Things you've discovered

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Huh...
Maybe a conflict with Nova launcher.
Thanks, for the tips. I'll give them a whirl.
I'm using Nova Launcher & have the same smooth experience that @jimd1050 has. All working fine & quickly. I'd backup your Nova settings and maybe reset all to see if some configuration messed it up. I have Android 9.0 with One Ui installed.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
If you rest your finger anywhere along the top most edge of your screen (by the front facing cameras) the screen will blur..

It's most likely a pre-animation for the drop down panel. Either way, instant privacy from prying eyes!

Probably just me, the more I do it, the more deliberate it seems...

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I don’t know if this has been mentioned before but I recently began using it, swiping right on the home button to quickly switch to the last used app. Also, swiping right and holding lets you move through all apps in the task changer. Sadly, I can’t get it to work if I use task changer options in Goodlock though, so I’m sticking with the stock navbar so I can use this feature.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I don’t know if this has been mentioned before but I recently began using it, swiping right on the home button to quickly switch to the last used app. Also, swiping right and holding lets you move through all apps in the task changer. Sadly, I can’t get it to work if I use task changer options in Goodlock though, so I’m sticking with the stock navbar so I can use this feature.

I wish they could get that to work using 3rd party launchers. There are a few issues with swiping that don't work right (including that) with Nova. I messaged them about it, and they told me it was on Google's end and was an issue on all 3rd party launchers and they new about the issue.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I've forgotten but my friend hates how the pie update constantly changes his icons at the bottom of his home screen. How do you stop that? Thanks!

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm surely late to the party, but how long has Auto Shazam been available on the Note 9? I just discovered the Auto Shazam toggle in the drop down curtin. I'm not sure I will want it on all the time but this seems like a great feature.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I found an article on xda about a hidden feature on Facebook messenger. You can enable a dark mode option.

All that is required is to send someone (anyone) the Cresent Moon emoji, close out messenger, open messenger, and long press the Cresent Moon that you previously sent. Then go into settings and you will now see a dark mode option. Screenshot_20190421-072232_Messenger.jpegScreenshot_20190421-072017_Messenger.jpegScreenshot_20190421-084054_Messenger.jpeg

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I just fount this today in SwiftKey. Maybe you guys already know this but it's new to me. It is a feature my Blackberry had years ago and I've wished would come to an Android keyboard many times.

You can create a shortcut to custom phrases. For example, if you type your address often, you can save your address to the clipboard and name it. So "home1", when typed would give you the option to actually select your address. I can think of at least a half dozen phrases I will be creating with a shortcut. Screenshot_20190428-125252_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I just fount this today in SwiftKey. Maybe you guys already know this but it's new to me. It is a feature my Blackberry had years ago and I've wished would come to an Android keyboard many times.

You can create a shortcut to custom phrases. For example, if you type your address often, you can save your address to the clipboard and name it. So "home1", when typed would give you the option to actually select your address. I can think of at least a half dozen phrases I will be creating with a shortcut. View attachment 302536
That's a cool find! I've used SwiftKey for years & never knew about this feature. Thx!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I officially feel like a complete dork. LOL. Like 4 days ago I discovered there was a conversation tab that made it a heck of a lot easier to share stuff or send messages and replies I can't believe I didn't notice this like the last several months I've had the phone
a817c3d6944dc054f03677662d5a4ee7.jpg

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I officially feel like a complete dork. LOL. Like 4 days ago I discovered there was a conversation tab that made it a heck of a lot easier to share stuff or send messages and replies I can't believe I didn't notice this like the last several months I've had the phone

What keyboard skin or theme are you using?

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

In which app did you find this?

Kris Hudson-Lee

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I just discovered today that when using DeX you can select to have your mouse pointer overlap from either side of your DeX monitor onto your phone screen. Dual Monitor!

captivedroid

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I found out that Samsung Pay Framework does not allow user to access permissions settings at all.

I discovered this matter today when a push notification alerted that Samsung Pay will always know my location.

The knowledge that Samsung Pay will or could track me, and that I cannot set permissions on this matter, is a little concerning. Though understandable (credit card use).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz