Things you've discovered

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I've discovered that I cannot identify notification icons, on the AOD, from a couple feet away, even with my glasses.
These were larger on previous phones.
Is there a way to increase their size?

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy just put this on Black Friday (early) sale for $699 and I jumped on the chance to upgrade my still working Note 4. Discovering lots of things but one that I didn't see listed here is using your palm to fire the camera in selfie mode. In camera settings, under Front Camera, toggle on "show palm."

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey Monica,

I couldn't get Gmail to let me send the apk when I tried to send it to Jewels. I zipped it, zipped with a diff extension, etc. I gave up, lol, but looked for the version I used on apkmirror. It's the 1st "variant", 54801000, in this list of four:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/zedge...s/zedge-ringtones-wallpapers-5-48-10-release/

Thanks Sandra. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've downloaded the APK (1st and 2nd variant), installed and get the message "App not installed". I LOVE this clock/date widget!

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Sandra. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've downloaded the APK (1st and 2nd variant), installed and get the message "App not installed". I LOVE this clock/date widget!
Weird. Stupid question, but did you remember to uninstall your previous version?

I did just get the apk I'm using to upload to google drive. I'll pm you the link.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
At least on my phone I have discovered the the OIS is not as good as it has been in the past.

Did you switch to Pixel? I'm very underwhelmed with the camera ability of the Note. That's what I've learned with the phone that was left out of nearly all reviews.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Weird. Stupid question, but did you remember to uninstall your previous version?

I did just get the apk I'm using to upload to google drive. I'll pm you the link.

The original version was uninstalled for me by Zedge. I deleted the downloaded files but this strange shortcut remains and I can't seem to remove it. The left icon cycles wallpaper and the right one takes me to Zedge. I'm so confused!

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
The original version was uninstalled for me by Zedge. I deleted the downloaded files but this strange shortcut remains and I can't seem to remove it. The left icon cycles wallpaper and the right one takes me to Zedge. I'm so confused!

Do you still see anything that says Zedge in Settings > Apps that might show it wasn't uninstalled?

Also, maybe try installing the version of Zedge you're trying get rid of, then uninstall it using settings. Hopefully that gets rid of everything.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I discovered I can use the S-Pen as a trusted device to unlock my Note 9!
Just click the button on the S-Pen and it unlocks the display!

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I discovered I can use the S-Pen as a trusted device to unlock my Note 9!
Just click the button on the S-Pen and it unlocks the display!

That sounds like a security flaw to be honest, unless of course it only works if the pen is already out of the phone while it was unlocked

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like a security flaw to be honest, unless of course it only works if the pen is already out of the phone while it was unlocked

I don't see the security flaw? You can use Bluetooth devices the same way.

So i am using my S-Pen to navigate through my phone....turn away for a moment and the display locks....i then push the button on my Spen to wake/unlock the display again.
Not sure where the security flaw is? It just saves me from having to pick up the phone to unlock the display again....

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

So i am using my S-Pen to navigate through my phone....turn away for a moment and the display locks....i then push the button on my Spen to wake/unlock the display again.
Not sure where the security flaw is? It just saves me from having to pick up the phone to unlock the display again....

Walk away somebody else clicks the pen and is now in your phone. Watches at least are on the body. It is probably as much of a security risk as using Bluetooth headphones to do the same thing.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Walk away somebody else clicks the pen and is now in your phone. Watches at least are on the body. It is probably as much of a security risk as using Bluetooth headphones to do the same thing.

That is a problem. It is the same as if you have location based trusted sources or a bluetooth speaker as a trusted source. it does require people to use common sense.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you still see anything that says Zedge in Settings > Apps that might show it wasn't uninstalled?

Also, maybe try installing the version of Zedge you're trying get rid of, then uninstall it using settings. Hopefully that gets rid of everything.

I have uninstalled Zedge from Settings/Apps. I have reinstalled your version. IT WORKED, IT WORKED!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! You are my new best friend :)
I didn't realize we were reinstalling the entire Zedge app. I thought we were just installing the widget. That's what I get for thinking :)

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
So you have both fingerprint and pin code setup for protection but anyone can pick up your phone, pop out the pen and have access, doesn't make sense that the pen should be a trusted device unless tha *trust* expires when the pen run out of power at least

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
So I just discovered a "media" alarm on the phone. If I need to set an alarm it's always been on one of my Google Homes. In fact when I set an alarm a few minutes ago it was on my Google Home but my Note 9 took the command too, without me realizing it. I don't know if this is new or not, but, I got some non-descript little jingle that went down in volume once the pleasant lady started telling me the time, forecast, and that it was going to be a nice sunny day (complete with birds chirping). Then she went into a news spiel. That wasn't as smooth and seamless as the first part tho. Then more bouncy light music with birds. I liked it! :) Is this a Note 9 thing? Galaxy thing? Google?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol