10-01-2018 08:31 AM
62 123
tools
    I don't have the note, as you know, so I guess you just need validation. It's okay to get the note, with the same processor and ram and os as the s9 plus irregardless of the release date, if you want one.
    Read my post, Ive never told someone what they need or shouldn't buy. Neither should you.
    I personally don't need it, but if I did, it would be the 512gig model to get a tangible upgrade aside from a quarter inch and the spen.
    Well then it begs the question. Why did you come into the Note 9 forum to post in this thread in the first place and question the need for it over the s9/+.
    08-18-2018 11:53 PM
    So, if I pick up an Note8 or N9 stylus, would I be able to use it on my S7E?
    It won't. The S Pen works on a Note device because there's a second special digitizer on the Note phones (which adds to why it's more expensive). It emits an electric field that the S Pen detects and powers it up allowing it to work. The digitizers on standard capacitive screens are incapable of detecting items under a certain size, which is why most capacitive styli are like crayons.

There's also no reason for the Note 8 S Pen to not work with the Note 9. Even if you take a Note 1 SPen it will probably most likely work. The only new thing on the Note 9 S Pen is the bluetooth connection and the power for it so it can be used as a clicker remote. The rest of the functionality has not changed anyway.
    debdroid1a, Dngrsone and ladyc0524 like this.
    08-19-2018 02:17 AM
    I just ordered the Note 9.
    When I got the Note 8 six months ago I said I wouldn't upgrade... Well that didn't last

I had to get the blue one. Only one in offer with Vodafone. Oh well it will have a case anyway.

Oh yes I'll need at least two of those
    More to add to the pile in the drawer.

08-19-2018 04:06 PM
    There's also no reason for the Note 8 S Pen to not work with the Note 9. Even if you take a Note 1 SPen it will probably most likely work. The only new thing on the Note 9 S Pen is the bluetooth connection and the power for it so it can be used as a clicker remote. The rest of the functionality has not changed anyway.
    I have confirmed that older S Pens I have (1 from my Note 3 and a spare Note 5 one I found) both work with the Note 9 screen. However, it may be better with S Pens from newer models as the pressure sensititivity was upgraded in later models.
    08-23-2018 05:53 PM
    Mod Note: Cleaned some posts. Please discuss the topic and not each other. Remember, we are all allowed to participate in the forums. Thank you!
    08-23-2018 06:48 PM
    Makes me kind of regret I didn’t keep the stylus when going through the Note 7 fiasco. Only remembered to save the earphones.
    08-23-2018 06:58 PM
    the note 5 pen writes on a note 8, didn't think to try it on my 9.
    08-26-2018 08:49 PM
    the note 5 pen writes on a note 8, didn't think to try it on my 9.
    Any pen using Wacom technology should work as they all use the same tech. So you could even buy a professional Wacom pen and use it on your Note phone. It just won't fit in the phone and will not have the Bluetooth capability.
    Cary Quinn likes this.
    08-26-2018 11:51 PM
    Any pen using Wacom technology should work as they all use the same tech....
    I have all of my S Pens from every Note (including several spares), going back to the N3. Also from my two tablets (Notes 10.1 and 12.2). They all work on each device (except the fit in the phone & now BT of course). I keep several in a small glass on my desk to grab while there so I don't have to take mine out of the phone and chance walking away without it.

The nibs are interchangeable as well. When we got the N7's, I loved the finer nibs so much more that I bought a few spare pens and replaced the nibs in all my Note Phone S Pens (the phones are all still in use (except my very missed N7!)) with various family members.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    08-27-2018 07:54 AM
    I have all of my S Pens from every Note (including several spares), going back to the N3. Also from my two tablets (Notes 10.1 and 12.2). They all work on each device (except the fit in the phone & now BT of course). I keep several in a small glass on my desk to grab while there so I don't have to take mine out of the phone and chance walking away without it.

The nibs are interchangeable as well. When we got the N7's, I loved the finer nibs so much more that I bought a few spare pens and replaced the nibs in all my Note Phone S Pens (the phones are all still in use (except my very missed N7!)) with various family members.
    When I had a Wacom powered HP convertible tablet back in school, I replaced the nib with one from the selection of nibs (came with more than a dozen and several different types) that came with a professional Wacom pad my (now) ex-gf had. It was spring loaded so it felt really smooth. I would love to see something like that available for the Spen. I kept a spare stylus for the laptop as well in case I forgot the other one. Saved my butt a handful of times.
    sandra_17 likes this.
    08-27-2018 11:02 PM
    Does it write in the default color of your phone? Or can you change the color?
    10-01-2018 07:43 AM
    I love the Note 9 stylus and I still use it on the go, but for longer note taking sessions or if I'm curled up on my couch I still love my Staedler Pencil Stylus. It works great and is so comfortable to hold. I can't believe it has doubled in price since I bought mine, so I imagine it's popular with others, too. I will also use my Samsung Galaxy Book stylus from time to time since it's easier to hold.

I do miss the days of the touch stylus that I had on my old Axim x51v. It was a pen, pencil, and stylus in one. That particular pen got me through 2 years of college and many notes taken on my Axim. Every once in awhile I miss the non-capacative touch screen on that PDA.

Also, the color is not decided by the pen. Your ink color will be the same no matter which WACOM device you are using. Though, it would be strangely satisfying to get a WACOM 64-pack just like the old Crayola crayons. I would totally dig it.

http://a.co/d/bZLPJCZ
    amyf27 and kevinpleasants like this.
    10-01-2018 08:31 AM
62 123