I'm worried there might be a delay with the 512GB Note 9's

Status
Not open for further replies.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Samsung is famous for crap like this. The 128GB will arrive on time but I'm a little worried about the 512GB Phones being delayed.

Not a single YouTube Head had or seen the 512GB at unpacked.

Just hope thy don't show up MIA on launch day.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Samsung is famous for crap like this. The 128GB will arrive on time but I'm a little worried about the 512GB Phones being delayed.

I'm not worried. I'm sure they learned and made enough. But if it does happen...I got my wonderful note8 to hold me over😁

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Nah it's a review unit they aren't going to hand out the 512 GB units. I'm pretty sure there won't be any delays since pretty much everyone is taking pre orders of both 128 and 512.

If that was the case they would have clearly told that it won't be available immediately. Think about it, why would Samsung not want to ship the 512 GB version at launch? They are charging $250 more and they don't want to **** off those customers and end up with a bunch of cancelled orders.

It should be good to go.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I said the same thing. I am thinking Samsung assumed the cheaper version would sell better and concentrate on producing those. I also read somewhere on these posts before the announcement that the United States might not see the 512 version sighting possible supply issues.

I ordered at 2:30 the morning of preorder, so I think I should be ok.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

Interesting thought. You never know. But since the basic experience won't be that much different then the Note 8 that is in my hand, it won't be that big a deal for me.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Nah it's a review unit they aren't going to hand out the 512 GB units. I'm pretty sure there won't be any delays since pretty much everyone is taking pre orders of both 128 and 512.

If that was the case they would have clearly told that it won't be available immediately. Think about it, why would Samsung not want to ship the 512 GB version at launch? They are charging $250 more and they don't want to **** off those customers and end up with a bunch of cancelled orders.

It should be good to go.
If I'm reading right, best buy people are saying the 512 model order button pops up a enter your email box, we'll let you know when it's available.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I said the same thing. I am thinking Samsung assumed the cheaper version would sell better and concentrate on producing those. I also read somewhere on these posts before the announcement that the United States might not see the 512 version sighting possible supply issues.

I ordered at 2:30 the morning of preorder, so I think I should be ok.

Lol yeah I had to wait til 3am to preorder thru Verizon. But it's all good tho.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Probably they sold out of the 512 GB initial stock based on Samsung estimates to them? I have seen that happen with best buy for other launches for particular models. Samsung, Amazon, B&H, carriers all taking 512 GB orders with the same launch date of 24th so I'm not worried one bit.
If I'm reading right, best buy people are saying the 512 model order button pops up a enter your email box, we'll let you know when it's available.

Broken Vet

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site

Don't get me all stressed, I'll have to drive to a dispensary.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

People didn't want to spend $1,149 on the 256GB iPhone X last year. I don't think we'll have to worry about people spending $1,249 on the 512GB Note9 (except the diehards, of course).

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

My country is getting 512gb straight, no one will be getting 128gb for the first batch. So should not be delayed I guess

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Probably they sold out of the 512 GB initial stock based on Samsung estimates to them? I have seen that happen with best buy for other launches for particular models. Samsung, Amazon, B&H, carriers all taking 512 GB orders with the same launch date of 24th so I'm not worried one bit.

Hmm that’s odd because if you order directly from Samsung the date shows shipping 9/12 for the 512 gb pre order ATT , unlocked, and TMobile. I stopped testing after those three.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hmm that’s odd because if you order directly from Samsung the date shows shipping 9/12 for the 512 gb pre order ATT , unlocked, and TMobile. I stopped testing after those three.

Probably they are sold out as well now, it was delivery by 8/24 when the pre orders opened and even the next day of pre orders. Looks like now they are slipping back. I tried to see now for 512 GB unlocked and says ships week of August 26th. So looks like if you place order for certain models now you won't be getting on launch day.

05ce48d8108fb5e7985b57a730134545.png

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Probably they are sold out as well now, it was delivery by 8/24 when the pre orders opened and even the next day of pre orders. Looks like now they are slipping back. I tried to see now for 512 GB unlocked and says ships week of August 26th. So looks like if you place order for certain models now you won't be getting on launch day.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180813/05ce48d8108fb5e7985b57a730134545.png

Well if the 512gb version gets delayed this forum is going to get pretty busy lol. Guess we will see. Did you order on the 10th? Sorry if you already said it. I did at around 3am cause that is when Verizon started doing preoder

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
People didn't want to spend $1,149 on the 256GB iPhone X last year. I don't think we'll have to worry about people spending $1,249 on the 512GB Note9 (except the diehards, of course).
This is what I've been saying from the beginning, Samsung is going to probably assume the cheaper one is going to sell more and they will produce more 128 versions.

Samsung and best buy are already showing future ship dates. I think Samsung might have underestimated the 512 preorder demand. This is why i got up early on preorder day and ordered.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
This is what I've been saying from the beginning, Samsung is going to probably assume the cheaper one is going to sell more and they will produce more 128 versions.

Samsung and best buy are already showing future ship dates. I think Samsung might have underestimated the 512 preorder demand. This is why i got up early on preorder day and ordered.

There was no question in my mind as to your first point. The timestamp on my order, via Verizon's email, reflects 3:04 AM EDST. The actual order was concluded before 3:02:45 AM EDST (I looked at my Gear S3). I'm not expecting any bumps in the road but as there're no guarantees in life, well then, anything is possible. I just hope they didn't broadly 'overbook' The 512 and that no one, with a valid order, gets left out in the cold.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
There was no question in my mind as to your first point. The timestamp on my order, via Verizon's email, reflects 3:04 AM EDST. The actual order was concluded before 3:02:45 AM EDST (I looked at my Gear S3). I'm not expecting any bumps in the road but as there're no guarantees in life, well then, anything is possible. I just hope they didn't broadly 'overbook' The 512 and that no one, with a valid order, gets left out in the cold.
My order went in at 2:30 in the morning, Central Time. I'm on Verizon and they have you validate your card, mine wouldn't validate, so i had to call the credit card company to have them allow it, so that slowed me down. Felt dumb calling at 2 in the morning to validate a charge for a phone, LoL

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
My order went in at 2:30 in the morning, Central Time. I'm on Verizon and they have you validate your card, mine wouldn't validate, so i had to call the credit card company to have them allow it, so that slowed me down. Felt dumb calling at 2 in the morning to validate a charge for a phone, LoL

Always better safe than sorry. I receive those sorts of calls from time-to-time. Once, in May of '09, buying a used car for my brother, I submitted a debit card transaction just under the magical $10k threshold. The transaction processed (to everyone's amazement) without a hitch and I never heard a word from the bank. I believe that we'll get our phones as planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac