Anyone else order both the galaxy watch and the note 9?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I was playing with both the 46mm gear S3 and 43mm gear sport at best buy and felt more comfortable with the smaller one. So I cancelled the 46mm Galaxy watch and pre ordered the 42mm one. Only concern is the reduced battery life because the battery size is only 270 mAh compared to 470 mAh on the the 46mm. Hopefully at least it'll last full day with always on display turned on and medium usage. I know Samsung says 4 days or whatever, but that's probably on light use with pretty much every feature turned off.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes you get Dex Pad and the new wireless charger duo for free in addition to AKG headphones or Fortnite thing when ordering unlocked model from Amazon or B&H. If you go B&H, you will also have no sales tax if you are outside NY. But I went with Amazon since I generally shop there a lot and have better customer service.
Did Amazon offer any special perks ordering it through them

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes you get the free Dex Pad and the new wireless charger duo in addition to AKG headphones or Fortnite thing when ordering unlocked model from Amazon or B&H. If you go B&H, you will also have no sales tax if you are outside NY. But I went with Amazon since I generally shop there a lot and have better customer service.
Amazon is great

EddCentral

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
Short answers: YES, Galaxy Note 9; NO, Galaxy Watch; and YES, Galaxy Tab S4

I choose not to pay more money for less stuff and less choices. I ordered when the Galaxy Watch was available for pre-order, but cancelled once I verified there is NO MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission), also NO BLACK and NO ROSE GOLD watch in 46mm. The 42mm is too small for my wrist. The Silver looks like it was piecemealed from extra parts: We have all these silver bodies left over and all these black dials leftover, let's make a watch out of them. If you want a really good watch purchase the Gear S3 before they run out.

The Gear S3; which is 46mm, is still a terrific watch. I have AOD (Always On Display) on all the time and the watch lasts the entire day, usually ending my 17-18 hours day with 34-42% battery life. The Gear S3's MST works great on magnetic card readers when I am using non-Samsung phones. I do like to try out different phones and Samsung phones are the only phones that provide MST. I love my Gear S3, will wait and see if anything great comes out, and if not, then that's my last smartwatch.

Samsung seems to be the only ones who know how to make smartwatches. Apple Watches are horrible block of crap on my wrist that does not even resemble a watch, software is lousy, I do not need to make a statement I am wearing Apple or advertise for them, and I just don't like Wear OS watches, I never could get Google Pay to work on them, software is confusing.

I hope I am not disappointed with Galaxy Tab S4 not having a fingerprint reader. Face and Iris recognition better work extremely well because the fingerprint reader on the Tab S3 is really fast and accurate. I am looking forward to DEX on a tablet, main reason for buying and an inch larger screen.

Someone mentioned AirPods as earphones, they are crap. OnePlus Wireless Bullets are awesome sounding for $79. They last long and sound great! They are sold out most of the time so you have to keep trying.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I’m debating on it. Would have to sell my iPhone X and Apple Watch and AirPods to cover it. Can’t decide between Amazon or B&H because I want those freebies. I’ve purchased a lot of stuff from B&H and never had an issue. I do wish we had the black Note 9 here in the States, though.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
has anyone seen any evidence of the galaxy watch working for people with sleeve tattoos. had to put bandaids on the back of the gear s3s to get the always on display to work.

Gruffdogg

Aug 16, 2018
Visit site
This is one Lame *** CHEAP expensive *** watch.. instead of trying to add gizmos to it they should figure out how to have the battery life last more than a damn day. What's the use of paying those high ads prices when you cant get any usage TIME on these whack *** watches..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463