S-Pen Removal Alarm

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
It refuses to go off when I walk away from the pen. The N8 had an annoying chirp that would continuously go off.

Am I missing something?

Attachments

• 777.jpg
    777.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 306

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Since the N9 S pen is connected via Bluetooth so the range is much longer than with the N8. Try going more than 30 feet away from the pen.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Just tried it and I really don't care for it. Problem is, if the PEN comes out, you have 30+ feet before it warns you. Take in mind, no audible warning, just a message.

anon(10212606)

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
I tried mine and its about 1M.
My Note 8 was useless, once made it 2km from a bar before it sounded.

Edit ,just tried it again, and now it's not working at all.
I wonder if this can be fixed with an update .

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I tried mine and its about 1M.
My Note 8 was useless, once made it 2km from a bar before it sounded.

Edit ,just tried it again, and now it's not working at all.
I wonder if this can be fixed with an update .

It is the strangest thing lol. I can NOT get the alarm to sound!

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
So if you walk a few metres away to take photo with the remote, the alarm will sound and you got to go back and switch off the alarm? Hmm

sygnus21

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
Mine doesn't seem to be working as well. I walked from one end of my house to the other and no alarm or even a message. And yes, alarm is turned on.

MysticalDreams

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I was at the AT&T store and somehow my S-Pen popped out. I drove about 6 miles to my next stop and noticed my S-Pen was gone!! No alarm, no pop-up, nothing!! I called AT&T and they looked in the areas I was and sure enough, they found it...

Today, I found this thread, went thru the reset and tested it. I was able to walk 64 steps away from the pen and the only notification I got was to reinsert my S-Pen. I walked another 20 some steps before the alarm notification sounded and some pop up (don't remember what it said)

Have there been any new fixes? Does Note Buddy Pro add any additional support? I like my S-Flip case but maybe I need to get something like the LifeProof Next or are there other cases that secure the S-Pen too?

Side Note: Brand new 512 arrived at noon, I went to AT&T to return the 128 around 5... so within the first 5 hours the S-Pen popped out?!?!?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I was at the AT&T store and somehow my S-Pen popped out. I drove about 6 miles to my next stop and noticed my S-Pen was gone!! No alarm, no pop-up, nothing!! I called AT&T and they looked in the areas I was and sure enough, they found it...

Today, I found this thread, went thru the reset and tested it. I was able to walk 64 steps away from the pen and the only notification I got was to reinsert my S-Pen. I walked another 20 some steps before the alarm notification sounded and some pop up (don't remember what it said)

Have there been any new fixes? Does Note Buddy Pro add any additional support? I like my S-Flip case but maybe I need to get something like the LifeProof Next or are there other cases that secure the S-Pen too?

Side Note: Brand new 512 arrived at noon, I went to AT&T to return the 128 around 5... so within the first 5 hours the S-Pen popped out?!?!?

Because of your post, I just noticed this thread - mine doesn't work either. Resetting the S-Pen didn't help either! I noticed that as I got maybe 60 or 70 feet away from the pen, the pen icon at the top of the phone "grey'd" out, but no alarm or even a dialogue box???