I tried to preorder a note 9 on the samsung shop just now trading in my note 8 and when I select the device payment with verizon, it says I have no lines available for upgrade however my phone is paid off...

Anyone have any thoughts?
    08-16-2018 07:46 PM
    Call Verizon and make sure their site updated so your imei is clear
    08-16-2018 07:56 PM
    I paid it off early this morning and if I try to upgrade through the verizon website it will work but I would rather have the 400 trade in from Samsung
    08-16-2018 07:58 PM
    and to top it off out of 512gbs for verizon in blue, maybe it's just an omen to not get it
    08-16-2018 08:04 PM
    I paid it off early this morning and if I try to upgrade through the verizon website it will work but I would rather have the 400 trade in from Samsung
    Takes 24 hours for the system to be up to date. Try tomorrow.
    bigpapa7272 likes this.
    08-16-2018 08:11 PM
    So Samsung's system is 24 hours behind Verizon??

Well if that's the case I'm only half bummed.

Sucks that if want a 512 on release day I have to get girly purple
    08-16-2018 08:23 PM
    So Samsung's system is 24 hours behind Verizon??

Well if that's the case I'm only half bummed.

Sucks that if want a 512 on release day I have to get girly purple
    You pay off Verizon in the morning, Verizon still has to tell Samsung you've paid it off. Samsung still has to update the data for the next refresh. The refresh still has to happen.

Things like this, especially when updating info between two companies, isn't instant.
    08-16-2018 08:26 PM
    seriously if best buy has the technology to do then samsung should have it
    08-16-2018 09:58 PM
    seriously if best buy has the technology to do then samsung should have it
    If Best Buy can do it, then don't you think Samsung isn't to blame here but Verizon? Pay at Best Buy, Samsung is informed immediately and you can trade in. Pay at Verizon, wait twenty four hours.
    It's not a matter of technology. It's a matter of company protocol. Can Verizon inform Samsung instantaneously? Yes they can. Are they informing them instantaneously? No they aren't.
    Having the technology present doesn't mean it's being used.
    08-17-2018 01:07 AM
    I fault samsung on this, and you know why it's because its Samsung's site and seriously you would think their site would work and connect to verizon like best buys does because when you buy direct from Samsung you are eliminating the middle resulting in more money in their pocket....
    08-17-2018 05:10 AM
    I fault samsung on this, and you know why it's because its Samsung's site and seriously you would think their site would work and connect to verizon like best buys does because when you buy direct from Samsung you are eliminating the middle resulting in more money in their pocket....
    Can't fault Samsung if Verizon doesn't supply the info right away. I've had many incidents where Verizon has blamed Best buy when the fault was really there's. At the end of the day they can only do what the carriers allow.
    08-17-2018 05:31 AM
    It's Verizon's decision to let Samsung connect to their site. If Best Buy decides Samsung can connect to them, then good. If Verizon doesn't allow it, then nothing.

Think of is this way: Verizon= battery A, Best Buy = battery B, Samsung = flashlight.

So if Battery B + flashlight works, but battery A + flashlight doesn't, how the hell is it flashlight's fault?

It's battery A's fault. Hence, it's Verizon's fault.
    buzzy3970 likes this.
    08-17-2018 05:42 AM
    It's Verizon's decision to let Samsung connect to their site. If Best Buy decides Samsung can connect to them, then good. If Verizon doesn't allow it, then nothing.

Think of is this way: Verizon= battery A, Best Buy = battery B, Samsung = flashlight.

So if Battery B + flashlight works, but battery A + flashlight doesn't, how the hell is it flashlight's fault?

Best way to describe it. Nothing gets done without the brain.
    08-17-2018 05:46 AM
    ok so it's been 24 and still not working on samsung shop....

any suggestions I've chatted with both verizon and Samsung and they blame each other... about ready to say screw it all together this is getting frustrating
    08-17-2018 09:55 AM

Well I figured it out. It wasn't VZW's fault, it appears to be a glitch in the site. I got on my computer tonight and figured i would try not logging into my samsung account. Come to find out when i used my alternate email address and made a new samsung store account it let me log into my verizon account to check the upgrade availibility and it worked flawlessly. So I am happy camper all is right in my world again
    08-17-2018 11:05 PM