great saying years ago that has stuck in my brain (unlike lots of stuff). It goes - I cried because I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes you have to be thankful with what you've got....I heard a great saying years ago that has stuck in my brain (unlike lots of stuff). It goes - I cried because I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet.

Thank you for this. There are more important things in this world/life than a phone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
And am I guaranteed to get $400 for my S8?

No. You'll get it if it passes their tests, but I see way too many complaints of not getting the full value despite being a good phone. If you don't pass their test, you'll get $25 for it. Read the fine print, they don't give you an option to have your phone returned to you, you're at their mercy. While that may also hold true with other retailers/carriers, there doesn't seem to be many complaints about them screwing people around with trades. I'd suggest doing some research on past direct Samsung trade in experiences before making up your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969