Need advice on the Note 9.

RedMage36

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Kinda in a situation here.

So I originally had a note 8, and I couldn't wait for the Note 9. I really really wanted the 512 gb, but the wait for Tmobile was way too long, so I opted for the 128 gb version instead.

Well, now I kind of have buyer's remorse. I love the Note 9, its an awesome phone, but I want the bigger one(512 gb). I unfortunately have already sent my note 8 back because I did a jump upgrade so now I don't know what to do. I can't get my note 8 back and I have to have a phone. I figured my options are these.

1. I can just suck it up and keep the 128 gb, there will always be next year(Note 10 anyone?)

2. I can return the 128 gb Note 9 and try to get one from Amazon, however, I am nervous about that because I have never had an unlocked phone before and I don't know how well it will be on Tmobile's network. I am worried that if anything happens to the phone or if it acts up, they will blame the fact that it is unlocked. Also, if it breaks or something happens to it, then I don't know what to do because I won't have insurance on it since I didn't get it through my carrier.

3. I can order ANOTHER Note 9, wait for it to come in, and then try to sell the one that I currently have or keep it.

So as you can see, I am kinda in a bind..what would you do?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
There's not much info yet on the difference between 6gb and 8gb of ram to be fair.

There's a thread on here discussing people's opinions on it.

I bought the Black Note 9 512gb because I tend to leave loads of pages open but the 6gb of ram was fine with the Note 8 so should be ok with the 9.

People's opinions are that the 8gb will come into play if you use Dex.

Do you have a returns period or restocking option ?

Last edited:

RedMage36

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
There's not much info yet on the difference between 6gb and 8gb of ram to be fair.

There's a thread on here didcisdjbg people's opinions on it.

I bought the Black Note 9 512gb because I tend to leave loads of pages open but the 6gb of ram was fine with the Note 8 so should be ok with the 9.

People's opinions are that the 8gb will come into play if you use Dex.

Do you have a returns period or restocking option ?

I do if I return the 128, but then im stuck with no phone at all.