How can I get my keyboard this size with the Note 9 like my Note 8?

heraldo

May 22, 2010
Visit site
So it doesn't cover the whole screen and I don't have to reach as far with my thumb.

Attachments

• [[[[.jpg
    [[[[.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The keyboard pictured is Swype, but I don't know if that's a feature.

You can also turn on One-handed mode for the Note 9 when you need to type, but that isn't exactly what you're looking for.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
It should be in your keyboard settings. I see you're using swipe keyboard and I'm not too familiar with it. But it's in the settings for both SwiftKey and the Samsung keyboard.

Mandarita

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
My SwiftKey is doing this to me. I do want to get is sized correctly. If I lower the resolution, it corrects itself. However, I do not want to let what I consider to be a vital setting for one app. I hope they fix it soon.

I seem to remember having the issue with my Note 8,but it fixed itself. One day I lived in and my keyboard was small again. Just like that.

heraldo

May 22, 2010
Visit site
One Handed mode used to cover so much more than it does now. Now everything is in different categories and harder to find.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
My SwiftKey is doing this to me. I do want to get is sized correctly. If I lower the resolution, it corrects itself. However, I do not want to let what I consider to be a vital setting for one app. I hope they fix it soon.

I seem to remember having the issue with my Note 8,but it fixed itself. One day I lived in and my keyboard was small again. Just like that.
In SwiftKey hit the plus icon then hit the beat icon and choose the layout and/or size.
2ff55c7f5fd4c6de16c21996794ccc7a.jpg
97d7f833479924409e5dde72a4432c56.jpg
fd9742fd45325f59a3a8d694a32f4969.jpg

Mandarita

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
I have SwiftKey on the smallest setting and it's still way too large. It's almost half the screen. On my Note 8 it was much smaller, but that took awhile before an update must have gone through. Contacted them and their response was to change my resolution. I haven't found a fix yet, but maybe soon.

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I have SwiftKey on the smallest setting and it's still way too large. It's almost half the screen. On my Note 8 it was much smaller, but that took awhile before an update must have gone through. Contacted them and their response was to change my resolution. I haven't found a fix yet, but maybe soon.

I've noticed the same thing, thank you for contacting swiftkey, I look forward to any reply you get from them:)

heraldo

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses! After a little more research I found out the Swype is no longer being serviced by its owner. So no updates for different phones and they definitely disabled the way you could do it before.

I downloaded Google's keyboard because it has a tracing function. At first it would not get a single word right, then I started typing a handful of texts and then went back to its tracing function and it works flawlessly.