If on ATT's network, we simply need to hope and pray ATT and Samsung offer us the Pie OS, right?

There is no other way, to obtain this, unless you're on pure Google, like a Pixel, no?
    I suppose the same for the S9+...
    09-01-2018 05:16 PM
    They'll give use Pie after the S10 is released. That's how it was for Oreo on the Note 8 and previous releases. The S series is when the new stuff is released and the Note series refines and adds to it.
    bhatech and ivanwi11iams like this.
    09-01-2018 07:17 PM
    If on ATT's network, we simply need to hope and pray ATT and Samsung offer us the Pie OS, right?

There is no other way, to obtain this, unless you're on pure Google, like a Pixel, no?
    Had a Nexus back in the day, updates were on point, but I have come to realize that stock Android is not for me. Give me Samsungs addys to Android any day over having the latest updates immediately! We will get Pie, but not till next year.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    09-01-2018 07:25 PM

When you receive Android pie you will NOT notice anything different or better whatsoever. It happens every year, people cry and complain about not having the latest Android letter. And when they get it they notice nothing different at all. You will only notice the things Google ruins and these forums will get filled with complaints about it. Stock Android is a boring featureless joke. Your Note 9 and the Samsung experience is years ahead of any Android letter. Android S still won't compare to what we have now. Don't be in a hurry for nothing.
    09-01-2018 08:23 PM
    I for the most part agree with this. Samsung adds much more useful features for me than Google.
    When you receive Android pie you will NOT notice anything different or better whatsoever. It happens every year, people cry and complain about not having the latest Android letter. And when they get it they notice nothing different at all. You will only notice the things Google ruins and these forums will get filled with complaints about it. Stock Android is a boring featureless joke. Your Note 9 and the Samsung experience is years ahead of any Android letter. Android S still won't compare to what we have now. Don't be in a hurry for nothing.
    09-01-2018 08:58 PM
    ...touche'.
    09-01-2018 09:03 PM
    I have read alot of negative reviews about pie. I'll take Samsungs version thanks.
    09-01-2018 09:22 PM
    No issues here with P.
    I have read alot of negative reviews about pie. I'll take Samsungs version thanks.
    09-01-2018 09:36 PM
    I'm much more interested in receiving Security Updates to be honest.

When people were desperate to move from Nougat to Oreo I always highlighted that what Oreo brought over Nougat wasn't vast.

If the phone is stable on its current firmware then it's a risk to update sometimes and affect that stability.
    09-01-2018 11:41 PM
    I found P just great, worked a treat, simplified the operations and was smooth as. Personally i can't wait til it comes to this device
    09-02-2018 01:50 AM
    They'll give use Pie after the S10 is released. That's how it was for Oreo on the Note 8 and previous releases. The S series is when the new stuff is released and the Note series refines and adds to it.
    I think Pie will break the cycle due to project Treble. If it's not on the Note9 by the end of the year, I'll be shocked. Like others have said, it's much ado about nothing. No one will notice a whole lot of change. Samsung is usually a step ahead with features and the latest version of Android usually adds like 1 or 2 features that Samsung doesn't already include.
    09-02-2018 05:51 PM
    Still waiting. It's just fake news about Pie update in U.S. I heard March, then a bump up to February. I check multiple times a day.......and still nothing. I actually dont care anymore. Rant done.
    03-17-2019 08:27 PM
    Still waiting. It's just fake news about Pie update in U.S. I heard March, then a bump up to February. I check multiple times a day.......and still nothing. I actually dont care anymore. Rant done.
    I have Pie on my Note 9. Not that much of an improvement
    03-18-2019 05:40 PM