Note 9 battery test vs other

stuckingoo

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe in these tests. I remember reading a number of tests comparing the iPhone Plus phones with Android flagships and the Android usually came out ahead. Since I flip back and forth between platforms I know that the iPhone Plus had considerably better battery life. What isn't/can't be tested is stand by time and just typical daily use.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I would also question the wear and tear on the other batteries vs the brand new Note9. While all still fairly new, some of those batteries could have a good 6 months of use on them already. Shouldn't make much difference, but could make some.

Thefalcon93

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
He said he uses newer phones for that reason. And looking back the P20 Pro lasted about the same as it did in this test. So it is consistent.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I have no doubt the battery will be excellent. But everyone's usage is different. The biggest battery drain is tower signals. you'll get people that say the battery life is trash and then get people who love it. Best to just go off your experience.

Last edited:

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Sure it doesn't mean anything on it's own without other tests, but it's still nice to see. Awaiting more tests, and actual user experiences ..

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have no doubt the battery will be excellent. But everyone's usage is different. The biggest battery drain is tower signals. you'll get people that say the battery life is trash and then get people who live it. Best to just go off your experience.

Very true. Anytime someone posts "xyz" amount of on screen time, etc, I always ask (1) how strong is your signal and (2) what is your display brightness set at.

While lots of things affect battery life, these 2 things can make the same phone's battery life vary wildly depending on those variables.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
yes its very true and every user will have different results ...But this test is done in same condition for all the phones....just shows that even a Huawei p20 pro with same amount of battery smaller screen and less resolution can't beat the Note 9...I thought p20 pro would last the most...soo far Iam impressed with the battery life...as he mention Samsung has tweaked the software for better battery result .. I mainly switched from Note 8 to S9+ for battery life...Now Note 9 is tempting thou size is bigger...I have pre booked mine 128gb version OCEAN blue color...iam in India soo will have exynos dual sim version...I have 128gb card in my S9+ which I will put in Note 9...we are getting gear sport smart watch for 5k if we pre book and 6k cash back...as I already have Fossil Q explorist Gen 3 I will sell the gear sport

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Not last year. The Exynos 9+ had about one hour less battery life and was underclocked. Plenty of time for tweaks though.