I used Facebook quite a bit as I run some groups. So sometimes I’m on my iPad sometimes my phone. I have been researching some other things so I was on my iPad and I was commenting in some threads. My phone was dinging with the notifications but I realized the notifications are about six minutes behind the actual posts. Has anyone else had this issue? My previous phone the note 5 was right on task.
    08-31-2018 02:46 PM
    I noticed that even on my S9+. I have an LG tab that's usually connected and my laptop is almost always on as well. FB notifications would pop on my tab and PC, and my S9 would always ding last. The Samsung FB app has always been a point of contention for many, including myself.
    08-31-2018 03:23 PM
    I noticed that even on my S9+. I have an LG tab that's usually connected and my laptop is almost always on as well. FB notifications would pop on my tab and PC, and my S9 would always ding last. The Samsung FB app has always been a point of contention for many, including myself.
    But I am coming for my note 5 and my notifications were always on point. I’m getting a little bit of buyers regret I think. Just had my first phone call and the sound quality wasn’t very good. I really should’ve tried the phone before putting the case on it. Not sure if it’s due to the case or if it’s the phone
    08-31-2018 04:13 PM
    I used Facebook quite a bit as I run some groups. So sometimes I’m on my iPad sometimes my phone. I have been researching some other things so I was on my iPad and I was commenting in some threads. My phone was dinging with the notifications but I realized the notifications are about six minutes behind the actual posts. Has anyone else had this issue? My previous phone the note 5 was right on task.
    I had the same issue with several apps that I wanted immediate notifications for. My issue was that the battery optimization.

Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery > Battery Usage > Optimize battery usage (upper right corner) > All Apps (Drop down on left)

Turn off the apps you want notifications for immediately.
    09-02-2018 08:18 AM
    I had the same issue with several apps that I wanted immediate notifications for. My issue was that the battery optimization.

Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery > Battery Usage > Optimize battery usage (upper right corner) > All Apps (Drop down on left)

Turn off the apps you want notifications for immediately.
    Turn off or do you mean turn on? I have the Battery optimization on medium Power saving. I also had over an hour delay in getting text messages. I contacted T-Mobile yesterday and they did a network reset. Hoping that helps but it hasn't with Facebook.
    09-02-2018 12:03 PM
    Turn off or do you mean turn on? I have the Battery optimization on medium Power saving. I also had over an hour delay in getting text messages. I contacted T-Mobile yesterday and they did a network reset. Hoping that helps but it hasn't with Facebook.
    Medium power saving mode turns off background app network usage over WiFi and mobile data. If you want to use that level of power saving go into the mid power saving settings and switch on background network usage otherwise it will prevent many notifications from coming through. Of course, doing so will negate some of the power savings of that setting. I don’t think it’s an issue with your phone or carrier network, but the actions of the power saving mode.
    09-02-2018 12:43 PM
    Medium power saving mode turns off background app network usage over WiFi and mobile data. If you want to use that level of power saving go into the mid power saving settings and switch on background network usage otherwise it will prevent many notifications from coming through. Of course, doing so will negate some of the power savings of that setting. I don’t think it’s an issue with your phone or carrier network, but the actions of the power saving mode.
    Thanks could be though I did use that setting on my note 5 and had no issues getting my notifications. I’ll try it out thanks
    09-02-2018 01:01 PM
    You want it turned off. Turning it on means you want the battery optimization for that app on. This is not what you want if you want the notifications to come in immediately.
    09-02-2018 01:03 PM
    You want it turned off. Turning it on means you want the battery optimization for that app on. This is not what you want if you want the notifications to come in immediately.
    I went into that setting and they’re all turned off already. I made the change above based on the person aboves suggestion. Facebook isn’t even listed on there. Looks like the only two that have an option really are email and apps edge The rest are grayed out.
    09-02-2018 01:14 PM