09-09-2018 06:24 AM
46 12
tools
    I've been using the Note 9 for 3 days now, so far so good, but I noticed a couple of things,

1. The speaker is much quieter than the Note 8, specifically when receiving alerts from
    notifications.

2. The "Smart lock" option like the Note 8 isn't always working (if at all) I was hoping it
    would get fix with the release of the Note 9, but apparently not.

After 3 days these are just a couple of things I noticed. Anyone else noticed this also?
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-26-2018 05:10 AM
    I've been using the Note 9 for 3 days now, so far so good, but I noticed a couple of things,

1. The speaker is much quieter than the Note 8, specifically when receiving alerts from
    notifications.

2. The "Smart lock" option like the Note 8 isn't always working (if at all) I was hoping it
    would get fix with the release of the Note 9, but apparently not.

After 3 days these are just a couple of things I noticed. Anyone else noticed this also?
    How about listing some good notices
    08-26-2018 06:36 AM
    For me so far, the only quirk I've noticed is occasionally the camera freezes fora moment. I was taking photos through the screen door of a silly squirrel being perplexed about not being able to reach the bird feeder. The phone would freeze for a few seconds, then focus. Could be it was having trouble focusing through the glass on the squirrel that was about 25 feet away.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-26-2018 08:01 AM
    2 things are bothering me so far. It seems like the face unlock is not working as well as the Note 8 was, not quite sure why. The other things that is really driving me crazy is when I unlock my phone 95% of the time the Bixby screen shows up. any suggestions for both would be welcomed
    gottria likes this.
    09-06-2018 04:13 PM
    I've been using my note 9 for 6 days now, and I noticed straight off that the screen isn't as crisp as my note 8, on the same settings.

Also, and this I can't understand, I can't install helvetica neue font, and yet it works absolutely fine on my note 8. (I copied the apk, and no it wasn't originally an app from either the playstore or galaxy apps, so the apk should just work as is)
    09-06-2018 04:50 PM
    Here is a pic of the result of trying to install:
    Attached Thumbnails 3 days with the Note 9-screenshot_20180902-164952_settings.jpg  
    09-06-2018 04:51 PM
    2 things are bothering me so far. It seems like the face unlock is not working as well as the Note 8 was, not quite sure why. The other things that is really driving me crazy is when I unlock my phone 95% of the time the Bixby screen shows up. any suggestions for both would be welcomed
    This has been driving me crazy as well, your not alone.
    09-06-2018 05:13 PM
    For me so far, the only quirk I've noticed is occasionally the camera freezes fora moment. I was taking photos through the screen door of a silly squirrel being perplexed about not being able to reach the bird feeder. The phone would freeze for a few seconds, then focus. Could be it was having trouble focusing through the glass on the squirrel that was about 25 feet away.
    Could it be from that fall?
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-06-2018 05:16 PM
    Samsung popping in so there must be a problem with the cameras.
    Check this video. I can't hear the camera making any noise.

09-06-2018 05:53 PM
    If I recall correctly, you dropped your device? This, unfortunately, could be linked to that. This is why I always say a dropped device that comes out fine out on the outside does not mean it came out fine on the inside. Not saying there is a direct correlation but just calling it out.
    09-06-2018 06:51 PM
    If I recall correctly, you dropped your device? This, unfortunately, could be linked to that. This is why I always say a dropped device that comes out fine out on the outside does not mean it came out fine on the inside. Not saying there is a direct correlation but just calling it out.
    Saw some posts that the camera issue is fairly well known. Doesnt always happen. And inordered direct from Samsung so I'm not going to be without a phone unless it's really bad
    09-06-2018 07:03 PM
    I just can't seem to get photos that don't look blurry or hazy ... Outdoors and very well light indoors scenarios are usually not a problem, but typical indoor lighting is a different story.
    Played with all sorts of camera settings and just can't seem to get consistently clear pictures.
    09-06-2018 07:19 PM
    What setting is your camera on
    I just can't seem to get photos that don't look blurry or hazy ... Outdoors and very well light indoors scenarios are usually not a problem, but typical indoor lighting is a different story.
    Played with all sorts of camera settings and just can't seem to get consistently clear pictures. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4ec3136c59.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...97d4f51d7d.jpg
    09-06-2018 07:28 PM
    I've tried with scene optimizer off and on, tracking AF on and off and get that hazy/halo type affect a lot no matter the setting.
    Maybe I got a dud??
    09-06-2018 07:31 PM
    Nearly flawless. Volume on BT really sucks. (my 1st ever Samsung complaint) I am a 1% Samsung elite member. I love Samsung!
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    09-06-2018 07:38 PM
    I've tried with scene optimizer off and on, tracking AF on and off and get that hazy/halo type affect a lot no matter the setting.
    Maybe I got a dud??
    Give it some time. A lot of factors go into it. Do you touch the screen to focus before shooting?
    09-06-2018 07:42 PM
    Samsung popping in so there must be a problem with the cameras.
    Check this video. I can't hear the camera making any noise.

There is no problem with the Note 9 as this guy in the video suggests. Every Samsung phone I own from the S7 Edge, the S8+, the S9+, Note 8 and the Note 9 have made this noise when shaken. It's not a fault in the phone. It's the OIS and in reality, who goes around sharing their phone? Oh yeah, the guy in the video.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-06-2018 07:44 PM
    Give it some time. A lot of factors go into it. Do you touch the screen to focus before shooting?
    Yes, I utilize the tap to focus option
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-06-2018 07:53 PM
    Played with all sorts of camera settings and just can't seem to get consistently clear pictures. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4ec3136c59.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...97d4f51d7d.jpg
    I can't see what you're describing from these pics, I'm not saying it's not occurring for you though.
    Attached Thumbnails 3 days with the Note 9-5259.jpg  
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    09-06-2018 08:07 PM
    All I notice is my Note 9 512 rocks real hard. The end.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    09-06-2018 08:13 PM
    I can't see what you're describing from these pics, I'm not saying it's not occurring for you though.
    Yeah, it's not all too bad in that set of pics, but once I noticed it in other pics I can't un-see it LOL So, admittedly, I am now looking a bit harder at the pics.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-06-2018 08:17 PM
    The only issue I'm having is that certain apps like Twitter and Facebook keep saying that I have no internet connection on my work wifi. I'm not sure if it's the phone itself or my work wifi. I don't recall having this issue at home.
    09-06-2018 10:46 PM
    Exactly what I was thinking but like you I agree we all see and notice things differently.

My s pen appears fine and there will be some noise from the camera module if you shake the camera as it's not a static set up. They move.

This was also a compliant by some users of iPhones.

And yes I agree it's not in a person's usual user habits to shake it they way !

YouTube and forums can be excellent tools for advice and reviews but can also serve to cause confusion and worry.
    09-07-2018 12:36 AM
    I'm going to see if I still have this no connection problem when I get home. If not it's definitely my work wifi. If it does then I'm going to do the dreaded factory reset.
    09-07-2018 03:57 AM
    I'm going to see if I still have this no connection problem when I get home. If not it's definitely my work wifi. If it does then I'm going to do the dreaded factory reset.
    In the short term, did you remove your current wifi settings for those sites?

And then set them up again 👍🏻
    09-07-2018 04:04 AM
46 12