pre order headphones

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
For those worrying about 'missing out' because their 512GB phones will ship late, it MIGHT be possible that they run out (they won't, you'll just probably gonna be waiting in line for a very very long time), BUT if they do (like another poster said), you will still get something out of it. If for some reason the headphones are no longer available, you will get the equivalent amount in a Samsung.com gift card (or you can arrange for other similarly-valued compensation with a Samsung rep, if it comes to that).

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
At what point will we know if or when the headphones will no longer available? I wish there was some sort of count of how many are left.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My status says delivery by 8pm tonight, but it also says Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel.

So I doubt it will actually come tonight

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
At what point will we know if or when the headphones will no longer available? I wish there was some sort of count of how many are left.

Unlike other promos, this one doesn't specify a set number of available gifts. However, this is a line item that the store carries regularly, so unless AKG discontinues the model, all you would see is a backorder status for a while. You can see if the item is available if you try to purchase them directly from Samsung.com and have an idea of shipping dates (i.e. 'This item ships on the week of September 10' or something like that).

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
My delivery date was changed from yesterday(Thursday. Friday here now) to Tuesday. Still earlier than they said tho. Lol. Originally they said week of Sept 10.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
For those worrying about 'missing out' because their 512GB phones will ship late, it MIGHT be possible that they run out (they won't, you'll just probably gonna be waiting in line for a very very long time), BUT if they do (like another poster said), you will still get something out of it. If for some reason the headphones are no longer available, you will get the equivalent amount in a Samsung.com gift card (or you can arrange for other similarly-valued compensation with a Samsung rep, if it comes to that).

The way I read the terms, it sounds like the number of gifts are still limited to the number stated in the promotion. The gift card would apply if they run out of headphones before the number of allocated gifts are reached. I'd guess it's a way to cover themselves in case of an unresolvable supply issue.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
The headphones arrived this morning and I've been listening with them for a couple of hours now. I gotta be honest, I think some of the criticism on these is a bit harsh. Some people (even Flossy) said these aren't even worth $150. I have to disagree, these guys aren't bad at all. Now - I will say I am a fan of on ear headphones and don't really prefer over the ears (my ears get tired pretty fast)....but these are nice. Would I pay $300 retail for them - probably not. I'd say they would be a good value probably around the $200 range...but as Floss said in his review, for free, definitely.

Probably will rock these are my main headphones (in combination with my Airpods) for a while. They are comfortable, and they sounds pretty decent.

P.S. Shameless plug - I mentioned Airpods - if you don't have a pair, they play nice with Samsung and they ARE my favorite headphones and probably my favorite product Apple has made in the last 5 years. Can't wear them for a super long time because of the fit but they are my going out headphones all the time.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
P.S. Shameless plug - I mentioned Airpods - if you don't have a pair, they play nice with Samsung and they ARE my favorite headphones and probably my favorite product Apple has made in the last 5 years. Can't wear them for a super long time because of the fit but they are my going out headphones all the time.

Agree, airpods is one of the best products from Apple in recent years. I use them all the time with my iPhone and for me personally they fit great and comfortable. The most comfortable out of all the wireless ear buds (have used them all). Worst is the pixel buds which sounds great but fit was horrible for me. Have used the Gear icon X as well but for now with my Note 9 and Android phones I have settled with Jabra Elite 65t.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Agree, airpods is one of the best products from Apple in recent years. I use them all the time with my iPhone and for me personally they fit great and comfortable. The most comfortable out of all the wireless ear buds (have used them all). Worst is the pixel buds which sounds great but fit was horrible for me. Have used the Gear icon X as well but for now with my Note 9 and Android phones I have settled with Jabra Elite 65t.

Didn't care for the Gear Icon X myself. Don't really like the earbuds that go inside your ear. Regarding Airpods though, I hear people all the time tell me they don't like them because they are uncomfortable. That tells ms that they have never tired airpods and are judging them solely on how earpods (the wired ones) fit. I say this because, there really is no way to "try" air pods unless you buy them. You can't test them at Apple stores or like Best Buy, and unless you have a friend that will let you try them.....yeah I'm going with 90% of these folks have never tried Air Pods.

I HATE ear pods. Literally the WORST headphones in existence if you ask me - and the culprit is the cable. The tiny, tiny bit of weight you get from that dangling cord is enough to F those headphones into oblivion. When I bought the Airpods I expected to hate them too, based on my experience with Earpods, but I got them because everyone was raving on them so hard. But yeah, I love the Airpods.

Okay, sorry Apple rant over.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth the wired earbuds fit perfectly for me and I love them as well just for the fit. Earpods/airpods and Bose earbuds are the ones which are most comfortable to me personally. I buy and have used ton of them over the years, in terms of comfort earbuds Apple and Bose were top for me. But that depends from person to person, for my wife the apple ones doesn't fit properly at all. May be she has weird ear shape or may be mine is but in my house itself we have exactly opposite scenario. Fits perfect for me and super comfortable, for my wife exact opposite.
Didn't care for the Gear Icon X myself. Don't really like the earbuds that go inside your ear. Regarding Airpods though, I hear people all the time tell me they don't like them because they are uncomfortable. That tells ms that they have never tired airpods and are judging them solely on how earpods (the wired ones) fit. I say this because, there really is no way to "try" air pods unless you buy them. You can't test them at Apple stores or like Best Buy, and unless you have a friend that will let you try them.....yeah I'm going with 90% of these folks have never tried Air Pods.

I HATE ear pods. Literally the WORST headphones in existence if you ask me - and the culprit is the cable. The tiny, tiny bit of weight you get from that dangling cord is enough to F those headphones into oblivion. When I bought the Airpods I expected to hate them too, based on my experience with Earpods, but I got them because everyone was raving on them so hard. But yeah, I love the Airpods.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site

Disagree, I tried Airpods on 2 occasions and couldn't bring myself to keep them. Both times they were super uncomfortable after 30 minutes to the point where the back of my head and behind my ears were hurting. They may work for you but many people have had this same issue with headaches due to the fit. Its hard plastic sitting inside your ear with no cushioning.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Disagree, I tried Airpods on 2 occasions and couldn't bring myself to keep them. Both times they were super uncomfortable after 30 minutes to the point where the back of my head and behind my ears were hurting. They may work for you but many people have had this same issue with headaches due to the fit. Its hard plastic sitting inside your ear with no cushioning.

I still say that MOST people probably judge them based on how earpods feel. And there is a difference. But that's fair if you actually tried them and didn't like them then fair enough.

Anyway, back on subject. I like the AKG set.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The way I read the terms, it sounds like the number of gifts are still limited to the number stated in the promotion. The gift card would apply if they run out of headphones before the number of allocated gifts are reached. I'd guess it's a way to cover themselves in case of an unresolvable supply issue.

Those terms have always been there (it's pretty standard for any promo). The difference is that in the past they HAVE stated an actual number of available gifts (like with the free Netflix year and Gear VR headsets). This time around, they do cover their bases in their legal lingo, but there is no set (not publicly) number, which doesn't necessarily mean they'll 'run out' more than 'we have reached enough orders to where we are better off not giving these away and just giving you the money so you can spend it on overpriced stuff on our site' (remember, these are selling for about 200 on Amazon, not the Samsung-stated price).

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
My headphone submission got approved today morning, shipping last week of September.

They are way ahead of schedule it seems. Mine were set for shipping week of Sept 10th and they arrived today. Seems like they are going out in batches too as others getting them same day. Probably get yours later next week.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Those terms have always been there (it's pretty standard for any promo). The difference is that in the past they HAVE stated an actual number of available gifts (like with the free Netflix year and Gear VR headsets). This time around, they do cover their bases in their legal lingo, but there is no set (not publicly) number, which doesn't necessarily mean they'll 'run out' more than 'we have reached enough orders to where we are better off not giving these away and just giving you the money so you can spend it on overpriced stuff on our site' (remember, these are selling for about 200 on Amazon, not the Samsung-stated price).

When I first looked at the promotion details well before the release date, it actually did state a number for both items. I wanna say it was 114k or 144k for the headphones and something like 50k for the fortnite vbucks. I don't see that anymore but it still says a limited quantity. They may have changed it since. My guess would be due to the severe delays with the 512 blue units. Hard to say, but it still says limited quantity. Either way, I doubt they will be giving away eCertificates. I certainly wouldn't count on it anyways.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
They are way ahead of schedule it seems. Mine were set for shipping week of Sept 10th and they arrived today. Seems like they are going out in batches too as others getting them same day. Probably get yours later next week.

Lol yeah. First mine said ship around Sept 10th. Got FedEx notice on Tuesday saying shipment info sent to FedEx. Said delivery date yesterday. Then FedEx picked it up late last night. Said delivery date Tuesday. It traveled from Plainfield Indiana to Indianapolis to Louisville Kentucky to back where I'm at in Georgetown Indiana this morning lol. Got here at 9:30am. Just now bout to open them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz