battery and always on display

adajmk

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Just came back to android after several years and new to the always on display. I love the feature but worry that it may be a battery drain.

For example, I am currently at 65% battery with approximately 23h left. When I toggle the medium power saving mode it gives me the option to turn AOD off. Within the medium power saving mode I can get :
4h 21m more battery usage with AOD off or
1h 31m more battery usage with AOD left on

That 3 hour difference seems like a lot to me. I like the feature but also like 3 additional hours of battery life Does AOD really impact battery that much?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
You can check it in the power saving settings, under Battery Usage - It's listed as an item there. It's about 5 or 6% per day for me. Not a big deal.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Your not alone in wanting to know about how AOD uses battery.

For me the increased functionality of AOD is an acceptable trade off in regards to battery usage.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Just came back to android after several years and new to the always on display. I love the feature but worry that it may be a battery drain.

For example, I am currently at 65% battery with approximately 23h left. When I toggle the medium power saving mode it gives me the option to turn AOD off. Within the medium power saving mode I can get :
4h 21m more battery usage with AOD off or
1h 31m more battery usage with AOD left on

That 3 hour difference seems like a lot to me. I like the feature but also like 3 additional hours of battery life Does AOD really impact battery that much?

Instead of trusting those estimates. Run one day with AOD on. Run the next day with AOD off. That will give you the delta for your unique usage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay