I am thinking of getting the 512 gb through Amazon, and they are saying that they can deliver it pretty fast. I called Tmobile, and the only thing that they could tell me was that I may have problems with mobile hotspot. Does anyone have an unlocked phone on Tmobile? Do you get HD Voice and good internet speeds? Any features missing that I would need to know about? Thanks!
    08-28-2018 04:38 PM
    AFAIK WiFi Calling and HD Voice is what you'd be missing with an unlocked model on most any network.

This is an AT&T Thread but for the most part it should hold up to the experience on T-Mo as well (except for the visual voicemail, that T-Mobile does have a separate app download... you might have to open the app manually, though, and not through the dialer as the carrier-branded version does).
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ml#post6324387
    08-28-2018 05:20 PM
    I have an unlocked iPhone 7 plus that is on a T-Mobile SIM and I have no problems with the WiFi hotspot.

Also, I think it has widely been discussed here that of all the carriers, only T-Mobile seems to permit Wifi calling with unlocked phones.
    08-28-2018 05:31 PM
    AFAIK WiFi Calling and HD Voice is what you'd be missing with an unlocked model on most any network.

This is an AT&T Thread but for the most part it should hold up to the experience on T-Mo as well (except for the visual voicemail, that T-Mobile does have a separate app download... you might have to open the app manually, though, and not through the dialer as the carrier-branded version does).
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ml#post6324387
    I did a little research and for the most part, I think you get everything, I just can't find anything on the HD Voice..AFAIK, AT&T is very strict.
    08-28-2018 05:33 PM
    I'm using my unlocked Note 9 on T-Mobile and I can confirm that WiFi calling works.
    SpookDroid and rcwheelman like this.
    08-29-2018 01:57 AM