Read it on reddit..can anyone confirm? They say the app that allowed remapping doesn't work.
    08-19-2018 11:18 PM
    if it doesn't I'm sure it will have to be updated to work with the note 9
    Cary Quinn likes this.
    08-19-2018 11:22 PM
    Not surprising. It has to be re-patched with every update Samsung has done on previous phones, and the Note 9 ships with a higher OS version than the current phones, so...
    Pretty sure it won't be long before it's working again.
    08-19-2018 11:25 PM
    The remapping apps may need updating by the developer before they'll work but as far as I'm aware a person can choose to still disable the bixby button and it's features via the phones settings leaving the button redundant.
    08-20-2018 01:53 AM
    The remapping apps may need updating by the developer before they'll work but as far as I'm aware a person can choose to still disable the bixby button and it's features via the phones settings leaving the button redundant.
    The guy on Reddit shows a screenshot which doesn't have the option.
    08-20-2018 07:49 AM
    I pre-ordered the 512GB Unlocked version, which is my first Samsung device since the Galaxy Nexus. I currently have the Pixel 2 XL, and I'm a fan of the squeeze function to initiate Google Assistant. I hope there's a patch for the remapper apps soon, I'd really like to use that button for Google Assistant! Lol
    ihbsbA and recDNA like this.
    08-20-2018 11:49 AM
    The guy on Reddit shows a screenshot which doesn't have the option.
    So are you talking about the re-mapper app or Bixby disabling? Two different things :P

Reviewers have stated that Bixby on their review units is still a Beta version, just like when the first 'official' version of Bixby launched, so there might be some options and things that aren't working and won't work until the 'final' version is released (which, again, from the first time around, wouldn't be a surprise if people get the phones first and the final update months later). Don't see why that particular option would be gone since they added it to the current version, but again, might be something that's either not in the pre-release version or in good ol' Samsung fashion, just moved into an obscure region of the settings.
    sweetypie31 and Cary Quinn like this.
    08-20-2018 12:02 PM
    I pre-ordered the 512GB Unlocked version, which is my first Samsung device since the Galaxy Nexus. I currently have the Pixel 2 XL, and I'm a fan of the squeeze function to initiate Google Assistant. I hope there's a patch for the remapper apps soon, I'd really like to use that button for Google Assistant! Lol
    That would be nice. I wouldn't mind remapping it to google assistant.
    recDNA likes this.
    08-21-2018 12:43 AM
    I'm going from a 2XL as well. I do like the squeeze feature and remapping would be nice. But I believe if all else fails you can make one of the lock screen shortcuts the google assistant and just swipe up from there for it
    08-21-2018 10:15 AM