Note 9 Removable buttons........ WTF ? (JerryRig Everything)

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Lord have mercy.. we are waiting on pins and needles to get one in our hands and he is just destroying one.. hard to watch haha

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
If we can't disable bixby, maybe removing the button is a legitimate solution? I'm not talking hacking at the phone with a razor blade, but it looked like the button could be easily removed and not damaged with a little precision. I wouldn't imagine it would affect the waterproofing either, as it is probably still sealed under the button.

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of destroying the screen.. are there any good screen protectors anyone can recommend for the N9? I'm mostly interested in avoiding cracks to the screen after a fall. Scratches are not as big a deal, but would be nice to stop them too.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
On my S9 plus there are two places where you can change how bixby behaves when you press the button.
(its the same setting, just in two places on the menu)
I will take a close look when I get my Note 9, but I'm betting the setting is still there.

guitar_65riff

Jun 20, 2018
Visit site
On my S9 plus there are two places where you can change how bixby behaves when you press the button.
(its the same setting, just in two places on the menu)
I will take a close look when I get my Note 9, but I'm betting the setting is still there.
You can disable the button on the note 8 so I would imagine it will be the same on the note 9

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Speaking of destroying the screen.. are there any good screen protectors anyone can recommend for the N9? I'm mostly interested in avoiding cracks to the screen after a fall. Scratches are not as big a deal, but would be nice to stop them too.

There is a few threads already active where people are discussing protectors.

Seems the WhiteDome is popular.

Disturbed_Angel

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If that does not affect the seal, I may just kill that button and put it in my case if they have in fact removed the ability to disable the button.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Security issue note 9

If you let someone use your note, make sure they don't prank you by removing the Bixby or Volume buttons. They can apparently be removed with your fingernail in a few seconds. Good news is they pop back in.
3819f37c6a5cd14fd18d4a15fb12b132.jpg

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Some of you people act like you’re going to be taking a razor black or a flat head and removing these buttons... It’s not a big deal, you can literally do this with any phone.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'll never understand some of these tests. It's glass, it will scratch, it will break.....and the flame test for all those times you accidentally light your phone on fire.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'll never understand some of these tests. It's glass, it will scratch, it will break.....and the flame test for all those times you accidentally light your phone on fire.

I actually understand it in this regard, this is just Zack being consistent. If he wasn't doing the same things for each device other people would complain that he was playing favorites or not "fully testing" each device.