Sport mode in the camera

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Omg... it was that simple all this time? Lol i feel dumb now. Thank you tho, you saved me from being really disappointed with the camera. :)

Just make sure you don't disable it in the Camera settings (you can set the 'Hold Camera Button' option to take a burst shot, take a single picture, or automatically create a GIF).

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah burst mode has always been available for the longest on Samsung devices. Never bothered with the sport mode. Maybe that's why they finally decided to get rid of it.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I know that, but that's what Sammy calls it (don't blame me, I didn't design their phones! haha). Like the poster above said, now they do include the ACTUAL aperture setting in there since they have their fancy dual-aperture lens, but in the past, they only had shutter speed under what THEY labeled 'A'...which many have said must stand for Aperture Time.

I have the Note 5, Note 8, and S7. Three generations of Samsung manual controls and I have no A, nor does it say Aperture anywhere. However they do use the aperture icon which is odd.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
It's gone, unfortunately (hopefully they bring it back, but at present, it's not in the stock options and not available for download...actually no camera modes are available for download this time). Might be because they're pushing their AI-powered mode and 'sports' might kick in when such a scene is detected? Or you can always use Pro Mode and adjust the shutter settings to your liking (which is really what Sports mode ended up doing, except you can take even faster shots with Pro Mode).

If so, Samsung hasn't done such a great job here. I realized sport mode was gone when taking photos of my (fast-moving) niece and nephew. Basically every photo of the kids was blurry because...well, they don't stop and pose for them. Sport mode used to be a good solution to this kind of thing. Unfortunate that they got rid of it.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
If so, Samsung hasn't done such a great job here. I realized sport mode was gone when taking photos of my (fast-moving) niece and nephew. Basically every photo of the kids was blurry because...well, they don't stop and pose for them. Sport mode used to be a good solution to this kind of thing. Unfortunate that they got rid of it.
Use burst mode.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Good call, I'll try that out!

Still wish Samsung hadn't eliminated a perfectly good feature though.
Honestly once I starting using burst mode long ago there really wasn't any point in using sport mode. Sometimes even sport still wasn't fast enough for my kids.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Definitely missing sports mode here on the Note 9 too. Getting lots of blurry shots indoors of my dog that my S8+ did better with with sports mode.

I've tried Pro mode, but it's dark and grainy. Burst mode just gets a burst of blurry action shots. Outside in good lighting, action shots are fine, but indoor shots I'm not happy.

If Samsung doesn't bring back sports mode, are there any 3rd party apps that could work?

Inquisitorkitten

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Definitely missing sports mode here on the Note 9 too. Getting lots of blurry shots indoors of my dog that my S8+ did better with with sports mode.

I've tried Pro mode, but it's dark and grainy. Burst mode just gets a burst of blurry action shots. Outside in good lighting, action shots are fine, but indoor shots I'm not happy.

If Samsung doesn't bring back sports mode, are there any 3rd party apps that could work?

Ive tried a few, not found anything yet. Im going to look again tonight, ill update if i find something. Beating a dead horse, i know, but im pretty disappointed by this.

Kim Bazzle-Hall

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Its gone? Its not there and i can't find it to download. I use it all the time to take pics of my cat bc she's always moving, and just regular auto just doesnt take pics fast enough. Sport mode let me take pics as fast as i could hit the shutter.

If not, is there a good replacement? I downloaded a couple but photo quality was crappy. Taking a burst of 50 pics or whatever is fine, but i just wsnt one where i can take pics as fast as i can tap the button.

Honeybunny thanks you in advance.

Kim Bazzle-Hall

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Sorry, I'd be NO HELP to you. I actually had to Google what the "sports" mode was used for because i had no clue lol and it brought me to this website. However... Honeybunny has to be one of the cutest things ever! Good luck on your search.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12