3 days with the Note 9

donb2010

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Note 9 for 3 days now, so far so good, but I noticed a couple of things,

1. The speaker is much quieter than the Note 8, specifically when receiving alerts from
notifications.

2. The "Smart lock" option like the Note 8 isn't always working (if at all) I was hoping it
would get fix with the release of the Note 9, but apparently not.

After 3 days these are just a couple of things I noticed. Anyone else noticed this also?

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Note 9 for 3 days now, so far so good, but I noticed a couple of things,

1. The speaker is much quieter than the Note 8, specifically when receiving alerts from
notifications.

2. The "Smart lock" option like the Note 8 isn't always working (if at all) I was hoping it
would get fix with the release of the Note 9, but apparently not.

After 3 days these are just a couple of things I noticed. Anyone else noticed this also?

How about listing some good notices :)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
For me so far, the only quirk I've noticed is occasionally the camera freezes fora moment. I was taking photos through the screen door of a silly squirrel being perplexed about not being able to reach the bird feeder. The phone would freeze for a few seconds, then focus. Could be it was having trouble focusing through the glass on the squirrel that was about 25 feet away.

Davenurse

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
2 things are bothering me so far. It seems like the face unlock is not working as well as the Note 8 was, not quite sure why. The other things that is really driving me crazy is when I unlock my phone 95% of the time the Bixby screen shows up. any suggestions for both would be welcomed

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I've been using my note 9 for 6 days now, and I noticed straight off that the screen isn't as crisp as my note 8, on the same settings.

Also, and this I can't understand, I can't install helvetica neue font, and yet it works absolutely fine on my note 8. (I copied the apk, and no it wasn't originally an app from either the playstore or galaxy apps, so the apk should just work as is)

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
2 things are bothering me so far. It seems like the face unlock is not working as well as the Note 8 was, not quite sure why. The other things that is really driving me crazy is when I unlock my phone 95% of the time the Bixby screen shows up. any suggestions for both would be welcomed

This has been driving me crazy as well, your not alone.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
For me so far, the only quirk I've noticed is occasionally the camera freezes fora moment. I was taking photos through the screen door of a silly squirrel being perplexed about not being able to reach the bird feeder. The phone would freeze for a few seconds, then focus. Could be it was having trouble focusing through the glass on the squirrel that was about 25 feet away.

Could it be from that fall?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Samsung popping in so there must be a problem with the cameras.
Check this video. I can't hear the camera making any noise.

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site

If I recall correctly, you dropped your device? This, unfortunately, could be linked to that. This is why I always say a dropped device that comes out fine out on the outside does not mean it came out fine on the inside. Not saying there is a direct correlation but just calling it out.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
If I recall correctly, you dropped your device? This, unfortunately, could be linked to that. This is why I always say a dropped device that comes out fine out on the outside does not mean it came out fine on the inside. Not saying there is a direct correlation but just calling it out.
Saw some posts that the camera issue is fairly well known. Doesnt always happen. And inordered direct from Samsung so I'm not going to be without a phone unless it's really bad

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I just can't seem to get photos that don't look blurry or hazy ... Outdoors and very well light indoors scenarios are usually not a problem, but typical indoor lighting is a different story.
Played with all sorts of camera settings and just can't seem to get consistently clear pictures.
e03be040a9dcbd61f6d0bb4ec3136c59.jpg
f5799f1fdab7e8c3d1fc3a97d4f51d7d.jpg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
What setting is your camera on
I just can't seem to get photos that don't look blurry or hazy ... Outdoors and very well light indoors scenarios are usually not a problem, but typical indoor lighting is a different story.
Played with all sorts of camera settings and just can't seem to get consistently clear pictures. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180906/e03be040a9dcbd61f6d0bb4ec3136c59.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180906/f5799f1fdab7e8c3d1fc3a97d4f51d7d.jpg
7931cad265c96cede562d2730fe38083.jpg

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Nearly flawless. Volume on BT really sucks. (my 1st ever Samsung complaint) I am a 1% Samsung elite member. I love Samsung!

Last edited:

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've tried with scene optimizer off and on, tracking AF on and off and get that hazy/halo type affect a lot no matter the setting.
Maybe I got a dud??
Give it some time. A lot of factors go into it. Do you touch the screen to focus before shooting?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Samsung popping in so there must be a problem with the cameras.
Check this video. I can't hear the camera making any noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI0uKyqS9lw

There is no problem with the Note 9 as this guy in the video suggests. Every Samsung phone I own from the S7 Edge, the S8+, the S9+, Note 8 and the Note 9 have made this noise when shaken. It's not a fault in the phone. It's the OIS and in reality, who goes around sharing their phone? Oh yeah, the guy in the video.

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Played with all sorts of camera settings and just can't seem to get consistently clear pictures. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180906/e03be040a9dcbd61f6d0bb4ec3136c59.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180906/f5799f1fdab7e8c3d1fc3a97d4f51d7d.jpg

I can't see what you're describing from these pics, I'm not saying it's not occurring for you though.

Attachments

• 5259.jpg
    5259.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 79

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781