Probably a stupid question but, I am trying to change notification sounds for all my apps yet no matter how many times I try, it stays the same default one that is set in the settings menu. Never had this issue with previous android devices.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-26-2018 07:18 PM
    Probably a stupid question but, I am trying to change notification sounds for all my apps yet no matter how many times I try, it stays the same default one that is set in the settings menu. Never had this issue with previous android devices.
    Do you want various apps having different sounds. What are a few of the apps you're working with
    08-26-2018 07:29 PM
    Do you want various apps having different sounds. What are a few of the apps you're working with
    Facebook
    Messages +
    Instagram
    Inbox

I have gone into the apps screen in settings and changed the notification sounds but it still only sounds the main system notification sound.
    08-26-2018 07:43 PM
    May have figured it out. see my shots added to this thread. It may depend on whether you use Nova Launcher, another third party launcher, or the stock launcher but I'm thinking in general you should see these options. Shouldn't matter if it's carrier or unlocked Note 9.
    Facebook
    Messages +
    Instagram
    Inbox

I have gone into the apps screen in settings and changed the notification sounds but it still only sounds the main system notification sound.
    08-27-2018 08:43 AM
    May have figured it out. see my shots added to this thread. It may depend on whether you use Nova Launcher, another third party launcher, or the stock launcher but I'm thinking in general you should see these options. Shouldn't matter if it's carrier or unlocked Note 9.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0ce901ecd1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e4fa003a88.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...42d6cdf088.jpg
    Make sure "Separate App Sound" is set to "On", otherwise it will go by the default sound.
    08-27-2018 08:43 AM
    Make sure "Separate App Sound" is set to "On", otherwise it will go by the default sound.
    Tried and failed. I guess I have lost my touch with android devices Haha. I'll keep trying
    08-27-2018 05:35 PM
    Go into settings/notifications/select app (I did email) so I hit new emails/sound/choose sound.

To do custom sounds hit my files/internal storage/notifications and put your selected custom sound on here to enable you to select them.

Changing Facebook sound for instance would be
    Settings/notifications/facebook/other notifications/sound(which says app provided sound) then choose what you like.
    08-27-2018 06:29 PM
    Go into settings/notifications/select app (I did email) so I hit new emails/sound/choose sound.

To do custom sounds hit my files/internal storage/notifications and put your selected custom sound on here to enable you to select them.

Changing Facebook sound for instance would be
    Settings/notifications/facebook/other notifications/sound(which says app provided sound) then choose what you like.
    Tried that and still nothing, I'm going to uninstall Facebook and reinstall then try again. Maybe i got a dud phone lol or my apps just don't want to cooperate
    08-27-2018 07:06 PM
    I bet it's the apps. I don't think your phones a dud
    Tried that and still nothing, I'm going to uninstall Facebook and reinstall then try again. Maybe i got a dud phone lol or my apps just don't want to cooperate
    Borarjti likes this.
    08-27-2018 07:07 PM
    I bet it's the apps. I don't think your phones a dud
    Could it have anything to do with me disabling mobile services manager? I saw a post on here that I should disable it to ensure my carrier doesn't random push stuff I don't need to the device.
    08-27-2018 08:13 PM
    Could it have anything to do with me disabling mobile services manager? I saw a post on here that I should disable it to ensure my carrier doesn't random push stuff I don't need to the device.
    Hmm. Well possibly. I dont disable much and am not familiar with that app.
    08-27-2018 08:19 PM
    Enable it again and find out. It doesn't have anything to do with it unless Verizon is playing dirty. Mine is disabled and no issues.
    08-27-2018 11:03 PM
    Enable it again and find out. It doesn't have anything to do with it unless Verizon is playing dirty. Mine is disabled and no issues.
    Tried it. I'm gonna try a few more things and then factory reset and start over its gotta be something I installed unless the phone has it's own issues lol
    08-28-2018 06:54 AM