11-21-2018 10:25 AM
100 ... 234
tools
    Really not a fan of dumping adhesive on the phone. I've never seen this system before, I have a cheap garbage glass protector on mine right now so I was looking at alternatives. I also don't like the top part being cutaway, that's not what I call (full coverage). I want every bit of the screen covered, save for the speaker.
    08-28-2018 01:45 PM
    Really not a fan of dumping adhesive on the phone. I've never seen this system before, I have a cheap garbage glass protector on mine right now so I was looking at alternatives. I also don't like the top part being cutaway, that's not what I call (full coverage). I want every bit of the screen covered, save for the speaker.
    It's not exactly what you think. The adhesive is a really thin liquid that is actually repelled by the phone screen, which is why you want it to be perfectly level so it sits in one place as a blob. Once the screen protector drops onto the phone using the provided tooling, the liquid spreads between the protector and the phone glad right up the the edges. Then you cure it using the provided UV light. It's not really a traditional glue. The curing process turns the liquid into a solid gel-like substance (feels like dried silicone). It's a pretty strong bond, but more so because of the surface area rather than the adhesive itself. Like I mentioned before, the adhesive pulls pretty clean from the phone glass. It's really struck on the back of the tempered glass though.
    08-28-2018 02:02 PM
    Honestly, I am less than impressed with the Whitestone Dome. I installed it and initially I had a couple tiny air bubbles towards the top of my screen but I could live with it. Now, a week or so after I installed it I am seeing two issues already with the glue under the glass. First, at the top near the speaker it looks like there is a line in the glue that has formed as if the glue was drying up and cracking. Second, on one corner it looks like the glue isn't sticking anymore and it is starting to come up. I followed the directions after watching the videos several times and everything seemed to go smooth initially, but I really don't think it's going to last long before I yank it off.
    09-07-2018 03:51 PM
    The caseology one causes major touch sensitivity issues. Almost unbearable.
    We have 5 Note 9s in my family, all with the Caseology tempered glass screen protectors. No sensitivity issues at all. I suggest you increase the sensitivity in the settings.
    shaimere likes this.
    09-07-2018 05:51 PM
    My husband and I each installed Armor Edge glass screen protectors on his GS9 and my Note S9 yesterday. Can't tell the difference between naked and protected screens in terms of sensitivity, smoothness, or appearance. Got em at Best Buy. Not cheap but a lot less expensive than the Whitestone Dome, and the installation, both times was as smooth as silk, unlike the nightmare I had with the Dome.

With the Dome installation, I watched two videos. In fact, I watched Flossy's three, count 'em, 3 times. It took the installation, with all its parts and pieces, screwed up when the glass glued itself to the installation frame and I had to break the frame and break off the glass from the phone. (Yes, the phone was on a level surface. Yes, I had the parts set out beforehand. Yes, I have steady hands, yes, I made sure not to let the glue... Oh, never mind. I was lucky that I have fingernails and I was lucky that I didn't hurt my phone when I removed its protection. (That's sarcasm, sons and daughters.)

There is a simple, easy to handle, unfussy installation with the Armor Edge. There is a frame to align and apply the sticky underside of the protector to your phone - - no separate parts besides the most wipe and microfiber cloth to clean the phone screen first. Took 5 or 10 minutes to do two phones. And we were being careful and going slowly.

By the way, I bought my Dome from Amazon, and got a refund.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    09-10-2018 11:39 AM
    I just posted a thread today about how nervous I am to install my first whitestone on my Note 9 today.
    09-10-2018 11:55 AM
    The install of my WhiteStone Dome Glass Screen Protector went without hitch.

Viewed various tutorials including Flossy's and allowed plenty of time to do it.
    09-10-2018 12:54 PM
    So, I can see glue all the way along both sides underneath the Whitestone. It is very noticeable in certain lighting. It's not right at the edge bit a few mm away from the edge underneath the protector. Is this a known problem?
    09-26-2018 07:43 AM
    I've not seen that issue with mine.
    09-26-2018 07:48 AM
    I installed the first of my two protectors without issues, but after a couple of hours of use the protector started to separate from the phone at the bottom and form lines and bubble-like shapes underneath, just similar to what you are having here. Same thing had happened with my note 8 previously but the separation area remained very small. Unfortunately this time with my note 9, the separation kept growing in size, so I eventually removed the protector and installed the second one, again without issues. I cured the glass for at least double the time this time. I am now waiting to see if the same problem will appear again. If it happens, I might have to look for a different type of screen protector.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    09-26-2018 12:29 PM
    From what I've read it's adhesive on the sides.
    I have one and it's side only adhesive. I don't like it. It's done it's job but I don't see it lasting and I can't keep replacing it. I'm going to try the Whitestone Dome next time I have to replace.
    09-26-2018 02:14 PM
    My husband and I each installed Armor Edge glass screen protectors on his GS9 and my Note S9 yesterday. .
    I'm not finding "Armor Edge" on Amazon. Is it TECH Armor Edge? Thanks
    09-26-2018 02:23 PM
    So, I can see glue all the way along both sides underneath the Whitestone. It is very noticeable in certain lighting. It's not right at the edge bit a few mm away from the edge underneath the protector. Is this a known problem?
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a5dfcc5628.jpg
    This happened to me as well and exactly as pictured after almost 4 weeks of being installed. I installed the 2nd one and sent warranty request to Whitestone.
    09-26-2018 06:44 PM
    Just watch Flossy's video if you have this. He made it look easy lol.
    That's a major major major go!
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    09-26-2018 11:16 PM
    Video looks easy for white stone dome so I ordered it for a spare, however with my eyes I know better! Now looking for an expert install in the Peoria Illinois area. ANYONE!
    09-27-2018 11:54 AM
    Video looks easy for white stone dome so I ordered it for a spare, however with my eyes I know better! Now looking for an expert install in the Peoria Illinois area. ANYONE!
    Watch Flossy Carter's video on the install. I did two of these and they were perfect and I am not very good at installing screen protectors.
    wilsodw likes this.
    09-27-2018 05:20 PM
    2 days since I installed my second dome and it's still going strong. No elevation. But this time I cured for 30+120 seconds instead of 15+60
    09-28-2018 03:26 PM
    I'm not finding "Armor Edge" on Amazon. Is it TECH Armor Edge? Thanks
    Armor Edge - - I'm not sure it's on Amazon. www.armoredge.com phone in U.S: 888/753-6956
    09-30-2018 11:44 PM
    I have it on mine. That's because I'm looking for it. Doesn't bother me too much. I try to keep my OCD in check.
    10-01-2018 02:16 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a5dfcc5628.jpg
    Same thing happend to me and I eneded up installing the second one that came in the original box and 3 weeks later the same thing. I'm going to install the replacement they sent hoping my first purchase was just a bad batch, if not this will be the last time buying from Whitestone.
    11-19-2018 08:36 AM
    Anyone try the Zagg one yet? Is it full adhesive or only on the sides again? I picked up an Armor Edge one from work and it's side adhesive only grrrr
    I have one, adhesive is on the top and bottom. Phone also wears a Supcase unicorn beetle pro case.
    11-19-2018 11:51 AM
    Is glue my only choice now?
    No, you can still get the flimsy screen protector that offer nothing more than scratch protection.
    11-19-2018 02:20 PM
    Same thing happend to me and I eneded up installing the second one that came in the original box and 3 weeks later the same thing. I'm going to install the replacement they sent hoping my first purchase was just a bad batch, if not this will be the last time buying from Whitestone.
    This has happened to me with 3 of them on the Note 9. They last about 3 weeks and then this happens on the edges. They know they have an issue but haven't admitted it.
    mclarryjr likes this.
    11-20-2018 06:28 PM
    yeah and it looks so smooth.
    And feels so good in the hands, ladies 😂
    Flossy one of like like kind, good dude too
    EMGSM likes this.
    11-20-2018 07:59 PM
    0 sensitivity issues for me with white stone dome. works as a naked screen for me
    Same here with 2 Note 9s, mine and wife's.
    11-21-2018 10:25 AM
100 ... 234