bxActions app still works to remap Bixby button

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I've read a few posts stating that they can't remap the Bixby button on the Note 9. So, just wanted to let folks know that if you don't use Bixby then don't even bother launching it or setting it up and use the bxActions app to remap the button. It works with no issues or lag or it even doesn't try to launch Bixby first then what ever app I assign to it. Works seamlessly.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Good to know. Since you reminded me I did just check Bixby settings on my Note 9 and surprisingly the option to disable the Bixby button is not there at this time. I use Bixby so it is not a big deal for me, but I can see that might cause concern for others.

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Great find. Thanks for helping me get rid of Bixby (or at least preventing it from rearing its ugly head when I accidentally push the button).

awtryau89

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I have always used Package Disabler Pro to completely disable Bixby and run Nova and Nova companion for Google Now. I think I am going to run the stock launcher on the 9. Can I still completely disable Bixby using PDP and then get BX Actions to remap or do I have to leave it all activated?

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Just installed & paid for the pro version. It works however you still see Bixby pop up for a brief quarter second or so before the re-mapped app. Is that normal and just the cost of doing business with these remapping apps?

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Just installed & paid for the pro version. It works however you still see Bixby pop up for a brief quarter second or so before the re-mapped app. Is that normal and just the cost of doing business with these remapping apps?
I think this is normal of you've already setup Bixby. That's why I avoid launching it when I get a new phone. You'll need to use something like package disabler to really shut it down so it won't try to initially launch it when you press the button.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I have always used Package Disabler Pro to completely disable Bixby and run Nova and Nova companion for Google Now. I think I am going to run the stock launcher on the 9. Can I still completely disable Bixby using PDP and then get BX Actions to remap or do I have to leave it all activated?
I use the stock launcher but never launch or initialize Bixby so I've never needed top use PDP. But if you have it all disabled with PDP then you should be good to go with the stock launcher.

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I think this is normal of you've already setup Bixby. That's why I avoid launching it when I get a new phone. You'll need to use something like package disabler to really shut it down so it won't try to initially launch it when you press the button.

lol ok I just opened up Package Disabler Pro and searched for Bixby and turned it all off. Not the Bixby button does nothing. I guess that's better then turning on Bixby, but I liked the idea of remapping the button. Is there a certain package(s) I should have left on?

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
ok so it needs the Bixby Voice package left on to work, but when leaving that one on you get the flash of Bixby when trying to use the new button. Is there a way to completely reset Bixby like I never opened it to begin with?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I've read a few posts stating that they can't remap the Bixby button on the Note 9. So, just wanted to let folks know that if you don't use Bixby then don't even bother launching it or setting it up and use the bxActions app to remap the button. It works with no issues or lag or it even doesn't try to launch Bixby first then what ever app I assign to it. Works seamlessly.

Thanks

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Did you connect to your PC to grant additional permission? Once you did that you should not see the brief Bixby pop up anymore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy