Moisture detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Ugh now mine decided to say this. I will get in touch with them soon. Using the wireless charger for now. Phone has not gotten wet.
fc9401d79700b7ef52829009ce14167d.jpg

nettech207

May 23, 2012
Visit site
My note 8 did that i ended up replacing the charger port problem went away.Samsung wanted me to send the phone to them without a replacement and wait 2 weeks.screw that i repair phones for a living they wouldn't even send me a stupid charging port had to order one myself. glad your problem was solved with some air

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My note 8 did that i ended up replacing the charger port problem went away.Samsung wanted me to send the phone to them without a replacement and wait 2 weeks.screw that i repair phones for a living they wouldn't even send me a stupid charging port had to order one myself. glad your problem was solved with some air
May have gotten a little road grime in there from the sailing trip onto the pavement it took a few days back. Appears nice and clean in there though

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me with S9+. Tried different ways to dry and took four hours to go away. Only time ever having the issue with any device.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I break, You Fix is a great service that can possibly help you? They deal with Samsung directly, and use official Samsung parts... I have used there services on two different occasions and I am VERY IMPRESSED!

riceastwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
It's the weather causing this issue. Same issue on my wife's S8+ and my S9+. When it happened which was a month ago it was during the heat wave then we had rain for a few day here in NYC and woke up and both phones had this message. Took them to Verizon and believe it or not there the tech said he had the same issue and he had at least 20 people in 2 days with the same problem. I just bought 2 wireless charges and left. It only happened twice and the 2nd time was last week. So I chalked it up to the heat and humidity.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It's the weather causing this issue. Same issue on my wife's S8+ and my S9+. When it happened which was a month ago it was during the heat wave then we had rain for a few day here in NYC and woke up and both phones had this message. Took them to Verizon and believe it or not there the tech said he had the same issue and he had at least 20 people in 2 days with the same problem. I just bought 2 wireless charges and left. It only happened twice and the 2nd time was last week. So I chalked it up to the heat and humidity.
This, the sensor is to sensitive imo.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
It's not always direct contact with water than can cause this issue.

Sometimes changes in temperature can cause moisture.

In most cases the message should go away after less than an hour.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Definitely heat and humidity here. Close to 90 yesterday

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
That's weird. I have ran mine under water to clean it off twice since I have had it and never once had I received that message yet. Hmmmm.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
That's weird. I have ran mine under water to clean it off twice since I have had it and never once had I received that message yet.
It's a bit random. One of the first things I do with an IP68 device is turn it on and dunk it in a transparent container full of water while videoing the whole process, so if the water resistance is grossly defective I can find out immediately and provide proof. I've occasionally gotten temporary moisture warnings afterward, but usually not.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
It's a random fault that both S8 models and Note8 also had, my first note 8 had it and I ended up having to send it in for warranty repair as none of the fixes or factory reset would cure it

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I saw that message a few days ago. Weird cause I never saw it on the N8. Anyway, I used compressed air then a blow dryer. haven't seen it since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante