Caseology Skyfall - feedback (not very good)

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
A trick we use to do on Otterbox screen covers which may work for this, is to use a bottle of baby powder, and turn the inside of the cover upside down holding it about 6 inches or so above the bottle. Lightly squeeze the bottle to do a puff of baby powder out of it on the case inside of it. And then put your phone inside of it. It prevents that from happening as you see on your case.

Wouldn’t that gunk up the look of an otherwise clear case?

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
thank God for this case lol, i didnt have a good grip on it when taking it out of my pocket and i thought my phone was a goner and when i picked it up it looked cracked. but upon closer inspection there was a few scratches on the outside of the case and some cat hairs inside.

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Wow. My purple Skyfall with my purple phone looks great and it's actually my favorite. That one and my clear Glitter Spigen.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Wow. My purple Skyfall with my purple phone looks great and it's actually my favorite. That one and my clear Glitter Spigen.

What clear Spigen are you referring to? I have emailed replies back to Caseology and they're just not very good to deal with I guess. They're not reading what I'm actually saying and so they ended up refunding me instead of offering a better solution or another case. I really like the case I just don't like the annoying mark that it leaves on the back of the phone.:(

Davenurse

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine and so far no slick. For those who got it how long did it take before it appeared on the back of the case? I'm a few hours in so far and nothing.......

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine and so far no slick. For those who got it how long did it take before it appeared on the back of the case? I'm a few hours in so far and nothing.......

Oh mine started in 5 to 10 minutes. You’re lucky then. I did get a reply from them and all they did was credited my account. I wanted to know how to get rid of the slick spot as what I tried did not work. I was hoping maybe for an updated version if they had one. Now to decide whether to try a third time taking the case off and putting it back on. I don’t want to hit the edge of the screen protector as the edges seem like they’re lifting. Enjoy your case!

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
What clear Spigen are you referring to? I have emailed replies back to Caseology and they're just not very good to deal with I guess. They're not reading what I'm actually saying and so they ended up refunding me instead of offering a better solution or another case. I really like the case I just don't like the annoying mark that it leaves on the back of the phone.:(
Sorry for the late reply. This is the case I bought. It has a dot matrix on the inside so no slick on the back and it looks great too. Very beautiful! >>
Spigen Liquid Crystal Galaxy Note 9 Case with Slim Protection and Premium Clarity for Galaxy Note 9 (2018) - Glitter Crystal Quartz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FN7X55...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6333783
f0c2f962561501d0c83fb8646d36afbd.jpg

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply. This is the case I bought. It has a dot matrix on the inside so no slick on the back and it looks great too. Very beautiful! >>
Spigen Liquid Crystal Galaxy Note 9 Case with Slim Protection and Premium Clarity for Galaxy Note 9 (2018) - Glitter Crystal Quartz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FN7X55...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6333792//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180906/f0c2f962561501d0c83fb8646d36afbd.jpg

Thanks I’ll check it out.

Davenurse

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

So just a follow up on this case. I've had it on for a few days now and this will be my case. There is no slick on the back, looks perfect. I got the Ringke Fusion X and although I like the look of that case better I have 2 issues. One is that the case is much thinner than the Caseology one, not sure how much protection it would provide in a drop. The other is the purple color is nowhere near the color of the phone, Caseology matches perfectly. Hope this helps out.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So just a follow up on this case. I've had it on for a few days now and this will be my case. There is no slick on the back, looks perfect. I got the Ringke Fusion X and although I like the look of that case better I have 2 issues. One is that the case is much thinner than the Caseology one, not sure how much protection it would provide in a drop. The other is the purple color is nowhere near the color of the phone, Caseology matches perfectly. Hope this helps out.

Glad the Skyfall worked out for you. I recleaned it yesterday and tried again. Third time was not a charm. The dreaded slick spot returned and drove me nuts all day. If I pried the side of the case off a little the spot would get smaller. But I was doing it all night every time I saw the spot. And it would return. The company has been less than helpful. Today I took the case off before I headed out. I just put on the Ringke metallic wave in purple. So far so good. Ibjust really wanted a nice clear case as I have never used one before.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Oh darn I have that case coming tomorrow. I wanted that to be my premier case I guess not. I have the Ringke purple wave and I have the Caseology Legion. But I thought I’d try a clear case as I’ve never showcase the phone before.
Ringke fusion is awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz