So... All day battery life???

kenlundy17

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
My note 9 literally loses battery at the same rate as my iphone x did. I usually take the phone off the charger at 6 a.m. Around 12, the battery is down to the 70s. I work from 8 to 11 so no access to the phone at that point. When I do use the phone, I am checking emails, Instagram, FB, and listening to a podcast on soundcloud. Is anyone else seeing their battery life not last "all day"?

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
It's easily lasting all day for me. It's at least as good as my iPhone 8 Plus with similar usage patterns (a handful of phone calls, WhatsApp and text messaging, looking things up on the web now and then, and 1-2 hours of Spotify or Google Play Music while paired with Bluetooth headphones).

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine has just been so so. I've had it since last Wednesday and always have to top off early evening or I will run out. This makes me sad bc I still have it on crappy 1080p resolution. My Huawei phones recently have been way better.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I left it off charge from about 10am yesterday until about 9am today. I still had 15% battery left. I had over 5 hours of screen on time, and did NOTHING to forcable extend the battery life. All features on like normal, allways on display, played games, checked emails, screwed around with new apps, etc.

Sure this was not "power user" level activity, but I would consider it normal for many people, and it did just fine!

At no point did Samsung suggest 24 hours of screen on time. Obviously there are litterally millions of situations, and I bet the majority of them will get all day battery...just not all of them.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
This was my day yesterday... I'm pleased... my S9 was ****

6c7a37f20966c399b1d0ed4f4d0b7dcb.jpg

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Well, there is the standard disclaimer regarding all day battery in the promotional material. Basically it says YMMV which is true. There are too many variables that effect battery life.

Attachments

• 1668.jpg
    1668.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 311

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Trying to rationalize objectivity to something comically subjective like battery life, due to variables is dubious.

Ambient temp
Brightness (biggie)
App use, type, SOT. (biggie)
Background app use
Background data use (biggie, especially if weak reception).
Signal reception (biggie)
What radios are on. Bluetooth, wifi, GPS
Volume

Too many variables to objectively compare use.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday was the first full day with mine - off the charger at 5:30am and back on at 9pm - had 46% left. But......everyone will get different battery life depending on how heavy (or light) a user you are, what's running, etc.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I can easily get all day battery life. usually have around 50 percent left before I go to bed. I have noticed standby time is better than any other Galaxy so far. And I leave the AOD display on 24\7

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
That's an impressive amount of battery remaining at the end of the day, especially considering your combination of standby and screen-on time!
And it's improving... almost same exact usage time... but 40% left instead of 32%... I'm sure it will taper off since hasn't even been a week yet... still damn impressed!

dd28e99619058e0af20e056da7b6a544.jpg

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I'm getting slightly better battery life than the iPhone X I had before the Note 9. I'm at 71% at 10:20 pm central and I took it off the charger at about 14 hours ago. I am a light-to-medium user with spurts of heavy usage.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Here is mine. I'm happy as my note 8 wild need to be charged by the time I got home from work.

Attachments

• 1796.jpg
    1796.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 505

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Not sure how big a difference this makes but I have a black wallpaper. I'm getting easy 8 hours of SOT. Today, right now I'm at 7 hrs 20 minutes and still have 20% left.

theurbantwist

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is easily the best thing about this phone for me. And I'm a super power user. I email and blog from my phone and run 10+ social media accounts from my phone. Plus I go to gym and watch Netflix for an hour then listen to music for another hour or so. Not to mention I stream music whenever I'm in my car. Or use the GPS.

Yesterday for example, I took phone off charger at around 10AM and at around 7PM the battery was at like 10 percent which I am totally fine with due to my heavy activity and usage.

I've been leaving phone unplugged all night while I sleep just to test things out and only see like a 5 percent droppage. Which is pretty solid for 8 hours approximately of it being unplugged. So if you were to times that by 3 {24 hours), the battery life could easily last a complete day with minimum usage. But for me, I consider a day to be 8 to 10 hours since usually within 8 hours id have access to a charger of some kind anyway if I needed a boost.

I think when Samsung said all day battery, they meant in the literal sense that it is in fact possible. But the majority of us will probably never actually reach that 24 hour threshold due to our usage and I'm fine with that.

theurbantwist

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how big a difference this makes but I have a black wallpaper. I'm getting easy 8 hours of SOT. Today, right now I'm at 7 hrs 20 minutes and still have 20% left.

Pretty much my story. I love the battery life. My old phone would have died 3-4 times. I had to always have it plugged in when I wasn't using it. There were times when I was in gym with old phone and had to charge it while working out. I'd go in the gym with 70 percent, workout for about 2 hours and phone is about to die.

I went to gym today with Note 9 at 30 percent, did my thing... Worked out for 2+ hours approximately while watching Netflix and listening to music. Left the gym around 15 percent.

A big change from my old way of life trying to scramble for a charger.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
All day finally. Heavy uses as well, I'm so glad Samsung put the
4,000 mAh battery in this. Phone seems a little warmer as soon as I put in the charging cable, but notices it cools after about 10 minutes while charging. Other than that, an excellent experience so far.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000