08-27-2018 07:05 PM
26 12
tools
    So out of curiosity I was looking at the note on Samsung's website and decided to go through the trade in section. It says I can get $450 for the pixel and would only be $550 for the phone.
    Good deal? Anyone else doing this or thinking of it?
    08-17-2018 12:16 AM
    I have the 128 GB Panda Pixel 2 XL and can get more selling locally. I generally have no issues selling stuff locally in Seattle area, lots of demand for used high end phone. Once I receive the Note 9 I'll probably put up my Pixel 2 XL for $550. Should be able to sell at that price easily with extras. Worst case i can always get $450 so decided not to trade.
    08-17-2018 12:22 AM
    I’m trading in my Pixel 2 XL for the 450 mainly out of laziness. I think I could get an extra hundred out of Swappa, etc. Up to you.
    ihbsbA likes this.
    08-17-2018 01:03 AM
    So out of curiosity I was looking at the note on Samsung's website and decided to go through the trade in section. It says I can get $450 for the pixel and would only be $550 for the phone.
    Good deal? Anyone else doing this or thinking of it?
    Not the worst deal if you want a Note 9.
    08-17-2018 10:31 AM
    I'm considering doing the same.

Samsung have a promotion right now where you can get the 8gb/512gb version for the price of the 6gb/128gb version here. $1,500 which works out to be $1,100 including tax. Not too bad.

Not sure how much I'd get for the Pixel 2 XL. They're not very popular devices here.
    08-18-2018 06:05 AM
    I'm moving from my Pixel 2XL to the Note 9

Will sell my Pixel 2XL privately as Carphone Warehouse in the UK don't list the 64GB version now for a trade in and I ended up going via O2 Business for my Note 9 anyway as for me, it was the best deal out there (no deposit and c£60 per month for the phone and line)!

I'll hopefully get around £450 for the Pixel; so that'll do nicely

I do love the 2 XL, but it's screen isn't a patch on my previous Note 8, so more than happy to get that back with he Note 9. I've also got a Pixel XL 32GB for my business phone, so will always have one Vanilla Android handset

And if the rumours are true re the Pixel 3XL having a 'notch'; I'll be happy to stay away!
    08-18-2018 06:25 AM
    Wow that's really good.
    Here, I would be able to get the phone, a case, wireless charger and one of the promotions which I'd choose the akg headphones ($200 value) for around $550
    08-18-2018 08:45 AM
    Wow that's really good.
    Here, I would be able to get the phone, a case, wireless charger and one of the promotions which I'd choose the akg headphones ($200 value) for around $550
    WOW, that's a great deal and a big chunk off the price.
    08-18-2018 10:42 AM
    So, I pre-ordered the blue, unlocked 512GB Note 9.

There's a trade in promo for the unlocked version. I'll be getting $450 ($250 + $200 promo bonus) for my Pixel 2XL and I'll also be getting $250 ($90 + $160 promo) for my S7 that I'm also trading in.

Pair that with my $350 in best buy gift cards and the phone will be under $200 purchased outright for me!

Plus I'll get the fancy headphones through Samsung.

This will be fun!
    08-18-2018 03:13 PM
    So, I pre-ordered the blue, unlocked 512GB Note 9.

There's a trade in promo for the unlocked version. I'll be getting $450 ($250 + $200 promo bonus) for my Pixel 2XL and I'll also be getting $250 ($90 + $160 promo) for my S7 that I'm also trading in.

Pair that with my $350 in best buy gift cards and the phone will be under $200 purchased outright for me!

Plus I'll get the fancy headphones through Samsung.

This will be fun!
    Now THATS how you work a deal in your favor!!
    djrakowski and KillerQ like this.
    08-18-2018 06:30 PM
    I was holding out to see what the P3XL was bringing to the table but not so sure anymore after the endless massive notch leaks. I went into BB the other day and my God, the Note 9 is BEAUTIFUL. The screen runs circles around my PXL2 and the cameras are great. Samsung is offering $450 instant trade in for the Pixel 2 so there's that. Brings down the cost of the phone to about 550 outright. Soooooo tempting. Gotta do a bit more research
    ihbsbA likes this.
    08-18-2018 08:10 PM
    Yea, it's funny, because after using what was probably the best all-around phone available (the Pixel 2XL), as soon as I went hands on with the new Note 9, I was blown away instantly...that's all the convincing I needed!
    08-18-2018 10:41 PM
    I have gone from Note 7 to pixel one, then pixel 2 and skipped the Note 8... I'm kind of anxious to get the nine. After all of this time on the pixel I didn't realize how much I loved the screen on Samsung devices. For whatever reason, I also happen to love the pictures that the Samsung line takes better than the pixel...go figure..

I'll install the lawnchair launcher and have it look like the Pixel.

I think I'll keep the Pixel for back up.
    08-19-2018 11:24 PM
    I have gone from Note 7 to pixel one, then pixel 2 and skipped the Note 8... I'm kind of anxious to get the nine. After all of this time on the pixel I didn't realize how much I loved the screen on Samsung devices. For whatever reason, I also happen to love the pictures that the Samsung line takes better than the pixel...go figure..

What's the purpose of getting the Note 9 if you're going to just install a launcher to make it look like the Pixel?
    rcwheelman likes this.
    08-19-2018 11:45 PM
    What's the purpose of getting the Note 9 if you're going to just install a launcher to make it look like the Pixel?
    Just because he wants a similar launcher to the Pixel; doesn't mean he needs to stay with a Pixel

For one the screen on the Note 9 blows the Pixel's screen out of the water (well, IMO)

I use Nova Launcher on every Android phone I have; does that mean I shouldn't change phones?
    08-20-2018 04:58 AM
    S Pen. Kind of important for heavy business use.
    08-20-2018 07:54 AM
    Just because he wants a similar launcher to the Pixel; doesn't mean he needs to stay with a Pixel

For one the screen on the Note 9 blows the Pixel's screen out of the water (well, IMO)

I use Nova Launcher on every Android phone I have; does that mean I shouldn't change phones?
    *She 😉
    And yes...the screen, too.

Side note: My husband has an s8 with severe burn-in though - I'm a little worried about this on the Note - my pixel is one of the early units and doesn't have it -
    08-20-2018 07:54 AM
    *She
    And yes...the screen, too.

Side note: My husband has an s8 with severe burn-in though - I'm a little worried about this on the Note - my pixel is one of the early units and doesn't have it -
    Haha sorry

I never had any screen burn issues with my S8 Plus or Note 8 and zero issues with my Pixel 2 XL either; I do think that some folk were just unlucky...
    ihbsbA likes this.
    08-20-2018 08:06 AM

Wow! That is the same exact path that I did. I had to return the Note 7 (TWICE!), picked up a Pixel XL. Now, I currently have the Pixel 2 XL and just receive my Note 9 today.
    ihbsbA, dsignori and dems86 like this.
    08-22-2018 10:13 PM
    Wow! That is the same exact path that I did. I had to return the Note 7 (TWICE!), picked up a Pixel XL. Now, I currently have the Pixel 2 XL and just receive my Note 9 today.
    How's it going?! I pick mine up tomorrow
    08-23-2018 10:05 PM
    Ditto me as well. 2nd day with the Note 9. Awesome so far.
    08-23-2018 11:39 PM
    How's it going?! I pick mine up tomorrow
    It's nice. I'm trying to get use to all these features again. The finger scanner is just fine,but the side button are too high. Overall, good device.
    08-24-2018 12:36 AM
    I picked up the Note 9 after a couple days of use the newness wore off and TW became annoying so I sent it back and turned back on my Pixel 2XL. The Note 9 is absolutely a great phone but until Samsung stops duplicating apps that are not as good as stock Android and making the settings like a treasure map I'm going to stick with the Pixel line.
    KidAKidB likes this.
    08-27-2018 10:24 AM
    Zero issues with moving from the 2XL to the Note 9

TBH the screen shows me straight away that moving back to a Note 9 was the right thing to do. It also feels better in hand IMO and I've slab like hands too!

Always liked the Note phones, had them since the very first 1 and already regretted selling them TBH
    dems86 and ihbsbA like this.
    08-27-2018 11:28 AM
    I picked up the Note 9 after a couple days of use the newness wore off and TW became annoying so I sent it back and turned back on my Pixel 2XL. The Note 9 is absolutely a great phone but until Samsung stops duplicating apps that are not as good as stock Android and making the settings like a treasure map I'm going to stick with the Pixel line.
    I also ended up returning my Note 9 and going back to the Pixel 2 XL. Sure, the screen on the Note 9 was incredible, but stock Android is just more my thing.
    08-27-2018 06:57 PM
26 12