03-15-2019 10:51 AM
284 ... 101112
tools
    [QUOTE=pizza_pablo;6481783]I've discovered that this is the most difficult smartphone I've used to press and hold something. The screen moves under my finger. It usually takes three or four tries to get this simple task done.[/QUOTE @pizza_pablo, Can you please explain the issue a little more? Like when moving icons around or?
    03-02-2019 01:32 PM
    Like when trying to move icons around, but pressing and holding the icon.
    Like when trying to delete and an icon or uninstall an app, by pressing and holding the icon.
    Like when trying to access the shortcut popup menu, but pressing and holding the icon.
    Etcetera, etcetera...
    03-02-2019 03:03 PM
    Like when trying to move icons around, but pressing and holding the icon.
    Like when trying to delete and an icon or uninstall an app, by pressing and holding the icon.
    Like when trying to access the shortcut popup menu, but pressing and holding the icon.
    Etcetera, etcetera...
    Wow, I find it just the opposite - I press the Icon with my thumb (if the phone is in one hand) for about a second and a menu opens. That will take care of deleting, uninstalling, etc. OR press and once the Menu opens, do not release, just slide wherever you want the Icon to go and it goes, then let go and it stays there! If working with two hands, I do the same thing, only with my index finger, which I find easier! (Hold phone left hand - right index finger to key)
    03-02-2019 03:51 PM
    Wow, I find it just the opposite - I press the Icon with my thumb (if the phone is in one hand) for about a second and a menu opens. That will take care of deleting, uninstalling, etc. OR press and once the Menu opens, do not release, just slide wherever you want the Icon to go and it goes, then let go and it stays there! If working with two hands, I do the same thing, only with my index finger, which I find easier! (Hold phone left hand - right index finger to key)
    Huh...
    Maybe a conflict with Nova launcher.
    Thanks, for the tips. I'll give them a whirl.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-02-2019 04:51 PM
    Huh...
    Yeah, I'm running stock! Just got Pie/One UI from AT&T Feb 1st too and it still works the same.
    03-02-2019 11:06 PM
    Huh...
    I'm using Nova Launcher & have the same smooth experience that @jimd1050 has. All working fine & quickly. I'd backup your Nova settings and maybe reset all to see if some configuration messed it up. I have Android 9.0 with One Ui installed.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-03-2019 04:50 PM
    If you rest your finger anywhere along the top most edge of your screen (by the front facing cameras) the screen will blur..

It's most likely a pre-animation for the drop down panel. Either way, instant privacy from prying eyes!

Probably just me, the more I do it, the more deliberate it seems...
    03-05-2019 07:32 AM
    I don’t know if this has been mentioned before but I recently began using it, swiping right on the home button to quickly switch to the last used app. Also, swiping right and holding lets you move through all apps in the task changer. Sadly, I can’t get it to work if I use task changer options in Goodlock though, so I’m sticking with the stock navbar so I can use this feature.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    03-13-2019 04:13 AM
    I don’t know if this has been mentioned before but I recently began using it, swiping right on the home button to quickly switch to the last used app. Also, swiping right and holding lets you move through all apps in the task changer. Sadly, I can’t get it to work if I use task changer options in Goodlock though, so I’m sticking with the stock navbar so I can use this feature.
    I wish they could get that to work using 3rd party launchers. There are a few issues with swiping that don't work right (including that) with Nova. I messaged them about it, and they told me it was on Google's end and was an issue on all 3rd party launchers and they new about the issue.
    03-15-2019 10:51 AM
284 ... 101112