Preordered but No Promotion?

alians07

Aug 16, 2018
Visit site
So most of us preordered Note 9 512gb and there is a backorder for that variant (mine will be delivered on 09/14). Also, there is a Samsung's preorder promo - Free AKG headphone, Free Fortnight bundle or both for a value. However, there is a registration deadline of 09/13 for that promo. Basically, even after preordering, I won't be able to enjoy the promotion as I will receiving my phone a day later.

My question is what is the point of preordering promo even if I can't receive those freebies despite preordering?

Is Samsung known to extend this deadlines by any chance?

Joel Miller

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
the promos are delivered with the phone. as long as you bought before aug 24th. its not like before where you had to register and send in receipt imei etc..

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Samsung is pretty linient with these. For only a day late, I can almost guarantee you will be fine.

I wouldn't say that. I got the Note 8 last year they had a promotion for either the gear360 or 256gb memory card and I didn't get the phone until after the promotion date ended because the phone was backordered just like this and when I called they promised me I would get the gifts but then when it came to it everyone acted like they had no idea what I was talking about and they told me that promotion was expired there's nothing that they can do. As you can imagine that left a really sour taste in my mouth when it comes to Samsung customer service.

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
the promos are delivered with the phone. as long as you bought before aug 24th. its not like before where you had to register and send in receipt imei etc..

If he ordered from samsung direct they preorder bonus will be included in the shipment if not he needs to register to receive the bonus once the phone is received and activated through the samsung store.

alians07

Aug 16, 2018
Visit site
If he ordered from samsung direct they preorder bonus will be included in the shipment if not he needs to register to receive the bonus once the phone is received and activated through the samsung store.

So yeah, I ordered through Xfinity Mobile Website as there is no way to order for Xfinity Mobile from Samsung site itself.

Samsung customer service tells contact your carrier - we are not responsible; while Xfinity guys tells there aren't give enough allocation so they cannot do anything.

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
So yeah, I ordered through Xfinity Mobile Website as there is no way to order for Xfinity Mobile from Samsung site itself.

Samsung customer service tells contact your carrier - we are not responsible; while Xfinity guys tells there aren't give enough allocation so they cannot do anything.

That's a load of bull. Sorry that your carrier is being like that.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordering does not guarantee you a gift. Samsung has fine print for that. "Only while supplies last". Technically even if you recieved your device and tried to claim a gift and they were completely out they're not liable to give you one. Yes Samsung is pretty lenient, but it has happened before where they've ran out and stop honoring the gifts. S8 as an example many weren't able to claim even on release day due to so many people claiming the prizes before them.

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Pre-ordering does not guarantee you a gift. Samsung has fine print for that. "Only while supplies last". Technically even if you recieved your device and tried to claim a gift and they were completely out they're not liable to give you one. Yes Samsung is pretty lenient, but it has happened before where they've ran out and stop honoring the gifts. S8 as an example many weren't able to claim even on release day due to so many people claiming the prizes before them.

One would think that this time around we would have a better chance due to them not giving out vrs like candy, I got my s7edge weeks after it came out at best buy and got a vr as a gift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith