Blue shift on my Note 9??

polbit

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my Note 9, form Verizon. I currently have Note 8.

Setting up the Note 9, with all-white Settings screen, I noticed the small angles would shift the tint to blue, almost like Pixel 2XL. I put my Note 8 side-by-side with the Note 9, and what a difference! Note 8 stays uniform until pretty extreme angles. Note 9 is really bad.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, so did I just luck out and got a lemon? Can anybody else confirm how the blue shift is on their N9?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Setting up the Note 9, with all-white Settings screen, I noticed the small angles would shift the tint to blue, almost like Pixel 2XL. I put my Note 8 side-by-side with the Note 9, and what a difference! Note 8 stays uniform until pretty extreme angles. Note 9 is really bad.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, so did I just luck out and got a lemon? Can anybody else confirm how the blue shift is on their N9?
None here

May 30, 2013
Visit site
If it bothers you, take it back and exchange it or get your money back. If it's as bad as the Pixel 2 XL, I would be disappointed also.

My Note 9 has no blue shift at all.

polbit

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Two Verizon stores and three hours of my life I can never get back later, and my second Note 9 is much better - same as my Note 8. There is definitely variability in production, and it's definitely considered normal according to pretty much every Verizon employee, managers included.

The ONLY reason I got the exchange done was because the manager at the second store pulled out his personal Note 9 claiming it looks just like mine, then we compared, and his was even better than my Note 8.

Anyway, long story short, I got another Note 9, and it's back to being awesome!

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site

Just to be clear the Pixel 2 XL uses an LG display that is inferior to what Samsung makes. I just turned in my Pixel 2xl for the Note 9 and what a difference. Also remember the pixel 2 uses Samsung displays and there were no issues with those.

Just want to keep things in perspective.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz