Battery looks Promising! (VS Video)

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see more comparisons. Not buying the P20 pro having worst battery life when it has a smaller screen and 1080p display.

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Does this take into account battery degradation? Unless all 5 of those phones have the same or similar battery cycles when they started, is it really an accurate test? Most of those phones are months+ old.

ch5220

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
He mentions the battery degradation somewhere in the middle of the video, and says he uses new phones for that reason.

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Does this take into account battery degradation? Unless all 5 of those phones have the same or similar battery cycles when they started, is it really an accurate test? Most of those phones are months+ old.

If you watch the video, he says that each of these devices have <50 cycles.

Edit: Oops, just saw this was already answered.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Video looks good for sure.

I have to just interrupt to bring a sidebar though - Its just amazing to me that 3 out of the 5 phones here have that ridiculous notch. Of those 3 devices, 1 of them is there because I guess it has to be (or so we're told), the other two (from two different companies) are there because someone said "Apple has a notch...."

I've never seen other companies copy someone else's design flaw like this before.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Impressive, yes. Hopefully we’ll see more varying battery tests soon too. I’d be interested in standby time and it’s effect on battery life on the N9 very much as well.

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I'm hoping the 512 is more efficient and lasts even longer. Been sweet if they had an insane 5000mah in the higher end model. I can dream.. But that would of been a bomb basically if it ever blew lol

Thefalcon93

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Note 9 battery life is looking decent, as expected. I was hoping for better but it is still going to be a welcome change over the Note 8.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Why didn't Samsung go with the latest version of quick charge?

Most of the tech sites are saying it charges to full in about 1 hr 40 min. That seems pretty good for a 4000 mah battery.

There are lots of battery "experts" around here that might weigh in, but IMO they kept the same charger:
(1) because it is safe and known (Note 7 still on their minds)
(2) Because it still charges relatively fast (faster than my 2 XL now)
(3) Because - maybe - the newer versions that charge faster may degrade the battery faster over time? Again this may not be true, and the battery evangelists will jump all over this if it's not correct.

This charge rate is fine by me honestly, if these times are accurate.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Nice!! Not surprising from SD 710 (Vivo NEX) to be first which has same battery size 4000 mAh, can easily see some budget sub $500 with that processor and monster battery going for days

But I need my fix of highest available spec and impressive from Note 8 as well. Should be an easy all day battery phone without charging. Will come handy while traveling.
Another battery test just went up.

https://youtu.be/Z_088nkvUUo

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Most of the tech sites are saying it charges to full in about 1 hr 40 min. That seems pretty good for a 4000 mah battery.

There are lots of battery "experts" around here that might weigh in, but IMO they kept the same charger:
(1) because it is safe and known (Note 7 still on their minds)
(2) Because it still charges relatively fast (faster than my 2 XL now)
(3) Because - maybe - the newer versions that charge faster may degrade the battery faster over time? Again this may not be true, and the battery evangelists will jump all over this if it's not correct.

This charge rate is fine by me honestly, if these times are accurate.
The tests still seem pointless for reference unless listing the chipset.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The tests still seem pointless for reference unless listing the chipset.

?? This has to do with charging times, not now long it lasts ..

p.s. certainly the chipset matters, but it's one of many factors. All the other factors are identical, so I would say the other (battery run-down) tests are not definitive, but I wouldn't say pointless. In any case we were speaking of quick charging, and how long it takes to charge. I would bet anything the chipset will make little difference in that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith