pre order headphones

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Well I played with the headphone for a couple minutes only cause I wanted to charge them and I think they sound great. But I can only compare them to my LG tone bluetooth headphones that's sit on back of neck and pull the ear buds out and put in ear. These akg sound 100x better lol. I usually dont like on the ear headphones or whatever these are called but they seem comfortable but I'll have to test that out longer later. They way better than these wired headphones that come with the phones. So compared to what I've been using I got one hell of great deal lol.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
The headphones when used in wired mode lose a LOT of the punch they have when in the Bluetooth mode. Not really feeling that part of it...You would think you would get better sound quality when using the audio jack.

screwhead728

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I got the headphones yesterday and I have to say I'm impressed. They sound great! I also have the Sony 1000XM2, and I think the Sony and the Bose are the best ones out there. And I also dont agree with Flossy Carter, these are no $100 headphones, I would say $200.

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I love these things
I have the Hesh 3 and a few around the neck Bluetooth ear sets. These are a favorite right now!
6ca7a5d1d303d1df4e3b7e0856d94f86.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The headphones when used in wired mode lose a LOT of the punch they have when in the Bluetooth mode. Not really feeling that part of it...You would think you would get better sound quality when using the audio jack.

Check if any EQ settings kick in when you plug in the cable. That can greatly affect audio through the headphones (like Dolby... or using Spotify's EQ on top of the phone's EQ on top of Dolby)

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Yeah I think they sound better thru bluetooth than when plugged in. But I haven't messed with the settings yet either. I'll mess with the Dolby or whatever settings next time I try them

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Damn. I was listening to the headphones while doing dishes and as soon as I took them off I realized I had developed a headache. Anyone else get a headache from them? Might be because I'm not used to these type of headphones.

jjjjcccc

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
I registered for the AKG headphones on Aug 28th, and received confirmation today (3 days later) that it will be shipped the week of Sept 24th.

It seems everyone is getting the same standard shipment date - hope it comes earlier!

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Just got my headphones today. Wow, these are great. Admittedly I'm not an audiophile (I have a pair of Beats Solo 3, which I'm told is amateurish). But the noise cancellation on these headpphones is pretty great.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Just got my headphones today. Wow, these are great. Admittedly I'm not an audiophile (I have a pair of Beats Solo 3, which I'm told is amateurish). But the noise cancellation on these headpphones is pretty great.
Basically how I feel. I have those beats too, these are more comfortable for me

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The headphones arrived this morning and I've been listening with them for a couple of hours now. I gotta be honest, I think some of the criticism on these is a bit harsh. Some people (even Flossy) said these aren't even worth $150. I have to disagree, these guys aren't bad at all. Now - I will say I am a fan of on ear headphones and don't really prefer over the ears (my ears get tired pretty fast)....but these are nice. Would I pay $300 retail for them - probably not. I'd say they would be a good value probably around the $200 range...but as Floss said in his review, for free, definitely.

Probably will rock these are my main headphones (in combination with my Airpods) for a while. They are comfortable, and they sounds pretty decent.

P.S. Shameless plug - I mentioned Airpods - if you don't have a pair, they play nice with Samsung and they ARE my favorite headphones and probably my favorite product Apple has made in the last 5 years. Can't wear them for a super long time because of the fit but they are my going out headphones all the time.

I got tired of the auto connect being flakey, with no button you just have to keep pouring them back into their case until they decide to play nice. Sold them with my apple watch