Pixel 2 XL to Note 9

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So out of curiosity I was looking at the note on Samsung's website and decided to go through the trade in section. It says I can get $450 for the pixel and would only be $550 for the phone.
Good deal? Anyone else doing this or thinking of it?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the 128 GB Panda Pixel 2 XL and can get more selling locally. I generally have no issues selling stuff locally in Seattle area, lots of demand for used high end phone. Once I receive the Note 9 I'll probably put up my Pixel 2 XL for $550. Should be able to sell at that price easily with extras. Worst case i can always get $450 so decided not to trade.

jmartin

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I’m trading in my Pixel 2 XL for the 450 mainly out of laziness. I think I could get an extra hundred out of Swappa, etc. Up to you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So out of curiosity I was looking at the note on Samsung's website and decided to go through the trade in section. It says I can get $450 for the pixel and would only be $550 for the phone.
Good deal? Anyone else doing this or thinking of it?

Not the worst deal if you want a Note 9.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering doing the same.

Samsung have a promotion right now where you can get the 8gb/512gb version for the price of the 6gb/128gb version here. $1,500 which works out to be $1,100 including tax. Not too bad.

Not sure how much I'd get for the Pixel 2 XL. They're not very popular devices here.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm moving from my Pixel 2XL to the Note 9

Will sell my Pixel 2XL privately as Carphone Warehouse in the UK don't list the 64GB version now for a trade in and I ended up going via O2 Business for my Note 9 anyway as for me, it was the best deal out there (no deposit and c£60 per month for the phone and line)!

I'll hopefully get around £450 for the Pixel; so that'll do nicely :)

I do love the 2 XL, but it's screen isn't a patch on my previous Note 8, so more than happy to get that back with he Note 9. I've also got a Pixel XL 32GB for my business phone, so will always have one Vanilla Android handset

And if the rumours are true re the Pixel 3XL having a 'notch'; I'll be happy to stay away!

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow that's really good.
Here, I would be able to get the phone, a case, wireless charger and one of the promotions which I'd choose the akg headphones ($200 value) for around $550

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Wow that's really good.
Here, I would be able to get the phone, a case, wireless charger and one of the promotions which I'd choose the akg headphones ($200 value) for around $550

WOW, that's a great deal and a big chunk off the price.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So, I pre-ordered the blue, unlocked 512GB Note 9.

There's a trade in promo for the unlocked version. I'll be getting $450 ($250 + $200 promo bonus) for my Pixel 2XL and I'll also be getting $250 ($90 + $160 promo) for my S7 that I'm also trading in.

Pair that with my $350 in best buy gift cards and the phone will be under $200 purchased outright for me!

Plus I'll get the fancy headphones through Samsung.

This will be fun!

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
So, I pre-ordered the blue, unlocked 512GB Note 9.

There's a trade in promo for the unlocked version. I'll be getting $450 ($250 + $200 promo bonus) for my Pixel 2XL and I'll also be getting $250 ($90 + $160 promo) for my S7 that I'm also trading in.

Pair that with my $350 in best buy gift cards and the phone will be under $200 purchased outright for me!

Plus I'll get the fancy headphones through Samsung.

This will be fun!
Now THATS how you work a deal in your favor!!

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I was holding out to see what the P3XL was bringing to the table but not so sure anymore after the endless massive notch leaks. I went into BB the other day and my God, the Note 9 is BEAUTIFUL. The screen runs circles around my PXL2 and the cameras are great. Samsung is offering $450 instant trade in for the Pixel 2 so there's that. Brings down the cost of the phone to about 550 outright. Soooooo tempting. Gotta do a bit more research

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yea, it's funny, because after using what was probably the best all-around phone available (the Pixel 2XL), as soon as I went hands on with the new Note 9, I was blown away instantly...that's all the convincing I needed!

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have gone from Note 7 to pixel one, then pixel 2 and skipped the Note 8... I'm kind of anxious to get the nine. After all of this time on the pixel I didn't realize how much I loved the screen on Samsung devices. For whatever reason, I also happen to love the pictures that the Samsung line takes better than the pixel...go figure..

I'll install the lawnchair launcher and have it look like the Pixel.

I think I'll keep the Pixel for back up.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I have gone from Note 7 to pixel one, then pixel 2 and skipped the Note 8... I'm kind of anxious to get the nine. After all of this time on the pixel I didn't realize how much I loved the screen on Samsung devices. For whatever reason, I also happen to love the pictures that the Samsung line takes better than the pixel...go figure..

What's the purpose of getting the Note 9 if you're going to just install a launcher to make it look like the Pixel?

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
What's the purpose of getting the Note 9 if you're going to just install a launcher to make it look like the Pixel?

Just because he wants a similar launcher to the Pixel; doesn't mean he needs to stay with a Pixel

For one the screen on the Note 9 blows the Pixel's screen out of the water (well, IMO)

I use Nova Launcher on every Android phone I have; does that mean I shouldn't change phones?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just because he wants a similar launcher to the Pixel; doesn't mean he needs to stay with a Pixel

For one the screen on the Note 9 blows the Pixel's screen out of the water (well, IMO)

I use Nova Launcher on every Android phone I have; does that mean I shouldn't change phones?

*She 😉
And yes...the screen, too.

Side note: My husband has an s8 with severe burn-in though - I'm a little worried about this on the Note - my pixel is one of the early units and doesn't have it -

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
*She ??????
And yes...the screen, too.

Side note: My husband has an s8 with severe burn-in though - I'm a little worried about this on the Note - my pixel is one of the early units and doesn't have it -

Haha sorry ;)

I never had any screen burn issues with my S8 Plus or Note 8 and zero issues with my Pixel 2 XL either; I do think that some folk were just unlucky...

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Wow! That is the same exact path that I did. I had to return the Note 7 (TWICE!), picked up a Pixel XL. Now, I currently have the Pixel 2 XL and just receive my Note 9 today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang