First drop of the phone

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
First drop occurred today while on a bike ride. I had the Note 9 in the UAG Monarch case, in my Ram mount. Mount had a stretchy supportive web to help hold it to the mount, though I hadnt put that on for this ride. Until I came across a section of road with really poorly done repair work-got to it going 15 to 20 mph. As soon as I hit it there was a lot of vibration from the bumps and the phone went flying out of the ram mount and bounced onto the road a few times. I slid the bike to a stop almost sideways to grab the phone as quick as I could. Off the side of the road I checked it over really well, taking the case off. ZERO damage and the case has one small scuff on the edge. So happy. Put the phone back in the mount WITH the supportive webbing attached this time, and finished the ride.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Boom, phone goes down! But wait, what's this? It's getting back up, it's totally fine - ladies and gentlemen, phone is made out of Rocky Balboa! Phone is getting up, and it's back in the fight and you're not going to believe this, but it seems to be even stronger now!

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow! The case did its job... maybe I should order one of those! I'm currently using a Spigen Tough Armor as I have on all of my phones for the past few years.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Since these phones cost $1k, I make it a point to avoid dropping it. And when it does every few years or so, I usually can get it to bounce off a foot.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I dont drop it often but like having a good supportive case just in case I do.
Since these phones cost $1k, I make it a point to avoid dropping it. And when it does every few years or so, I usually can get it to bounce off a foot.

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
My sister, mom, and I have all dropped our Note 9s already haha... No cracks, no damages. Phone cases and screen protectors did their job :) Not exactly the most careful with our phones, which is why we were on the fence on getting the Note 9.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Y'all need to stop damn near giving me a heart attack. I cringe as soon as I read title. Lol. Glad your phone is ok.