Has anyone seen a video yet, or users here who bought both versions, of the speed difference. Would love to see this.
    08-23-2018 08:02 AM
    Has anyone seen a video yet, or users here who bought both versions, of the speed difference. Would love to see this.
    YES! I have been asking 512gb folks who were lucky enough to get theirs to provide some insight on this. Mine is back ordered so it could give more time to change from 8gb to 6gb if there really is no difference.
    08-23-2018 08:05 AM
    I can't answer the question with certainty, but understand the difference shows when multiple apps are running and also file transfer.

Apps are only going to get more intensive as we own these phones, there go it was 512/8 for me and 1 for my wife.
    08-23-2018 08:13 AM
    I'll do some benchmarks today at work, I have the 512 and I can compare with my stores 128 demo.
    08-23-2018 08:21 AM
    I also second this..my questions is..was it worth the money? Maybe there are some videos on youtube
    08-23-2018 10:07 AM
    I'll do some benchmarks today at work, I have the 512 and I can compare with my stores 128 demo.
    Thank you CrazyRalph! haha
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    08-23-2018 10:08 AM
    I'll post some test results from my 128 with A1 SD bench as soon as I can. I suspect the Note 9 128 will be faster than the S9 plus, but I also suspect the Note 9 512 will be significantly faster for file reads and writes.
    08-23-2018 11:19 AM
    The amount of storage won't affect the speed - it has as much to do with speed as the color of the case the phone is in (until you start running out - then it affects it).

The difference between 6GB and 8GB of RAM? Unless you're running an app that requires a lot of RAM (like Firefox - which, if you keep opening tabs, can eventually need more RAM than you have, no matter how much you have - but I'm talking 35-50 tabs), the amount of RAM won't make any difference in speed. Yet. With the amount of RAM current apps need, even running 3 apps at once (say your banking app, your password app and Google Authenticator) won't come close to using 6GB. Running more apps? How many apps do you need to be switching between constantly? (I don't mean your game, your browser and your email app. You switch occasionally - I mean constantly, like getting to the login part of the banking app, needing the login and password, then needing the authenticator number - all before you can even check your balance.)

In the future? Who can say? Some games might start running huge amounts - 2 or 3MB. By 2025 we might see apps that are squeezed in 6MB. But are you going to keep your phone for 7 years? My 5 year old Note 3, with 3GB, has no problem running anything, including combinations, I run on it. 5 years old.

RAM isn't going to be the issue, storage is. 3GB phones still run fine, but 32GB of internal storage is no longer enough. (But you're talking about a 128GB phone, so why worry?)
    08-23-2018 02:36 PM
    The amount of storage won't affect the speed - it has as much to do with speed as the color of the case the phone is in (until you start running out - then it affects it).

The difference between 6GB and 8GB of RAM? Unless you're running an app that requires a lot of RAM (like Firefox - which, if you keep opening tabs, can eventually need more RAM than you have, no matter how much you have - but I'm talking 35-50 tabs), the amount of RAM won't make any difference in speed. Yet. With the amount of RAM current apps need, even running 3 apps at once (say your banking app, your password app and Google Authenticator) won't come close to using 6GB. Running more apps? How many apps do you need to be switching between constantly? (I don't mean your game, your browser and your email app. You switch occasionally - I mean constantly, like getting to the login part of the banking app, needing the login and password, then needing the authenticator number - all before you can even check your balance.)

In the future? Who can say? Some games might start running huge amounts - 2 or 3MB. By 2025 we might see apps that are squeezed in 6MB. But are you going to keep your phone for 7 years? My 5 year old Note 3, with 3GB, has no problem running anything, including combinations, I run on it. 5 years old.

RAM isn't going to be the issue, storage is. 3GB phones still run fine, but 32GB of internal storage is no longer enough. (But you're talking about a 128GB phone, so why worry?)
    108 GB phone
    08-23-2018 04:01 PM
    108 GB phone
    477 GB Phone lol
    08-23-2018 04:40 PM