11-21-2018 10:25 AM
100 123 ...
tools
    I just put this on my new Note 9. Once it is on I think it is the best tempered glass protector. I give it 3 stars because of the installation. I am glad it came with 2 protectors. I followed the videos on YouTube. My first issue was with the cotton absorption strips they give. THEY DON'T FIT IN THE INSTALLER. When I forced it in, the phone kept turning back on because they pressed the on button. There are plastic bumps in the installer that will not allow them to lay in. I laid the glass on the installer and pulled the tab it rests on. The glass falls onto the glue. Worked great except the glass was way too low on the phone over hanging the phone. There was glue everywhere under the phone. Took a bit to wipe it off with the included alcohol wipes. I had to take the glass off and could not re-place it. With my 2nd protector attempt same thing with the glue all over but I manipulated the glass to get it where i wanted. This caused more glue to spill all over. However, once I cleaned it up AGAIN. The glass is on perfect. No bubbles, looks great and fits in my Caseology case. So I do recommend this. BUT it is not simple.
    Dan_B1979 and Inkdnaija like this.
    08-23-2018 10:08 AM
    Just watch Flossy's video if you have this. He made it look easy lol.
    08-23-2018 10:12 AM
    I just put this on my new Note 9. Once it is on I think it is the best tempered glass protector. I give it 3 stars because of the installation. I am glad it came with 2 protectors. I followed the videos on YouTube. My first issue was with the cotton absorption strips they give. THEY DON'T FIT IN THE INSTALLER. When I forced it in, the phone kept turning back on because they pressed the on button. There are plastic bumps in the installer that will not allow them to lay in. I laid the glass on the installer and pulled the tab it rests on. The glass falls onto the glue. Worked great except the glass was way too low on the phone over hanging the phone. There was glue everywhere under the phone. Took a bit to wipe it off with the included alcohol wipes. I had to take the glass off and could not re-place it. With my 2nd protector attempt same thing with the glue all over but I manipulated the glass to get it where i wanted. This caused more glue to spill all over. However, once I cleaned it up AGAIN. The glass is on perfect. No bubbles, looks great and fits in my Caseology case. So I do recommend this. BUT it is not simple.
    I almost bought this but had a coupon for the caseology glass protector. It is super simple and so far is awesome! If it doesn't hold up I will attempt the whitestone. Thanks for sharing your experience.
    jeffg9 and Inkdnaija like this.
    08-23-2018 10:12 AM
    The absorption pads go into the top part, not the bottom on the sides of the phone. If you tried putting them in the bottom, then they would definitely push up against the buttons. I didn't buy it for the Note 8 because I assumed it was just a pricey, over-hyped protector, but I was wrong. The installation really is fairly easy after watching a couple of install videos. I certainly wouldn't steer anyone away from it because of the install.
    JoBudden likes this.
    08-23-2018 10:49 AM
    The absorption pads go into the top part, not the bottom on the sides of the phone. If you tried putting them in the bottom, then they would definitely push up against the buttons. I didn't buy it for the Note 8 because I assumed it was just a pricey, over-hyped protector, but I was wrong. The installation really is fairly easy after watching a couple of install videos. I certainly wouldn't steer anyone away from it because of the install.
    Were you able to stop it from collecting dust along the edges?
    08-23-2018 10:52 AM
    as soon as mine gets here. at some point today I'll be installing my first one. videos make it look really easy
    08-23-2018 10:54 AM
    as soon as mine gets here. at some point today I'll be installing my first one. videos make it look really easy
    It's not bad. Just follow the steps and make sure you're on a very level surface or it'll go terribly LOL.
    JoBudden likes this.
    08-23-2018 11:28 AM
    Were you able to stop it from collecting dust along the edges?
    Not at this point. I have a case on, so that prevents my fingers from coming into contact with the edges, which I'm guessing would cause the edges to lift sooner and gather dust. The only adhesive that leaked beyond the protector was a very small amount at the top.
    08-23-2018 11:41 AM
    I installed the same screen protector before I ever powered on the Note. I had done several of these with past phones and had no issues this time. I did notice the strips wouldn't play nicely with the ridge in the case/frame though. I simply cut them in half and placed half of the strip above the bump and the other half below (out of the way of the buttons). This seemed to work - and I had no issues with extra glue.

I hate that these screen protectors are so expensive but they work amazingly well with the curved screens. It's the only protector I use.
    08-23-2018 12:21 PM

Installed mine last night and using the spiegen liquid crystal clear case. Its the best tempered glass protector I have seen. Not only can you barely see it on the phone, but the case does not threaten to touch the sides at all. No worry about over time the case lifting the screen or anything like that. Its on there and its almost invisible. Perfect combination in my book.
    08-23-2018 12:52 PM
    I almost bought this but had a coupon for the caseology glass protector. It is super simple and so far is awesome! If it doesn't hold up I will attempt the whitestone. Thanks for sharing your experience.
    I also got the Caseology protector. Peeled the factory film off the phone and immediately put this on free hand and its perfect. Fits well and sensitivity seems good.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    08-23-2018 01:17 PM
    Just watch Flossy's video if you have this. He made it look easy lol.
    yeah and it looks so smooth.
    ihbsbA and Inkdnaija like this.
    08-23-2018 05:08 PM
    I used a Whitestone on my S8+, my Note8 and I made sure to have one ready for my Note 9. I installed it first thing. It is a little complicated, but it's worth it. Just be sure to watch video of an installation first.
    08-23-2018 05:54 PM
    anyone know if this works with the Spigen rugged armor?
    08-23-2018 06:12 PM
    anyone know if this works with the Spigen rugged armor?
    Works perfect with the rugged armor. That's the combo I went with for now.
    worldsoutro likes this.
    08-23-2018 06:17 PM
    Thanks!!!
    eRod v1.0 likes this.
    08-23-2018 06:30 PM
    Do you feel confident with the case protection?
    08-23-2018 06:31 PM
    Do you feel confident with the case protection?
    Yeah I've always had a rugged armor for my phones. I like slim form factor and good grip. I will however go pick up a tech21 case tomorrow.
    08-23-2018 06:34 PM
    Very easy. It's on my note 8 as we speak
    08-23-2018 06:37 PM
    I can feel my ADHD kicking in just reading the post. I think I'll just take my chances with Saran Wrap and chewing gum.

In all seriousnes, thanks for letting us know the process is a bit fiddly. I think I'll try the Caseology one first. I'm going to use a folio style case so I'm not too worried about screen protection except perhaps to minimize risk of scratching from the S-Pen.
    08-23-2018 10:13 PM
    I installed my first one today. honestly there's nothing to it. spend the money take your time and you won't regret the purchase
    Broken Vet likes this.
    08-23-2018 10:16 PM
    Otterbox defender Galaxy Note 9 version for me when I get it
    08-23-2018 10:23 PM
    I installed my first one today. honestly there's nothing to it. spend the money take your time and you won't regret the purchase
    What he said.
    08-23-2018 10:33 PM
    The caseology one causes major touch sensitivity issues. Almost unbearable.
    08-23-2018 11:52 PM
    Anyone try the Zagg one yet? Is it full adhesive or only on the sides again? I picked up an Armor Edge one from work and it's side adhesive only grrrr
    08-24-2018 12:08 AM
100 123 ...