So... All day battery life???

RandomGuy Yo

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Ever since I turned up to quad hd my battery life has been going down hill. I was pulling 24hr battery life 6hr on screen time, oh well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180906-205238_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180906-205238_Settings.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 71

EMT J

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Currently averaging 17.5 to around 20 hrs between charges with 4.5 -6hrs of screen on time depending on my usage for the day. Some days are a bit more or a bit less.

Haven't changed anything in settings outside of only using high accuracy location when using navigation. Have 7 accounts setup syncing in the background. No complaints

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I turned up to quad hd my battery life has been going down hill. I was pulling 24hr battery life 6hr on screen time, oh well.
WQHD+ may not be the reason for the difference. I've had full resolution enabled from the beginning, and I still get 24+ hours with up to 5-6 hours of screen time.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I just remembered I restored from a BlackBerry Key2 backup. Just did a factory reset going to give it a couple of days to sync / settle and see of that helps

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I was hanging out with a friend yesterday who has the 512 GB Note 9 (I have the 128 gig model) and we did an experiment. We both left with a 100% charge and compared at the end of the day. I was at 68% and he was at 86%. He doesn't have Facebook installed and he uses a black background. Otherwise our setups are fairly similar. So it could be one of these two things or it could be that the extra memory reduces CPU usage. Or something else. Like people here say, there are a lot of variables to consider.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I was hanging out with a friend yesterday who has the 512 GB Note 9 (I have the 128 gig model) and we did an experiment. We both left with a 100% charge and compared at the end of the day. I was at 68% and he was at 86%. He doesn't have Facebook installed and he uses a black background. Otherwise our setups are fairly similar. So it could be one of these two things or it could be that the extra memory reduces CPU usage. Or something else. Like people here say, there are a lot of variables to consider.

I think it's just a difference in the way your phones are set up. If there was a difference in how the 512GB performs against the 128GB, they would have listed it in the phone specs.

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I think it's just a difference in the way your phones are set up. If there was a difference in how the 512GB performs against the 128GB, they would have listed it in the phone specs.

No I saw the same thing. My 512gb has better battery than my father 128gb

Attachments

• 4083.jpg
    4083.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 59

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
So this is even better than last weekend, no power saving and light/moderate use as you can see by screen time
Exynos.
Screenshot_20180909-094032_Settings.jpg

jayk82

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I just remembered I restored from a BlackBerry Key2 backup. Just did a factory reset going to give it a couple of days to sync / settle and see of that helps
Oh man, after a factory reset on Friday night... now THIS is what I was hoping to see!!!!
8bc8eba2f289848671561033e19456b6.jpg

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've discovered something that keeps happening on my AT&T Note 9. High accuracy in location settings keeps getting turned on on it's own. when that happens, I can always tell because my usage goes way down. I set it on battery saving and eventually it switched back to high accuracy.

Google search shows this is a common problem with AT&T phones and lots of people are having this happen to them. I'll just have to keep checking it every day.

This never happened on my unlocked S9+ or my T-Mobile Note 8.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
So far I'm pleased with battery life. Past experience tells me it won't remain this good in the long run but so far so good.

All day battery life with 8+ hours of screen on time. I keep my phone on high performance but I delete all the useless apps I don't care for including the battery gulping Facebook app. I also use a dark theme and dark desktop.
27fbdfed7de8f19749db0a6876ace99b.jpg

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Obviously everyone's usage will vary but I am experiencing phenomenal battery life so far. I went to an event in Washington DC a few weeks ago where it truly tested the Note 9's battery ability. Took my phone off the charger at 7:30 am. By the time I went to bed at 11 pm I still had about 20% left on that single charge whereas my S8+ would need a charge from my external battery pack sometime during the day. My usage was moderate to heavy internet browsing, Google Maps, Messenger, SMS, the event (Book Festival) app, some Spotify and Facebook, moderate Twitter usage, as well as snapping a bunch of photos/video and taking some notes using the S-Pen.

I actually bought a 6000MaH Mophie power bank recently. Haven't had to use it yet myself. In fact, I have found with my external power supplies, my other friends end up using it for their phones. I should probably charge a usage fee at this point :) For me it's peace of mind knowing that, despite the beast battery on the Note 9, I have an extra power source to rely on but if I continue getting use like this then perhaps I will leave the power bank at home if I am away from an outlet all day.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Obviously everyone's usage will vary but I am experiencing phenomenal battery life so far.
Same here. I've owned a series of Note & S phones, and on the previous ones, I couldn't always get through a day (16 hours) of normal use (3 or 4 hours screen time) on a single charge. My Note9 gets 24+ hours with 5.5 hours screen time.

I haven't yet taken the phone traveling and sightseeing, when I'm constantly using Maps navigation, the camera, and web browsing (with a weak signal). I'll probably still need to carry a power brick when I do that all day. But otherwise, a single overnight charge suffices.

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
That graph increase is more than 5%.

Either way, I think we can all agree the Note 9 has great battery life. I still haven't had a single time yet where I don't make it through two full work days on a single charge, I routinely come to work with 55-60% left over from the previous day. This is where I'm at now:

Y8A6pNw.jpg

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Turn off background data for just about every app on the phone, especially with Facebook and you will find that your battery life improves tremendously. There are more things you can do as well but this is the biggest thing that will help now.

How do you do this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay